We are guaranteed #3 overall or better...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I just ran the numbers in a huge spreadsheet.

Regardless of what happens the rest of this week and next week, we will have no worse than the #3 overall pick.

The only team we can tie with is the Jags in terms of SOS.

If we tie with the Jags then it's a coin flip for the #2 and #3 overall pick, since there is no division or conference tie breaker.

Based on all the permutations that I ran, I would put the odds of us getting the #2 overall at over 90%.

Alan

Legend
Good man max! I thought it would probably be you who took the time to do the math.
Thanks! :bigup:

RamzFanz

Damnit

Regardless of what happens the rest of this week and next week, we will have no worse than the #3 overall pick.

If we tie with the Jags then it's a coin flip for the #2 and #3 overall pick, since there is no division or conference tie breaker.

Based on all the permutations that I ran, I would put the odds of us getting the #2 overall at over 90%.

Thanks!

And a Houston win and Washington loss would mean #1 for the Rams?

Alan

Legend
Every win or loss by every team either of them have played against will effect the SOS. I think we'll probably still have to wait until after the last games have been played to know for sure.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
All 5 of the following have to happen next week for us to lose the #2 overall to the Jags:
Pats beat the Bills
Steelers beat the Browns
Niners beat the Cards
Colts beat the Jags
Skins beat the Giants

And it would be crazy if the Texans beat the Titans, and the Skins lost to the Giants. That would give us #1 overall. But I'm elated with what we have already.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
All 5 of the following have to happen next week for us to lose the #2 overall to the Jags:
Pats beat the Bills
Steelers beat the Browns
Niners beat the Cards
Colts beat the Jags
Skins beat the Giants

And it would be crazy if the Texans beat the Titans, and the Skins lost to the Giants. That would give us #1 overall. But I'm elated with what we have already.

If above happens the Rams are gonna get a boatload of picks!

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Every win or loss by every team either of them have played against will effect the SOS. I think we'll probably still have to wait until after the last games have been played to know for sure.

I took care of all that and ran all the possibilities. It just comes down to those 5 games.

We have a better chance of getting #1 overall than getting #3 overall.

I guarantee you, no worse than #3, and #2 is most likely.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I took care of all that and ran all the possibilities. It just comes down to those 5 games.

Soooo...Go Houston!!! :heh:

Sum1

Hall of Fame
You know...it sure is awesome rooting for a draft pick that isn't connected with the Rams record!

Agamemnon

Rookie

All I know is Fisher guaranteed that we would not be picking 2cd. ;)

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Thanks!

And a Houston win and Washington loss would mean #1 for the Rams?
Houston @ Tenn is 50/50 at best, I will be glued too that game!!!!!!

Giants better have a good game plan next week!!!!

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom

Didn't we beat the Jags? Head to head.
I would think that would be the tie breaker in their favor.

According to my calculations the Redskins opponents have a combined 123 wins, the Texans opponents 133 wins. If the Falcons were to beat the Whiners tonight then the Redskins opponents would have 124 wins. Now two (times two due to division), plus a further 8 out of division play each other so those 8 opponents cancel each other out. If the Texans were to win and the Redskins were to lose then the Texans win total remains the same, the Redskins opponent win total goes up by 2 so now we have 132-139. Which leaves the two opponents with the same record in the previous year as the only free variables worst case you're left with Redskins 134-139 Texans.

Which is a long way of saying Texans win, Redskins lose and we have the number one overall pick.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

this is great news. part of me wants the rams to make a mega deal again so they can horde elite talent for a few more seasons. but another part of me wants them to just take clowney. imagine a line of quinn, clowney, long, brockers, hayes in passing situations. i'm already drooling, you gotta believe fisher will be drooling at that prospect.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I want the highest pick possible in order to trade it for more picks and more better players. Get the offense closer to the level of the defense! Score more and let the defense dominate!