We Are NOT Losing to Case Keenum

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I promise you I'm not trying to be a smart-ass here but isn't this how you try to stop all quarterbacks?
Try blitzing Tom Brady and see what happens. Pocket QBs are different. You have to get to them with your front four. And play sound, fundamental football. Case Keenum gets rattled easily. Blitz the hell out of him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Their offense doesn't scare me much, especially with Case, but their defense is elite and will be tough to move the ball on.

One other thing of note is that McVay is going to look at film of that elite defense from last week vs the same offense (Skins). While the Skins have different wrinkles in what they do, it's going to make for an easy film study for McVay, and hopefully will help the Rams get on track early to limit the crowd a bit.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't think Keenum has a good day Sunday.

Whatever happens just don't wear those Case Keenum underoos beneath your dude robe. It's time to burn them. :p

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Contain him in the pocket, collapse the pocket, clog the throwing lanes, and take away his lines of sight.
Legatron, this is the part of Jerry's quote that I was responding to and it doesn't say anything here about blitzing and that's why I edited it out.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Legatron, this is the part of Jerry's quote that I was responding to and it doesn't say anything here about blitzing and that's why I edited it out.
I wasn’t tagged so that’s why it’s taking long to respond. But I wasn’t going off of what Jerry said. It’s just my opinion on how to play these types of QBs vs elite pocket passers. Because you mentioned playing all QBs the same. And that’s simply not true.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Because you mentioned playing all QBs the same. And that’s simply not true.
No I did not say that.
I said that those techniques that I quoted would work/help to contain all quarterbacks;
Contain them in the pocket.
Take away their lines of sight.
Collapse the pocket.
Clog the throwing lanes.

That would hinder all quarterbacks.
Whether they are a pocket passer, a guy who loves to scramble outside of the pocket to make plays or even a college quarterback who would rather run it then throw it.