We Love LA: Nickell Robey-Coleman

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Not only does he know how to perfectly time his pass breakups at key times in NFC championship games, he also knows how to fish.

dang

Legend
I picked Robey-Coleman last year as the one to watch on defense. I think he will continue to be a key to the defense again this year. And did he PI? Probably but he disguised it enough to not get called and he did exactly what he had to do to cover someone’s blown coverage.

oldnotdead

Legend
Nice yellowtail...prime sushi. LOL Real LA fare. But he needs to quit being a diva on the field and making bonehead mistakes. He's got the talent to be a really good slot CB if he can just be more consistent and less grabby.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Nice yellowtail...prime sushi. LOL Real LA fare. But he needs to quit being a diva on the field and making bonehead mistakes. He's got the talent to be a really good slot CB if he can just be more consistent and less grabby.

Um...what? NRC is a hell of a slot cornerback, and not a diva, from what I've seen. Maybe you mean Marcus Peters?

Also, that's a huge ass fish.

oldnotdead

Legend
That PI in NO was a example of how he free lances too much instead of focusing on what his play assignment is. That was the second perhaps 3rd time he'd done that during the game. Like Peters was doing, he's trying to make an off scheduled splash instead of simply doing what his assignment is. He's been doing it more and more. His response was to brag about how the rule should be named after him. It's all about him...that's being a diva. Peters played better when he simply quit free lancing. I'm sure Wade had a lot to say about it. Roby needs to learn that same lesson. You can be the best slot CB in the NFL but if you lose a playoff game because of free lancing what good is all that talent if he wastes it when you need it most.

This is why I would love them to coach up Scott, as a CB this year and then let Peters walk next year. I'd rather play with a two new CB's like Long and Scott than endure more of Peter's ego. The problem with the Ram D last year was that there were too many plays made by the opposition because guys simply didn't do their jobs. We saw that in Middleton last year when he simply didn't execute the coverage pass off and hung Peters out to dry. Last year the secondary was too undisciplined. Send a message, tighten your focus or walk.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
That PI in NO was a example of how he free lances too much instead of focusing on what his play assignment is. That was the second perhaps 3rd time he'd done that during the game. Like Peters was doing, he's trying to make an off scheduled splash instead of simply doing what his assignment is.
We should be glad that he did freelance, if not Lewis catches the ball and scores.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/rams/2019/01/20/nfl-pass-interference-los-angeles-rams-nickell-robey-coleman/2634080002/

But even after seeing the (non)-error of his ways, Robey-Coleman was unashamed, feeling he'd taken a calculated risk and won on a play where he felt the Saints were trying to fool his defense. And to hear Robey-Coleman tell it, he probably deserves some level of credit for a season-saving play.

Robey-Coleman's assignment was to cover Alvin Kamara in the slot, but he'd noticed the 5-7, 168-pound Lewis enter the New Orleans huddle and thought he was trying to hide among his larger teammates.

"Nobody saw him but me," Robey-Coleman said of Lewis, whom he said was ducking down while trying to go unseen.

So he made a decision unconsciously formed in Rams practices, ditched Kamara before the snap and sprinted across the formation toward Lewis, uncovered on the other side of the field.

"Pure instinct," said Robey-Coleman. "McVay does that play to us every week with the quick speed break."

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
15936869.jpg

dang

Legend
That PI in NO was a example of how he free lances too much instead of focusing on what his play assignment is. That was the second perhaps 3rd time he'd done that during the game. Like Peters was doing, he's trying to make an off scheduled splash instead of simply doing what his assignment is. He's been doing it more and more. His response was to brag about how the rule should be named after him. It's all about him...that's being a diva. Peters played better when he simply quit free lancing. I'm sure Wade had a lot to say about it. Roby needs to learn that same lesson. You can be the best slot CB in the NFL but if you lose a playoff game because of free lancing what good is all that talent if he wastes it when you need it most.

This is why I would love them to coach up Scott, as a CB this year and then let Peters walk next year. I'd rather play with a two new CB's like Long and Scott than endure more of Peter's ego. The problem with the Ram D last year was that there were too many plays made by the opposition because guys simply didn't do their jobs. We saw that in Middleton last year when he simply didn't execute the coverage pass off and hung Peters out to dry. Last year the secondary was too undisciplined. Send a message, tighten your focus or walk.
I think you missed what happened on that play Oldnotdead. NRC saved a blown coverage by another Ram. He about played it perfectly. The only other think he could have done was turn to the ball as the it got near the receiver but in real time he had a millisecond and needed eyes in the back of his head to have made that decision. Keep posting but your strong opinion against NRC was not supported by this example.