Watching Tape With The Chargers’ Dwight Freeney

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
For those of you interested in the X's and O's of the game this article might interest you. Due to many slide shows the article is not posted here. Read it by clicking the link below and going to MMQB.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://mmqb.si.com/2014/09/25/san-diego-chargers-dwight-freeney-film-study/

First in a series of stories, in which The MMQB goes to school with an NFL player or coach and finds out he studies tape, what he looks at and how such study helps him navigate a complicated game.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Freeney still brings it.......and I liked this quote.
----------------
“It’s not all about the sack. It’s a very misleading stat. I’ve always said it. I could get my ass kicked and get a sack. The game is watched from a different perspective, but not really from a defensive line versus offensive line perspective. The camera is always on the QB. It’s always on the high-profile stars. The dirty work—it takes a real student of the game to sit there and watch what’s going on. Do you have to dedicate two guys to block J.J. Watt? Well, they shut J.J. Watt out today! Did they really? Well, yeah, they did—they took two guys to freakin’ block him all damn game, but you best believe he had an impact on the game. They had to condense their game plan because of the way he plays.”

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Freeney still brings it.......and I liked this quote.
----------------
“It’s not all about the sack. It’s a very misleading stat. I’ve always said it. I could get my ass kicked and get a sack. The game is watched from a different perspective, but not really from a defensive line versus offensive line perspective. The camera is always on the QB. It’s always on the high-profile stars. The dirty work—it takes a real student of the game to sit there and watch what’s going on. Do you have to dedicate two guys to block J.J. Watt? Well, they shut J.J. Watt out today! Did they really? Well, yeah, they did—they took two guys to freakin’ block him all damn game, but you best believe he had an impact on the game. They had to condense their game plan because of the way he plays.”
This make me think of Chris Long's impact on Games!!:D