We Are Holding The Cards!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_of_Old

We have the number two pick and with Clowney and Bridgewater entering the draft, I expect we will be getting multiple offers to trade down. It will be interesting to see what Snead does with the offers.

Thank you Danny Snyder! :woot:

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
LOL going to be interesting to see what happens ESPECIALLY if two top QB's emerge!

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
I starting to hope we get an extra first in 2015, love having a team to root against, just fun...

RFIP

We have the number two pick and with Clowney and Bridgewater entering the draft, I expect we will be getting multiple offers to trade down. It will be interesting to see what Snead does with the offers.

Thank you Danny Snyder! :woot:

Their are legs starting to grow on the story that newly named Texans coach Bill O'Brien, formally of the Pats before heading to PSU, coached Ryan Mallette one season and "whispers" are starting that he'd trade #33 pick to NE for Mallette allowing the Texans to then draft Clowney.

Let me be on record now as saying IF that would play out I think the Rams could get another ransom for the #2 pick with all QB's still in play and every team wanting to jump over one another.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Their are legs starting to grow on the story that newly named Texans coach Bill O'Brien, formally of the Pats before heading to PSU, coached Ryan Mallette one season and "whispers" are starting that he'd trade #33 pick to NE for Mallette allowing the Texans to then draft Clowney.

Let me be on record now as saying IF that would play out I think the Rams could get another ransom for the #2 pick with all QB's still in play and every team wanting to jump over one another.

Yes no matter what the Texans do in taking DE Jadeveon Clowney or one of the half dozen top QB's. A quick review indicates to me there would be SEVEN teams in great need for a QB. Other teams who could be inserted into that seven depends on where Jay Cutler ends up Chicago or where he lands in this seven-Cleveland, Jax, Tenn, Oakland, Minn, Houston & Tampa Bay. All having different views on which one will be the best fit in their team.

I do think that if the Houston teams passes on a QB for DE then the Rams Cards just got better!

SC-Ram78

Rookie
If the texans trade for Mallet then who's to say that don't trade that first overall pick? Do you think that would change anything with us trading the number 2 pick?

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
If the texans trade for Mallet then who's to say that don't trade that first overall pick? Do you think that would change anything with us trading the number 2 pick?
No! Still gonna trade down for more picks!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

In truth the Texans need a new good young QB to go with a new HC. I would not bet all my eggs in him(Mallet) as the teams long term future. Would you? Texans have over 10.5 mil left in dead money if they release QB Schaub so trading him & his 14.5 mil contract for 2014 would be...well not likely....they will find it hard to sign any big name QB this yr with little cap $$. It will be hard to pass up a QB with that #1 pick...I just don't see how this helps them.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/matt-schaub/

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
WOW! This is getting even better. Thank goodness we have a great young football mind like Snead and an old experienced football coach like Fisher.

We could begin the building process of a team that will thrive for years. RAM ON!

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig

IMO the answer to this is a resounding yes! Who, in their right mind, sees Schaub as a viable alternative for Bradford regardless of the difference in salary?

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig

Not that I was ever claiming to be in my right mind, but I never thought Schaub was better or had more potential for that matter.

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bottom line, we could get a number of really good picks from our position. Snead is a magician at this!

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
WOW! This is getting even better. Thank goodness we have a great young football mind like Snead and an old experienced football coach like Fisher.

We could begin the building process of a team that will thrive for years. RAM ON!

I think the build is already in process, and the original trade with Washington could go down as the trade that built a dynasty.