We Are In Good Hands

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Looking at what we have gotten done in FA this year. i am still impressed with what we did with under $40 mil. to spend. Brought in 12 players. We didn't go out and break the bank to sign all the big names, yet we addressed needs and after looking over it, I noticed that we also addressed every unit on the team.
2 OL - Whitworth, Sullivan
1 RB - Dunbar
1 QB - Murray
1 WR - Woods
1 TE - Travis Wilson
1 DL - Walker
2 LB - Conner, Thompson
2 DB - Webster, NRC
1 ST's - Andrew East
That is a pretty amazing accomplishment considering we had under $4omil to spend. And not everyone of them are going to start, but the depth is also important. East will probably not last past training camp. But the rest of these guys are going to provide veteran leadership and depth across a team that has been known to be the youngest in the league.

Plenty of work yet to do but damn I applaud KD, Snead and McVay for looking at and finding guys to help every single unit on the team. We are in good hands.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh ...and i forgot to add ... if you count the Tru and Easley deals .. .that is 14 ;)

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Looking at what we have gotten done in FA this year. i am still impressed with what we did with under $40 mil. to spend. Brought in 12 players. We didn't go out and break the bank to sign all the big names, yet we addressed needs and after looking over it, I noticed that we also addressed every unit on the team.
2 OL - Whitworth, Sullivan
1 RB - Dunbar
1 QB - Murray
1 WR - Woods
1 TE - Travis Wilson
1 DL - Walker
2 LB - Conner, Thompson
2 DB - Webster, NRC
1 ST's - Andrew East
That is a pretty amazing accomplishment considering we had under $4omil to spend. And not everyone of them are going to start, but the depth is also important. East will probably not last past training camp. But the rest of these guys are going to provide veteran leadership and depth across a team that has been known to be the youngest in the league.

Plenty of work yet to do but damn I applaud KD, Snead and McVay for looking at and finding guys to help every single unit on the team. We are in good hands.
Couldn't agree more bro, I'd be very surprised if McVay doesn't pull an Adam Gase and get us to a 10-6 record and a playoff berth. Gotta believe!

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
You have to consider the cuts and FA's they let walk as a "plus".
We are soooo far ahead of where we were last year. Like i admit to ... lots of work yet to be done and kinks to iron out .... but the competency and lack of dysfunction that this organization is now showing is far far ahead.

TexasRam

Legend
My greatest priority for free agency was 2 pro bowl level Olineman

I expect Whitworth to play great. If Sullivan returns to his pro bowl level form then we have hit a Grand slam in free agency..... IF.

The Barwin and the CB's signings are sneaky good.

BeefJurky

Rookie
My greatest priority for free agency was 2 pro bowl level Olineman

I expect Whitworth to play great. If Sullivan returns to his pro bowl level form then we have hit a Grand slam in free agency..... IF.

The Barwin and the CB's signings are sneaky good.
Sully just has to be average and it'll be a big upgrade. If we plays anything close to his pro bowl level, its just that much extra

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I think you should add some of the coaching decisions to the list too. I mean... Wade Phillips? Couldn't have dreamed for that at the start of the coaching search.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I think you should add some of the coaching decisions to the list too. I mean... Wade Phillips? Couldn't have dreamed for that at the start of the coaching search.
You are right. But my post was written mainly about how our FA period has gone. In replies to other posts I have addressed how impressed I am with the coaching hires and what they mean as well to the transformation of this team. I wrote this after going over the new roster and seeing who and what they brought in. then it struck me about the # of players signed, along with the decent quality of players and leadership brought in. Then I also noticed that EVERY unit on the team had an addition to either solidify depth or fill a starting need. Doing all this for under $40 mil. kinda made me smile and thus I wrote the post :) And I know that we are going to add even more in this draft to bolster, solidify or at least provide competition.

I sit back and think back to how much different this organization is acting now. Not being overly aggressive and just throwing money out, but doing due diligence and getting "bang for their buck". I ... myself early on in FA was getting a bit unnerved that they didn't go out after the big name guys. But now I see what their plan was/is and I am really impressed how they approached this. Once the actual "football on the field" starts, then wee will see the fruits of the coaching staff and it's affect on the transformation. I am stoked!

jap

Legend
I am wondering if my dream of seeing the Horns with top five (or ideally best of all, top one!) defense, offense, and special team units be fulfilled with this coaching administration. The Man with the Golden Arm still needs to mature so much more as an NFL signal caller. Todd needs to come into his own as the heir apparent to being the best RB in the business, after. AP Our OL has to move closer to the Battering Ram OLs of former Ram OL coach, Hudson Houck. Bones' Boys need to continue to improve and dominate. And the SonOfBum needs to show why he is the best DC in the business. I feel so much better of accomplishing this dream with this admin team than past regimes, probably not this year, but it may just come to pass.

Last edited:

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I too am very impressed with the off season so far. This draft seems to be deep at TE, WR, and DB so I think we will get some much needed help there. I personally hope Engram is sitting there at 37.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am wondering if my dream of seeing the Horns with top five (or ideally best of all, top one!) defense, offense, and special team units be fulfilled with this coaching administration. The Man with the Golden Arm still needs to mature so much more as an NFL signal caller. Todd needs to come into his own as the heir apparent to being the best RB in the business. Our OL has to move closer to the Battering Ram OLs of former Ram OL coach, Hudson Houck. Bones' Boys need to continue to improve and dominate. And the SonOfBum needs to show why he is the best DC in the business. I feel so much better of accomplishing this dream with this admin team than past regimes, probably not this year, but it may just come to pass.

NFLN in 2020.
"Ok, four of five us agree that the Rams will be a the representative of the NFC again in the Super Bowl. After the Rams blowout of the Patriots last year, and the subsequent retirements of Tom Brady and Bill Bellicheck, who will represent the AFC this year?

FRO

Legend
McVay has massive potential, but I don't get the Demoff/Snead love. They've had many opportunities to right the ship and haven't come close. Hopefully McVay and staff are so good they can right the ship by themselves.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
GZ would be #15, Redding.

Pretty damned impressive FA offseason, indeed!
Damn ... I forgot about him .. yep! Amazing how much can get done when they have an actual plan, eh?

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
McVay has massive potential, but I don't get the Demoff/Snead love. They've had many opportunities to right the ship and haven't come close. Hopefully McVay and staff are so good they can right the ship by themselves.
Don't be so sure that JF wasn't holding onto more power and say so on things before he left. Could be that Kroenke wised up and now everyone is free to actually do their jobs and implement a wiser plan.