Watched Searching for Sugarman last night

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
The story of the hunt for Sixto Rodriguez.

Gotta say he was good ,I don't have any of his music but probably will buy a CD soon.

Other observations, record biz is dirty corrupt bunch, the guys searching for him didn't know there was a Dearborn MI? Wha?
Guy still lives in the old house , a TRUE artist.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
That's a great movie. The guy from the record company seemed off to me, really defensive about all the money that was made from the sales in S. Africa. Made out he had no idea where it was. Gotta think it's sat in his bank account...

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
jsimcox said:
That's a great movie. The guy from the record company seemed off to me, really defensive about all the money that was made from the sales in S. Africa. Made out he had no idea where it was. Gotta think it's sat in his bank account...

Ya think ?

Guy was a crook and FWIW he was not atypical , in the end many of the people who make it in that business do so BECAUSE their representation bribes radio stations to play their stuff.

I'd say there are many people who signed with the wrong guy,sadly the statute of limitations has run on that slimeballs crimes.