Watch this and tell me you don't think the D is going to Beast 2014

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Why, BS is awful strong. I don't think it's unheard of to cut a 7th rounder. And again, his skill set was at Mizzou. He's smallish and not really fast. I'm unsure how much developmental potential there is. I'll be happy to be wrong, I don't have anything invested in Sam at all. I think his odds are long.

jap

Legend
It will be very interesting to see, after Quinn gets the 27 Sacks he's shooting for, and Bradford Takes us to the Play-Offs who gets the Biggest New Contract!!:D

If The Mighty One gets 27 sacks, they may have to rename the Deacon Jones award after him. Deacon had 26 in 14 games, which translates to 29.714285 in 16 games!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He could pressure the passer at Mizzou. But there are 4 quality players, 3 of them real quality ahead of him. Are there enough snaps to satisfy all of our D-line? There's not a one that isn't expected to be good. I don't see the value of keeping him, barring of course a great preseason and some wonderful STs play. Who goes to keep a 5th DE, a real dropoff from the other 4?

I'm not saying he breaks into the rotation but that he can see some snaps in certain situations.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig

...I'm just gonna leave this here :D

You're not going to get invited to many parties carrying around all those wet blankets. ;)

Re: Gilyard, I was really pulling for this kid after all he went through at CINN. Too bad he could't put it all together. He obviously has some physical talents.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
You're not going to get invited to many parties carrying around all those wet blankets. ;)

Re: Gilyard, I was really pulling for this kid after all he went through at CINN. Too bad he could't put it all together. He obviously has some physical talents.

Me too, I was hoping he had a solid career. I wasn't expecting to see him flame out like he did at all.

RAM's-NWST

UDFA
Why people keep questioning Chris Long is beyond me. Wonder if being called "high motor" for the draft leads people to think he's not an athlete.

In the videos it appeared that Chris Long's angle to the quarterback has him much farther up field than Robert Quinn even on the same type of speed move. Any take on that and if it translates to quarterback pressures but perhaps not as many sack opportunities?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Me too, I was hoping he had a solid career. I wasn't expecting to see him flame out like he did at all.
Gilyard grew up in the place I've lived in for years. I knew him from watching the local high school games, Gilyard went to FPC about 20 minutes from where I live. He was talented for sure, we all knew he was going to succeed in college. I think the rumor back then was that he wasn't very bright at all and he had some issues, but we believed in him. Me and this whole area were super excited when he got drafted, and me even more so as a Rams fan, but we were so disappointed when he bombed, again, me even more so. A real shame.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
In the videos it appeared that Chris Long's angle to the quarterback has him much farther up field than Robert Quinn even on the same type of speed move. Any take on that and if it translates to quarterback pressures but perhaps not as many sack opportunities?
I think Quinn is a one of a kind talent whose inside moves are fantastic. It's easy to look slower next to him. Put him on another team and he's getting double teams. IMO

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Well, this made me smile, but also pray that our secondary steps up this year.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
It will be very interesting to see, after Quinn gets the 27 Sacks he's shooting for, and Bradford Takes us to the Play-Offs who gets the Biggest New Contract!!:D
Deacon had 26 one year....Coy Bacon, ya old timers, he was reputed to have had 26 one year (I believe).
That is where Quinn gets his number....with holding calls really called, he would get that number...but, he won't