We Are NOT Losing to Case Keenum

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
FWIW - I like Keenum as a player and a person, I thought he was a true team player last year for the rams.

Our players know Keenum, his strengths and his weaknesses, he's having a great year on a team with a lot of talent. I'm sure Phillips will have a plan to contain him in a crowded pocket as @jrry32 and @Mojo Ram suggested above, I think Aaron Donald is going to have to get in there early with a strip sack or two to rattle him nicely too.

I'm more concerned with the slow start we had against the Texans, and some of the big plays we gave Savage - we can't do that against the Vikings, we're going to have to be at our best in all three phases of play against the next 3 opponents if we want to win.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
This is going to be a good one. The Vikings will be the best team we have played so far this year.

Case isn't going to scare anyone - but we know he can play well enough to win in the right circumstances.

ausmurp

Starter
Yes, but it pizzes me the f*ck off when some act like we are the weak sister in the group of 4 teams with the best record in the NFC. THEY have to fear us as much as we fear them

I'd say so, if not more so. They gave up 30 to a decimated Redskins team with no running game. We have an all around better O and D than Redskins. They may lie to themselves but they're afraid. Very afraid.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One thing about Keenum is the guy will take a lot of shots down field and the way Theilan is playing and Diggs they are going to have chances.

This game is going to come down to our corners and safeties playing soundly cause believe it or not Keenum is the best qb we have faced all year and those over throws that out defense has been lucky enough to have aren’t happening with Keenum.

We have to pressure him and hit him and not let him use his legs either

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Case's weaknesses are well known. A master strategist like the SonOfBum is gonna expose that weak arm by putting constant pressure on him. Case will scramble, but he is mot particularly fast or nimble. We have fast defenders who can contain him adequately, . . . , and who might just knock him out if he isn't wary.

To be fair to Keenum this is the best team he has been on. And Keenum arm might not be particularly strong to thread the needle but his arm is more than enough to throw deep which he has been doing with the Vikings. Gotta be careful of just going all out with blitzes cause his receivers are on fire too. I’m looking forward to this game

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Nearly 2 years without live game action vs a solid defense? I like those odds. Not really worried qb wise with either but I got a feel bridgewater would struggle move. But that's just my opinion

I don't think it really matters which QB the Vikes trot out there. It's more about our defense properly executing what Wade and the staff cook up.

If our defense comes out playing well early vice the "we're gonna need a quarter or two to warm up" BS, I think the offense will start rolling early and the Vikes might find themselves down quickly at home. Our offense really responds well to getting possessions flipped quickly to them.

If the defense comes out flat it's gonna be a tough game.

I expect anywhere from a tough, well-fought loss to the Rams blowing them out. But either way it's going to be physical as F and a stressed playoff atmosphere. Big, big test for our young team.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not that confident about this game.

Their offense doesn't scare me much, especially with Case, but their defense is elite and will be tough to move the ball on. This game is reminiscent of the Jaguars game, which was won by our special teams. We'll need the same type of effort Sunday IMO.

We've played Seattle and Jacksonville, whose defenses are around the same level as the Vikings - our offense didn't fare well in either game.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'm thinking Zuerlein may be the difference in this one.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
We are playing against a well put together, overall team. The reason for their record, and ours, is because they are pretty good in all phases. We need to play clean.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I saw a bunch of this out there today.
I think he sticks with Case. You don't sit a hot QB when you're winning.
Depends on what's on the bench behind him.

If a player doesn't lose his position from injury.....play them when they're ready....IMO

I SEE 3 picks

from Keenum....

really don't expect him to finish this game.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

I agree, although I also believe that we'll be seeing both Keenum, then Bridgewater. In the second half Bridgewater will enter because our D will have stymied Keenum. jmo.

Last edited:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Nothing against Keenum, gutsy guy, great back up QB. However, time for the Rams to bench him again next week.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Decision time for Zimmer this week. IMO if he sits Keenum and starts Bridgewater at this point? HUGE mistake.

Case has won a lot of games as a starter in his career. It’s not about stats. He was also in a lot of games last year thT The Rams lost .

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Looking through my DirecTV channel guide has this game listed on my local Fox channel, so we should have big time national coverage. Assuming Buck and Aikman will be calling the game.