We Gotta Pound the Rock....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
This game just proves defense wins championships. I think we need to take defensive players with the majority of our draft picks because fierce defensive weapons under Williams will do more good for us than talented offensive weapons under Schotty.

I'm gonna send yer Dad a PM and suggest that he send you to your room and ground you for that post. :D

fearsomefour

Legend
Wasnt BJ supposed to be one of the top OL in the draft last year? I know he was comin off an injury, but wasnt he considered a dominate OL at multiple positions in college? Very interested in his progress, if he put on the extra weight people say he needed I'm sure coach Bu has helped with his technique. He could be a very big boost on the OL. And allows the Rams to draft either a C or an OG whichever has the TPA, instead of having to draft one of the 2 based on need.
He was great in college but that does not automatically transfer. I am sure he can offer a big boost to the line if he gets his game in order and is healthy, I am just not counting that egg until it is hatched. We havent seen him on the field in the NFL. Chris Williams was a first rounder that kicked ass in college too.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
While I am not opposed to "fixing" the Oline, using a compliment of high draft choices isn't necessarily the only way to go. I don't want to make this about the merits of assembling an Offensive Line, but if you take a look at Seattle, throughout the year, they didn't exactly have the best unit in the league. And yet they were still VERY successful running the football.

As Schottenheimer and the Rams displayed in the MNF game, its as much about scheme as it is about the individual parts of the puzzle. They were very creative in how they attacked Seattle's defense, and while it caught them off guard, it worked nonetheless. And that was with our "cast of misfits". But to your point of "pounding the rock", I agree with that 1000%. Run the ball, and thro off play action.

For me, I would like to see them do whatever it takes to upgrade the secondary, make the defense as complete as it can be. Keeping in mind, with as much youth and inexperience there is bound to be, it will again, take some time to fully develop. Seattle has the best secondary this league has seen for quite some time. But it didn't happen overnight. The Rams are 3/5 of the way to having a VERY GOOD secondary. Go get a legit CB (Nickel or otherwise) and find the compliment to McDonald at Safety and let them grow into the same sort of well oiled machine that is now seen I Seattle.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
While I am not opposed to "fixing" the Oline, using a compliment of high draft choices isn't necessarily the only way to go. I don't want to make this about the merits of assembling an Offensive Line, but if you take a look at Seattle, throughout the year, they didn't exactly have the best unit in the league. And yet they were still VERY successful running the football.

As Schottenheimer and the Rams displayed in the MNF game, its as much about scheme as it is about the individual parts of the puzzle. They were very creative in how they attacked Seattle's defense, and while it caught them off guard, it worked nonetheless. And that was with our "cast of misfits". But to your point of "pounding the rock", I agree with that 1000%. Run the ball, and thro off play action.

For me, I would like to see them do whatever it takes to upgrade the secondary, make the defense as complete as it can be. Keeping in mind, with as much youth and inexperience there is bound to be, it will again, take some time to fully develop. Seattle has the best secondary this league has seen for quite some time. But it didn't happen overnight. The Rams are 3/5 of the way to having a VERY GOOD secondary. Go get a legit CB (Nickel or otherwise) and find the compliment to McDonald at Safety and let them grow into the same sort of well oiled machine that is now seen I Seattle.
I agree about the running game, Stacey had almost 1000 yards in 12 games so that looks good for the future. I don't see the OLine as bad as some I'd like to have Saffold back. RT and LT should be fine. Center already on the team? maybe, LG might be the only open spot.

laramsoriginal

Starter
This game just proves defense wins championships. I think we need to take defensive players with the majority of our draft picks because fierce defensive weapons under Williams will do more good for us than talented offensive weapons under Schotty.

Which is why rams need to draft a cb and safety in the first round...after trading down of course. Then use the multiple 2nd round picks on OG, OG, OT. Then add a LB in the 3rd...skov from Stanford

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Ya know we say that every year, seemingly. The injuries always turn our OL into musical chairs. Therefore I expect more of the same, or worse. It honestly makes more sense to expect it than not. I bet it starts with Long.

boy you are right ol injuries have killed us. i wonder if we could do something with training methods or exersize routines or medical peaple or anything else that might help with injuries

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
boy you are right ol injuries have killed us. i wonder if we could do something with training methods or exersize routines or medical peaple or anything else that might help with injuries
It's been an ongoing problem for the past 6 yrs ... it simply baffles me. Every game, I am just waiting for another OL to go down..

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
If Barrett Jones comes to camp still looking like a doughboy I will be worried for him. We know he has the smarts to play, he's just gotta tighten up that body.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Wasnt BJ supposed to be one of the top OL in the draft last year? I know he was comin off an injury, but wasnt he considered a dominate OL at multiple positions in college? Very interested in his progress, if he put on the extra weight people say he needed I'm sure coach Bu has helped with his technique. He could be a very big boost on the OL. And allows the Rams to draft either a C or an OG whichever has the TPA, instead of having to draft one of the 2 based on need.
Check this out his injury seemed to pretty well exclude him from being much of a factor this year.

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...ntly-waiting-for-chance?ex_cid=espnapi_public