Watch the US Open Coverage

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
If you get a chance to watch the US Open Tennis Tourn. watch for shots of the "Presidents Box" as in President of the USTA , a few nights ago my sis called me and told me to be sure to pack a coat and tie ,we are sitting in the Presidents Box one of Wed. Thur or Fri nights and there is a dress code, I will Tapatalk when I am, there,I am truly getting geeped for this. :bg:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Thordaddy said:
If you get a chance to watch the US Open Tennis Tourn. watch for shots of the "Presidents Box" as in President of the USTA , a few nights ago my sis called me and told me to be sure to pack a coat and tie ,we are sitting in the Presidents Box one of Wed. Thur or Fri nights and there is a dress code, I will Tapatalk when I am, there,I am truly getting geeped for this. :bg:

Get some pics and post them......what an awesome treat that is going to be.

Don't embarrass your daughter TD.......LOLOL

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Score on the box seats Thor.

Tell Sugarpova that Haile still thinks about her. :ww:

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Selassie I said:
Score on the box seats Thor.

Tell Sugarpova that Haile still thinks about her. :ww:
If I get a chance to talk to her my friend it won't your line I'll be runnin',now if y7ou REALLY know here and sh'ed know what I wuz talkin' about .id be a good ice breaker, thenI could let my natural charm take over :tooth:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Hahaha... Unfortunately, I don't really know Ms Sugarpova. I hope you are able to become acquainted with her sugar while you're there though.

I used to be able to say that I had "spent some time" with a girl still on the tour. She's retired now though. My sis used to be Nick Bollettieri's asst... she introduced me to Mary Pierce at the tennis academy back in the day. I used to hit with her :cheese: ... no shit.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
U r the worlds most interested man lol

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Thordaddy said:

This is soooo true TD. If it wasn't for football, my sole interests in watching sports would have to be women's tennis and beach volleyball. Saying that I'm interested is an understatement. :tooth:

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Selassie I said:
Thordaddy said:

This is soooo true TD. If it wasn't for football, my sole interests in watching sports would have to be women's tennis and beach volleyball. Saying that I'm interested is an understatement. :tooth:

Well you are a good one for me to have passed the baton to ,I only think about it every 25 seconds now, down from 15.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I hope you'll be supporting the defending champion!

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
ScotsRam said:
I hope you'll be supporting the defending champion!
Ardunno ,Murray dispatched Djokovic pretty well at Wimbledon,I think the tables get turned back around this go round, I don't think Djoko will have the same shoe problems here as he did there.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
OK here late though it may be is my initial report on the US Open.

First I must explain ,tapatalk failed me it was wholly unreliable and whenever I had time to send reports it would never let me on .

No pics today just a stream of consciousness.

First night we sat in the President's box as promised they wined us and dined us open bar with call drinks but much to my chagrin they had no Kahlua , I was devastated , I have come to love those things( Caucasions) they go down smooth and I rarely get a hangover so it was Merlot and Bloody Maries , I was in my own estimation second level "charming" I know this because the head usher came up to me and shook my hand and smiled and asked how I was doing two evenings later at the L Armstrong stadium.
The trophy wives were in abundance , we sat next to a particularly tight bodied one from England who'd seen Murray win Wimbledon and was here with here Belgian husband JUST to cheer for Murray, who played that night late due to rain delays and a typical Del Potro tie breaker, that guy is as talented as anyone but he struggles against lesser players he could put away if he was just a little more consistent.

As I previously related the eye candy was just amazing , the "Worlds Most Interested Man " would have been in heaven.

Scots old buddy I saw your boy play twice and my evaluation is he needs a kick in the pants, he has this maddening habit of coasting when he knows he's going to win and the second time I watched I was within 30 feet of him when he looked down and grimaced at one of his legs,he lost that set and FWIW he needs to get in gear and put people away cuz if he gets hurt he's in worse shape than the Rams if Bradford does.

I also saw Federer play as well as Nadal, who is my new favorite, his rituals are worth watching even if you hate tennis.
Before every point serving or rec. he picks his underwear out of his butt, pulls it back forward on his crotch, goes nose ear nose other ear nose shoulder, shoulder ( I think) .
He has a towel wiping ritual down to how he wants the towel boys to hand them to him, he will NOT step on a line walking off the court to change ends and won't cross to the other side until his opponent has come over , his water bottles must be in front of the left front leg of his chair and he drinks from each until they have equal amounts and then carefully places them in the precise place he wants them. He is a trip and my new favorite player.
We walked in his match Thursday night in progress and I didn't know who was who yet but I saw that Nadal was a special athlete as well as tennis player, he's amazing and IMO the best there is followed by Djokovic and then Murray, who could change that order if he had a real killer instinct and quit giving quarter.

We had photo IDs that allowed us to go in special gates the whole time ,concession stands my sis had an allowance I only paid for beer the days we were not in the "box" it was the ONLY place we had to wait in line.

On the whole it was an experience like top 1% ers get even though we are just commoners.

The tie requirement was lifted so I wore a mock turtle with a jacket and will upload a pic of me and sis later in the box.

I saw little Sloan Stevens play a double match she lost she is Serena Williams next victim , girl has some good and powerful ground strokes , but her serve is slower than the returns she'll be getting from Serena,once Serena adapts to the slower pace only mercy will make that match go anything but 6-0 6-0 6-0 .

Time for me to think about football a while ,more to come.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Interesting report Thor! Look forward to the photos!!

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Me and Sis

Attachments

• US Open 005.jpg
    US Open 005.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 194

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Not at Open but my grandson with Gerald Rivers gloves

Attachments

• US Open 001.jpg
    US Open 001.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 202

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Dining room for Pres box

Attachments

• US Open 002.jpg
    US Open 002.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 197

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Nice pics, dude! Once in a lifetime experience, I'll bet.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Louis Armstrong stadiumfrom on top of Arthur Ashe stadium

Attachments

• US Open 025.jpg
    US Open 025.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 188