We Can't Stop the Run. 1 Guess Why

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
One sole man is the reason a whole defense looks sloppy? That's a big accusation.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Because Brockers is really, really, really good at his job and might be even more difficult to replace in terms of production than anyone else on the Defense, including Donald.
I don't buy it. No one player is so good that an entire offense or defense can suddenly find themselves completely unable to stop/perform the run without him. Football is a team sport, and Brockers may be an important cog, we HAVE to have enough of a team around him to be able to handle opponents running if he's hurt or when he's getting a breather.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Whatever the reason they have 2 games left to fix it and hit the ground running when the season starts.We get Sea,Pitts,Az and Gb in 4 of our 1st 5 games so a slow start is not something we can afford to do.For the most part I think they will sense some urgency and pick it up right now it's just a little frustrating.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Because Brockers is really, really, really good at his job and might be even more difficult to replace in terms of production than anyone else on the Defense, including Donald.

On paper, Fairley is a pretty good plan 'B'.

Big dropoff when Westbrooks is in there, for sure.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I am a huge Brockers fan. He is an underappreciated gap filling space hog, BUT it better be more than that. If 1 player out keeps everyone else from being productive we are in trouble. Lets hope it is just early and things will work themselves out.Our tackling isn't helping things either

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yeah, I didn't understand starting Westbrooks at DT in place of Brockers. Rotating him in at DT to get him on the field and keep everyone fresh? Sure. But plugging him in in place of our primary lane clogger when other true DT options are available? But then, preseason is for getting reps and seeing what you have.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Yeah, I didn't understand starting Westbrooks at DT in place of Brockers. Rotating him in at DT to get him on the field and keep everyone fresh? Sure. But plugging him in in place of our primary lane clogger when other true DT options are available? But then, preseason is for getting reps and seeing what you have.
This started when K.Langford walked. The only other option the Rams brought in to be that big body lane clogger is Worthington, and he's been injured all of camp. Why that's been their only plan to replace Langford's run stuffing skill set is a mystery to me.

V3

Hall of Fame

WTH did they move him to DT? He's a DE IMO. His talent, whether that'll turn out to be much or not, is being wasted inside.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Can we go back to booting this shit to some other forum?

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
As far as problems go, JL is a lot further down the list than some other areas.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
WTH did they move him to DT? He's a DE IMO. His talent, whether that'll turn out to be much or not, is being wasted inside.
Moving DEs inside to have more pass rushers isn't uncommon.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
IMO it's because Fisher's training camps are sponsored by Charmin. It's the SAME THING every year. They are absolutely horrendous at tackling for the first 5-7 games because TC's are already limited and Fisher takes it even further on softness.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
just watch JL55

I watched him essentially get a sack, ended up forcing an incomplete. That should've been the end of the drive right there. Unfortunate a bs roughing call kept that drive alive.

Maybe people should stop trying to find a scapegoat for everything.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
One sole man is the reason a whole defense looks sloppy? That's a big accusation.
Exactly...it's more than one man...scheme....too many blitzes is my first guess, but OP (Ramsfreak ?) isn't far off.
Yeah, I didn't understand starting Westbrooks at DT in place of Brockers.
Trying to get a look versus some starting caliber players...I thought it was an excellent idea...preseason is for learning things...from coaching, to players actual abilities....

Defense wasn't pretty in the first half..plenty of positives..Joyner played much better...corners still too soft..off too much...I think we can see why I really want Barron out there...And I also agree about Langford will be missed. Westbrooks is in a very crowded rotation...He better bring it the next 2 games...

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
2 weeks into preseason and the drums have started banging.

200w_d.gif

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I watched him essentially get a sack, ended up forcing an incomplete. That should've been the end of the drive right there. Unfortunate a bs roughing call kept that drive alive.

Maybe people should stop trying to find a scapegoat for everything.
No offense bro, but essentially get a sack was not the point...the post was regarding RUN DEFENSE....sounds like you're trying to find a reason to not address a huge problem...as far as that attempted tackle on the sack, looks like the main problem right there...rookie QB, in your sights, and our MLB can't bring him down..but instead slides down his leg as he throws the ball away...weak attempt at a tackle IMO...