Watkins 40 Time

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
I know - but the same has been done on all the OL threads. It wasn't like he pulled a ZN and wrote a couple paragraphs on it. Anyway, I was just jabbing you a bit.

Haha yeah, it's all good. Didn't mean to come off as an asshole.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Or IS he? :p

My concern is that he seemed to be a little distracted. He talks about what he wants to do but I'm just not sure he's done it. If we are taking a receiver with our first pick and that pick is in the top five, I'm wanting a freak. I'm not feeling freaky.

For those who compare him to Givens, givens ran a very similiar 40 time, similiar height, both drop some balls, and Givens actually had 19 reps in the bench press.

Hate to say it but I'm starting to wonder...

I was certain Givens was gonna have a awesome year last year, I may be willing to give him a shot and draft one of those T's. They flashing a bit more than Sammy right now.

We still got Quick, too.

With a top running game and another RB like Tre Mason , I like him in the 4th round, Quick and Givens could dominate. It's still early...

Can't forget Bailey, either. Him and Quick starting as our WO's sounds solid.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Honestly haven't watched him much. Anyone think he'll fall to 13?

Yeah he'll be there, I say. He's like a bigger, taller, Austin Pettis. IN don't see why we'd draft him being we have Brian Quick.

Last edited:

Memphis Ram

Legend
Yeah he'll be there, I say. He's like a bigger, taller, Austin Pettis. IN don't see why we'd draft him being we have Brian Quick.

Austin Pettis? Well they play the same position.

Pettis is quicker slot guy, but Evans is an outside guy with better play speed, hops, and more physically to go along with his size advantage, IMO.

jjab360

Legend
For those who compare him to Givens, givens ran a very similiar 40 time, similiar height, both drop some balls, and Givens actually had 19 reps in the bench press.

Hate to say it but I'm starting to wonder...

I was certain Givens was gonna have a awesome year last year, I may be willing to give him a shot and draft one of those T's. They flashing a bit more than Sammy right now.

We still got Quick, too.

With a top running game and another RB like Tre Mason , I like him in the 4th round, Quick and Givens could dominate. It's still early...

Can't forget Bailey, either. Him and Quick starting as our WO's sounds solid.
I will say that Watkins seems to be a lot stronger on the field than Givens and has better ball skills, route running, and position awareness.

But yeah, we have some young guys on the roster right now that people seem to be forgetting about when talking about how we need a WR so bad. Except for Quick, I have no faith in Quick's instincts for the position. Mike Evans is what Quick was supposed to be and then some.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Austin Pettis? Well they play the same position.

Pettis is quicker slot guy, but Evans is an outside guy with better play speed, hops, and more physically to go along with his size advantage, IMO.

Man... it's a tough one, isn't it?

What say you on the Quick part? We don't need both, IMO.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I will say that Watkins seems to be a lot stronger on the field than Givens and has better ball skills, route running, and position awareness.

But yeah, we have some young guys on the roster right now that people seem to be forgetting about when talking about how we need a WR so bad. Except for Quick, I have no faith in Quick's instincts for the position. Mike Evans is what Quick was supposed to be and then some.

I agree. Quick is a turd... lol

Strictly hypothetical, what say you if the Rams tracked down to pick 4, got Robinson, then drafted Lewan at 13. I've heard Lewan is a very solid run blocker.

jjab360

Legend
I agree. Quick is a turd... lol

Strictly hypothetical, what say you if the Rams tracked down to pick 4, got Robinson, then drafted Lewan at 13. I've heard Lewan is a very solid run blocker.
I'd say why? Even if we don't resign Saffold, Lewan, unlike Robinson, isn't a fit for OG. Where would he fit with Long, Barksdale, and Robinson already on the roster.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'd say why? Even if we don't resign Saffold, Lewan, unlike Robinson, isn't a fit for OG. Where would he fit with Long, Barksdale, and Robinson already on the roster.
Yeah just seeing where you stood.

Robinson's 4.84 at 332 was sick..

Mayock still as Matthews as #1 LT, which I agree for now. He's closing the gap. I think it means Clowney has fallen a bit from our draft board and we will most certainly trade down.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Especially when in this case, your guy will likely be there in the 2nd. Not Lewan of course but one of the top guards.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
IMO, if the Rams don't need Evans with Quick on the roster, then they don't need Watkins with Givens/Bailey/Austin on the roster.
I think the need for Watkins would only be if he can be a #1 WR. I don't see it in any of those three. And yes, one of them COULD develop into one, but you can't count on that.

If Watkins either can't be a #1, or his talent is far inferior to the OT's, I'd go with the OT then (part some of your side's arguments making sense, and part I'm not sure who else would be worth the pick given that a QB isn't happening and Clowney or an OLB seems unlikely)

jjab360

Legend
I think the need for Watkins would only be if he can be a #1 WR. I don't see it in any of those three. And yes, one of them COULD develop into one, but you can't count on that.

If Watkins either can't be a #1, or his talent is far inferior to the OT's, I'd go with the OT then (part some of your side's arguments making sense, and part I'm not sure who else would be worth the pick given that a QB isn't happening and Clowney or an OLB seems unlikely)
Doesn't discount that you feel like we don't a no.1 WR like Evans because we already have Quick on the roster. How come you don't feel the same way about Watkins even though we already have Bailey/Givens/Austin on the team?

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
So much for Lee being a body catcher, He caught the ball as well as anyone including the chosen one

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Doesn't discount that you feel like we don't a no.1 WR like Evans because we already have Quick on the roster. How come you don't feel the same way about Watkins even though we already have Bailey/Givens/Austin on the team?
I didn't say anything about Evans. Maybe other people have, but I can't answer for them.

The only WR I'm hearing "special" and "#1" talk about is Watkins. If it's true, then that's why I want him.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
IMO, if the Rams don't need Evans with Quick on the roster, then they don't need Watkins with Givens/Bailey/Austin on the roster.

That's a pretty close scenario...

I guess it all depends on which area Les views as weaker. He probably views our WR's as stronger overall unit than our OL.

Fisher loves freak athletes, too. Robinson is more of a freak than Sammy, by far. I just worry about him going up against a guy like Aldon Smith... I just don't know anymore lol.