We need LB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Simba

Rookie
With Laurinaitis and Jo Loon Dunbar we need an other LB starter.McIntosh and Haggan are FA.Hull never played starter and with 2 knee operation is unlikely going to play as last season, in ST.Do You think we will choose a FA or a college prospect?(last year we chose 2 LB, from draft and from undrafted players, called Brown but with cuts and refirm we aren't been lucky and Jabara Wiliams doesn't look ready).

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm surprised by the number of mocks having us draft Ogletree.

I don't see it.

But I agree with your post; we need help at LB. Particularly OLB.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

A55VA6

Legend
I say bring in a solid veteran in FA. I'm not really in on drafting a LB high in the draft this year. Draft needs to be mainly on the Offensive side of the ball.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Simba said:
With Laurinaitis and Jo Loon Dunbar we need an other LB starter.McIntosh and Haggan are FA.Hull never played starter and with 2 knee operation is unlikely going to play as last season, in ST.Do You think we will choose a FA or a college prospect?(last year we chose 2 LB, from draft and from undrafted players, called Brown but with cuts and refirm we aren't been lucky and Jabara Wiliams doesn't look ready).

It's my belief that the Snead & Fisher plan is to wait & see what comes to us. I do not see them beating the UFA wild,rugged bush throwing large chunks of precocious few cap dollars to chase & run down a part time position. At the same time I can see them waiting being prepared.....WHEN a speedy outside weak-side type LB'er strolls by in front of them. If one of these type of players failed to materialize then they have plenty of options ...options that are a lot more sound and cap money wise.

I think it would also wise to consider the Dunbar issue whenever the Rams discuss adding an often overvalued & always overpriced UFA. In the real NFL world spending & using your Salary Cap Chips early has a tendency to shorten your winning GM & HC years. Dunbar was a very wise addition last year. Jo-Lonn signed a extremely Cap friendly contract that will come to a conclusion in 2013. I am sure that the Org. wants to keep this great compliment to JL who the Org. dumped well over 12 million in this MLB'er this season. Thats a big big chunk of LB'er cap space $$. If it were me I would be thinking about making the 27 yr old Dunbar part of the long range Ram plans. New Ram LBing coach was seriously surprised by the play of Dunbar in 2012 when reviewing the season film. If the Rams are going to spend any cap $$ in a LB'er then let it be on Dunbar with a contract extension!

Options for the part time position and third LBer could come from the second round of free agency when the prices & bidding have dropped off. Other cap friendly option is the draft in April where a sliding or missed over looked talented prospect fails into their lap. Other options set up by the Org are youthful 2012 season pick ups in talented but green Sammy Brown & Jarbara Williams. I for one would not sell Sammy Brown short on being able to seize this position early in training camp and make all of us happy. Lastly Rams have tough Josh Hull who has fought back from his rookie & 2nd season knee injuries to have a full 16 game season and even started one game @ SSLB post when Fisher benched Rocky. He had 4 tacks in that game.

So maybe I have helped with some of my thoughts here on this subject of LB need maybe it will provide some guess into what Snead & Fisher could be thinking here.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
The one guy I trust most because he discusses players dep into depth charts is Pat Kirwan.
His take is if we get a LB it should be a SAM cuz Dunbar is in his estimation near all pro level at Wil.
Every position on the field can always be upgraded , but for me LB is our lowest need .

fearsomefour

Legend
I like Henderson from the Vikings. A two down player but so is Dunbar (if hes not blitzing). I dont know what Henderson would demand moneywise.