Watkins 40 Time

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jjab360

Legend
Bored? Or the light didn't come on? I don't know. But if you are bored when you have the chance to put yourself in elite company then what does that say about your level of interest after you get paid? If the light didn't come on right away? Well we already have one of those and his physical traits are far superior for the needs of this team. We don't need a decent 6'1" receiver.
I'm all for grabbing one of these OL early, but this train of thought is out there. What did Watkins do that made him seem so bored or disinterested?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm all for grabbing one of these OL early, but this train of thought is out there. What did Watkins do that made him seem so bored or disinterested?

Appearances and also what others have said. I'm sure bored is not exactly right. But how many people have you seen that looked bored or confused - you just couldn't put a finger on which one it was. Man I hate being confused by others' confusion.

Seriously, he didn't look like someone ready to seize the day.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Appearances and also what others have said. I'm sure bored is not exactly right. But how many people have you seen that looked bored or confused - you just couldn't put a finger on which one it was. Man I hate being confused by others' confusion.

Seriously, he didn't look like someone ready to seize the day.
I agree, he ran some of the drills half-assed. Didn't even try to catch one ball that I saw, because he thought he deserved a better throw? And then Lee(and others) ran everything full speed, and was jumping, and diving, and laying out for bad throws. Dude, I'm so competitive that i will lay someone out in a game of ping pong. NOT what I want in a #1 pick...sorry. He lost tons of points from me today.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I agree, he ran some of the drills half-assed. Didn't even try to catch one ball that I saw, because he thought he deserved a better throw? And then Lee(and others) ran everything full speed, and was jumping, and diving, and laying out for bad throws. Dude, I'm so competitive that i will lay someone out in a game of ping pong. NOT what I want in a #1 pick...sorry. He lost tons of points from me today.
Exactly. I want guys who don't settle and who put it all out there.

And I will take you out in ping pong. Just sayin':cool::D

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Exactly. I want guys who don't settle and who put it all out there.

And I will take you out in ping pong. Just sayin':cool::D
Did you know that I have beaten world ranked guys? Just saying....

Last time I played a 10 year old beat me:(

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Did you know that I have beaten world ranked guys? Just saying....

Last time I played a 10 year old beat me:(
I didn't say I'd beat you in the game. Just don't turn your back when the ball hits the ground.:eek:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I didn't say I'd beat you in the game. Just don't turn your back when the ball hits the ground.:eek:
I'll bring a gun instead of a paddle....lol. I still shoot pretty good, and regularly.

The kid didn't even see it coming...blam!

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I have to admit hearing this kind of news really depresses me on Watkins, and makes me a lot more mentally prepared for an early Tackle because without Watkins' head in the game, it's the only option I see besides just trading down for extra picks. (It's POSSIBLE that another WR could step up... I just hadn't heard that talk about anyone but Watkins.)

It's just... I would really love a WR corps that flat out SCARED people. Where Bradford could say "Oh, you want to double cover this guy? I'll just throw to that guy." and left opposing DBs unable to sleep before playing the Rams. I wasn't anticipating a new GSOT, but I thought Bradford could really light it up with that kind of WR corps.

Yes, a dominant O-Line could also scare people, but I think, at least in the short term, I think that's possible to have by adding a Round 2 Guard. And I think Bradford has too much potential for the team to be as run centric as that would likely imply. (Although I don't think we'll quite reach Jim Everett with Dickerson on the team levels.)

So frustrating news today. I really hope Robinson is all you guys are saying if he ends up our pick.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I have to admit hearing this kind of news really depresses me on Watkins, and makes me a lot more mentally prepared for an early Tackle because without Watkins' head in the game, it's the only option I see besides just trading down for extra picks. (It's POSSIBLE that another WR could step up... I just hadn't heard that talk about anyone but Watkins.)

It's just... I would really love a WR corps that flat out SCARED people. Where Bradford could say "Oh, you want to double cover this guy? I'll just throw to that guy." and left opposing DBs unable to sleep before playing the Rams. I wasn't anticipating a new GSOT, but I thought Bradford could really light it up with that kind of WR corps.

Yes, a dominant O-Line could also scare people, but I think, at least in the short term, I think that's possible to have by adding a Round 2 Guard. And I think Bradford has too much potential for the team to be as run centric as that would likely imply. (Although I don't think we'll quite reach Jim Everett with Dickerson on the team levels.)

So frustrating news today. I really hope Robinson is all you guys are saying if he ends up our pick.
I feel yuh. I love elite skill players. I just don't see one I think will really be the guy that puts the scare into defenses. I DO think that giving Sam time to throw actually scares the shit out of DCs though. Add a running game and our defense is already going to be scary.

What Bucky Brooks has to say on Watkins

Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson: Watkins delivered on his promise to put on a show at the NFL Scouting Combine. The Clemson standout clocked a 4.43 40-yard dash, while also displaying exceptional quickness in change-of-direction drills. Most importantly, Watkins showed strong hands and excellent ball skills while snatching live throws in the positional workout. He is more polished than I expected as a route runner, displaying balance and body control while getting in and out of breaks. With a strong resumé backing up his athletic exploits, it's a virtual lock that Watkins will be the first receiver to come off the board on draft day.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/0a...s-mike-evans-headline-sundays-combine-winners

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
You guys are scrutinizing his demeanor way too much. He's probably upset that they called false starts on both of his 40s. He probably ran a faster time in practice. He looked focused to me, not uninterested. Was he criticized for being indifferent in game situations? His Pro Day is next week so we'll see.

OK, now I'm confused... I admit I'm not watching the Combine live... but the board was making it sound like he totally choked and looked bored out of his skull to even be at the Combine.

I thought other guys were more impressive in the drills, but he certainly didn't stink it up, I do think that report was too much praise, but always good to take in all perspectives.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
OK, now I'm confused... I admit I'm not watching the Combine live... but the board was making it sound like he totally choked and looked bored out of his skull to even be at the Combine.
I think that is a bit more than anyone is really saying. But the guy was saying he was going to make a show of it and I just don't think he really wowed anyone besides maybe Bucky who doesn't happen to mention the drop that appeared to be a lack of concentration or his vertical that was 10" less than Evans. And though slower in the 40, Evans showed what looked to be pretty good long speed and better, more natural hands.

My main point is that I am not sold on him being that player that really helps us the most. Granted, I was leaning OL before this but he certainly didn't convince me of anything besides there are no immediate impact receivers in the draft. And if anything, I'd guess that Evans will have more of an immediate impact.

Of course you all know how much I get paid to analyze players. Money beyond your wildest dreams.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I thought other guys were more impressive in the drills, but he certainly didn't stink it up, I do think that report was too much praise, but always good to take in all perspectives.
Yeah - I'd agree with that. He looked like a stud out there. Enough of a stud for me to want him in the top five? Nope. But what the hell do I know? Oh - besides more than you.:p

Yeah - I'd agree with that. He looked like a stud out there. Enough of a stud for me to want him in the top five? Nope. But what the hell do I know? Oh - besides more than you.:p

You wish, you don't have an ounce of my knowledge, I'm a god when it comes to women's synchronised swimming...oh you mean about football? :oops:.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Of course you all know how much I get paid to analyze players. Money beyond your wildest dreams.
I can imagine $42,000 pretty easily. ;)

I would have more, but I keep buying imaginary WWE stock.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You wish, you don't have an ounce of my knowledge, I'm a god when it comes to women's synchronised swimming...oh you mean about football? :oops:.
Not sure. A thread about women in a pool sounds pretty entertaining. Go with your strengths.