Wayne Hunter rips Jets fans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
By James Walker | ESPN.com
http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/ ... -jets-fans

Former New York Jets right tackle Wayne Hunter had some choice words for New York Jets fans and media this week.

Consider it Hunter's not-so-nice parting shot.

"They're like sharks," Hunter told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. "They let you know (how they feel) right off the bat. And even if you're doing good, they may just not like you for the heck of it. It's brutal over there. Those fans, they know what they want, and they pretty much demand it. So if you don't give it to them, they'll let you know."

Hunter was traded to the St. Louis Rams for former draft bust Jason Smith because both players were struggling and needed a change of scenery. Hunter’s play was awful last season, and it appeared to be getting worse during the preseason. He lost his starting job to Austin Howard.

Hunter was constantly ripped by Jets fans and the media for his play. His technique and footwork in pass protection was horrendous. The right tackle said the Jets treated him well, but not the media and fans in New York.

"There's no words to describe it,” Hunter explained. “If you can handle the 'Concrete Jungle,' you can handle anywhere. I've been through it all."

Hunter, in my experience, was a good person and a standup guy. Hunter always owned up to his mistakes, no matter how bad he played. The bottom line is Hunter simply wasn't very good, and certainly not starting material.

Maybe Hunter improves with a change of scenery. But if he performs in St. Louis like he did in New York, Rams fans eventually will treat Hunter the same way. It's a performance business.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Well, I got ripped supporting the move to get him, so I imagine, he will get ripped here (St Louis) too. I mean he's already getting ripped in some alternate sites, and he hasn't really even played yet. I'll support him, unless he continually makes the same mistakes, and then I'll just tell it like I see it.

joeybittick

Rookie
St. Louis fans, be they Cardinals fans, Blues Fans, or Rams fans, have a pattern. And I don't think it is a pattern that is exclusive to the message board posters.

It seems the majority of StL fans pick a few guys and fix their targets on them. They will receive all of the venom that may be spread out over several players in some cities.

When the Blues were bad, Jackman and Brewer were pretty much the sole reasons in most Blues Talk posters minds.

When the Cardinals lose a game, it was TLR, Ryan Franklin, and Matt Holliday. Now it is Matheny and maybe Westbrook.

With the Rams it was Spags and Devaney (maybe deservedly so? :idk?: ), but on the field it was Bulger, Barron, and Incognito. Smith was in that category. StL fans hated that the #2 pick was an O-lineman from the beginning.

I remember Orlando Pace used to take a lot of shit. SJax certainly always had the microscope on him, maybe he still does? It is the cycle of StL fandom.

Maybe it is that way everywhere?