Watkins 40 Time

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Here's a question. With my OL plan, we'd pick Yankey or Su'a-Filo in the 2nd, and end up with an OL looking like this:

LT: Long
LG: Yankey/Su'a-Filo
C: Barnes/Jones
RG: Saffold/FA if we can't sign Saffold (which would possibly switch with LG)
RT: Barksdale

If we got Robinson or Matthews, would you guys want Yankey or Su'a-Filo as well?

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Doesn't discount that you feel like we don't a no.1 WR like Evans because we already have Quick on the roster. How come you don't feel the same way about Watkins even though we already have Bailey/Givens/Austin on the team?

Well isn't the problem here that none of our young receivers (excepting Studman Bailey who had a good rookie year I think) have looked like they are even close to breaking out or even becoming good pros in this league? Quick - anonymous. Givens - anonymous. Austin - had a tough start to his rookie year. The question for Snead and Fisher is;
a) is Sammy Watkins better NOW than Givens or Quick - will he start ahead of them on the depth chart and;
b) Will he eventually be better than them - does he have a higher ceiling.

Obviously I'm keen to give Givens and Quick more time to progress. In particular I think Quick could be a good player if he starts learning a bit faster. But we don't know. The consensus is that Watkins is the no1 receiver in this draft, and is the one guy who has a chance at being a real good player (I hate saying potential "elite" for unproven guys) - and he wont be available at 13.

jjab360

Legend
I didn't say anything about Evans. Maybe other people have, but I can't answer for them.

The only WR I'm hearing "special" and "#1" talk about is Watkins. If it's true, then that's why I want him.
My bad. mixed you up with mr.stlouis.

Also, not saying it's you, but some people need to expand their horizons a little. Sammy Watkins is not the only WR in this draft, Evans is a physical monster, there's not a CB in the NFL that can bully him around.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
My bad. mixed you up with mr.stlouis.

Also, not saying it's you, but some people need to expand their horizons a little. Sammy Watkins is not the only WR in this draft, Evans is a physical monster, there's not a CB in the NFL that can bully him around.
If I start hearing the "Special" and "#1" talk about Evans, I might.

And that would be a good thing. It would increase the chance of making both the #1 WR and future LT camps happy by picking both up in the 1st.

jjab360

Legend

And that would be a good thing. It would increase the chance of making both the #1 WR and future LT camps happy by picking both up in the 1st.
You don't need to hear it, just watch the guy play and you'll see it.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Here's a question. With my OL plan, we'd pick Yankey or Su'a-Filo in the 2nd, and end up with an OL looking like this:

If we got Robinson or Matthews, would you guys want Yankey or Su'a-Filo as well?

Of course, there's a good chance that neither Yankey or Su'a-Filo make it to the the #44 selection in the draft.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

Yes, I would.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
For those who compare him to Givens, givens ran a very similiar 40 time, similiar height, both drop some balls, and Givens actually had 19 reps in the bench press.

Hate to say it but I'm starting to wonder...

I was certain Givens was gonna have a awesome year last year, I may be willing to give him a shot and draft one of those T's. They flashing a bit more than Sammy right now.

We still got Quick, too.

With a top running game and another RB like Tre Mason , I like him in the 4th round, Quick and Givens could dominate. It's still early...

Can't forget Bailey, either. Him and Quick starting as our WO's sounds solid.

I am starting to wonder as well. How good is Watkins route's? does he round them off or anything? idk, I am starting to cool off on him, and its not because of the combine. He is still a great prospect and would help our wr corp and have no problem if they take him. And now that I have a man crush on Amari Cooper certainly doesnt help lol. His route running is just awe inspiring for someone so young.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I am starting to wonder as well. How good is Watkins route's? does he round them off or anything? idk, I am starting to cool off on him, and its not because of the combine. He is still a great prospect and would help our wr corp and have no problem if they take him. And now that I have a man crush on Amari Cooper certainly doesnt help lol. His route running is just awe inspiring for someone so young.

IDK about the routes, man, but the drop he had without even going full speed was a little concerning. Robinson impressed me in the way I wanted Watkins to. The guy is big and he can move. Evans is in the same boat and we could land both... 8o

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
He's not worth a top 5, IMO. Too many other really good receivers in this draft.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
He's not worth a top 5, IMO. Too many other really good receivers in this draft.

I don't wanna say his stock fell today, but it didn't rise. The top OT's are the big winners so far. Evans helped his cause.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
IDK about the routes, man, but the drop he had without even going full speed was a little concerning. Robinson impressed me in the way I wanted Watkins to. The guy is big and he can move. Evans is in the same boat and we could land both... 8o

Watkins seemed like he was bored all day. Maybe I'm wrong in what I saw, but thats how he looked IMO. I agree it would have been nice if he impressed like Robinson. Robinson is already a top 10 pick, just like Matthews, and both put on a great showing, and Robinson blew up the stat sheet at the combine like no other. Watkins.....not so much. I was impressed my Evans for the most part, just not when it came to the wr drills, which is most important at the combine for me.

Right now I dont think we grab Watkins or Evans, or any WR in the 1st. Watkins tape is good for the most part, but it leaves me desiring to see more out of him somehow, idk how to explain it really. This is a very very very deep wr class, and I think Snead will grab a WR at some point, but probably not in the 1st.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron

He certainly didn't prove he was a top 5 today no doubt. Agreed there is a lot of really good wr's in this draft class. there is going to be a huge run on them in the 2nd and 3rd.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Watkins seemed like he was bored all day. Maybe I'm wrong in what I saw, but thats how he looked IMO. I agree it would have been nice if he impressed like Robinson. Robinson is already a top 10 pick, just like Matthews, and both put on a great showing, and Robinson blew up the stat sheet at the combine like no other. Watkins.....not so much. I was impressed my Evans for the most part, just not when it came to the wr drills, which is most important at the combine for me.

Right now I dont think we grab Watkins or Evans, or any WR in the 1st. Watkins tape is good for the most part, but it leaves me desiring to see more out of him somehow, idk how to explain it really. This is a very very very deep wr class, and I think Snead will grab a WR at some point, but probably not in the 1st.

Agree completely

Especially on how deep the WR's are... wow

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Yea, I didn't feel like Watkins increased the gap between he and the competition. I hope we move down a little and grab Matthews I Feel he is the closest thing to a surefire NFL starter and can Help right away.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

Haven't you seen Jrry32's evaluations on WR? Have you heard Mayock and the crew talking today? there are plenty of guys saying Evans is going to be good what is special about any of these guys? Not a one has even been to practice let a lone play in and NFL game. They all have potential and that is it, they are all special.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Watkins seemed like he was bored all day.

Bored? Or the light didn't come on? I don't know. But if you are bored when you have the chance to put yourself in elite company then what does that say about your level of interest after you get paid? If the light didn't come on right away? Well we already have one of those and his physical traits are far superior for the needs of this team. We don't need a decent 6'1" receiver.

duckhunter

Starter
Bored? Or the light didn't come on? I don't know. But if you are bored when you have the chance to put yourself in elite company then what does that say about your level of interest after you get paid? If the light didn't come on right away? Well we already have one of those and his physical traits are far superior for the needs of this team. We don't need a decent 6'1" receiver.

That's wicked. :cool: