We got somethin' up our sleeve?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhxRam

"big name" probably just means someone with a lot of letters in their name.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
PhxRam said:
"big name" probably just means someone with a lot of letters in their name.
Maybe we can lure Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala out of retirement.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
We have to give our original pick which is #16...and a new contract...then the giants have the right to march that contract and they get to retain him...so if the rams really want him they have to give him a FAT deal so the giants won't want to sign him then the trade goes tru...BEEFY

A55VA6

Legend
I still say it'd be worth it. I feel like we won't get Cruz's talent level with whoever we could draft with the 16th pick... Just my opinion though. I say make a push for him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So I guess I'm one of the few people here that would be absolutely livid if we sign Cruz? There's no reason to give up Pick #16. If you want to go big, go big on another need and address WR in the draft.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Matthew Shaughnessy is a fairly big name. It even has a few unnecessary letters in it. :whome?:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A55VA6 said:
I still say it'd be worth it. I feel like we won't get Cruz's talent level with whoever we could draft with the 16th pick... Just my opinion though. I say make a push for him.

We can get Tavon Austin so...false. :p

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
jrry32 said:
So I guess I'm one of the few people here that would be absolutely livid if we sign Cruz? There's no reason to give up Pick #16. If you want to go big, go big on another need and address WR in the draft.

I like Cruz but not at that cost. I have said many times that I don't want us to break the bank over ANY FA. I realize we may very well go after a high dollar player but I would be shocked if we gave up our #16 AND the contract we all know Victor will expect. We're not the Redskins - Thank God.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
jrry32 said:

Im with you. If we sacrifice a 1st and get Cruz on a rookie deal, I be ok with it. However we are essentially giving up a 1st round pick for the right to negotiate with a guy that will be a UFA next year. No thanks

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
jrry32 said:

I don't think you'd be livid after Sam throws an 80 yard TD to CRUUUUUUUUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. :boing:

Oh gosh...Victor Cruz and Chris Givens on the same team. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I doubt it happens but I wouldn't be upset. Not my money...or picks.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
Let us draft another WR and watch him develop next year while at halftime we watch victor's highlights and cry.....

A55VA6

Legend
jrry32 said:
A55VA6 said:

Austin is good, but Cruz is a proven player. Tavon Austin could be another Donnie Avery.. you never know.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
A55VA6 said:
jrry32 said:
A55VA6 said:

Austin is good, but Cruz is a proven player. Tavon Austin could be another Donnie Avery.. you never know.
I really don't see *any* comparison between Austin and Avery. Two entirely different types of receivers, and Austin has a ton more in his arsenal. If anything, I'd be worried about Austin becoming the next Dante Hall. All-around skilled player, but no real impact on anything other than special teams.

jap

Legend
Even if the Rams want Cruz, why should they surrender a first round pick? We need multiple players and have a limited salary budget.

We need to solidify the OL and add two starting safeties (probably 1 by FA and the other by draft). Sure we need receivers, but we only have three now. We can't throw all the money at one guy with other needs to fill.

Wonderboy

Rookie
A55VA6 said:
jrry32 said:
A55VA6 said:

Completely agree with you. There "could" be some good receiver(s) in the draft, but we know Cruz IS a good receiver. I say give up a first, if that's what it takes, and get Cruz and give him a nice contract. If he's a good sport, give him a large roster bonus in year 2 so that we can still pick up a solid RT free agent as well!

A55VA6

Legend
I'm not really comparing him to Donnie, I'm just saying we all thought Donnie was going to be great and... we all know what happened. I mean if we draft Tavon Austin, I'd be happy. I like him alot.. mainly because of his speed and YAC. But when the Rams draft WR's.. they just seem to never work out.. or they are a project. But if we bring in a player like Cruz... that changes everything. He's proven. He's the #1 guy. Sam will have his guy. I'm sick of bringing in rookie after rookie and they just become some okay/somewhat productive slot guy.

PhxRam

Why do I seem to recall Cruz having questionable hands? Seems like I watched more then a few games where he had the dropsies.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
A55VA6 said:

Tony Softli (@SoftliSTL)
2013-03-11 4:12 PM
@Edro_41 There are better receivers in the draft then Victor Cruz and the 31 other teams recognize that. Giving a 1st rd pick for him..NO!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
A55VA6 said:
I'm not really comparing him to Donnie, I'm just saying we all thought Donnie was going to be great and... we all know what happened. I mean if we draft Tavon Austin, I'd be happy. I like him alot.. mainly because of his speed and YAC. But when the Rams draft WR's.. they just seem to never work out.. or they are a project. But if we bring in a player like Cruz... that changes everything. He's proven. He's the #1 guy. Sam will have his guy. I'm sick of bringing in rookie after rookie and they just become some okay/somewhat productive slot guy.
Fair enough. And I agree with you.
Cruz is 26 and knows how to play in the NFL.
( _______ ) is 23 or 24, and hasn't played a down in the NFL.

The only variable would be salary.

Cruz is gonna get paid.
( ________ ) is gonna take what his draft slot dictates.
What if the draft pick WAY outperforms anyone in the NFL in terms of production?
That's the risk you take with the draft, I guess. Gotta have a keen eye for talent.