Watch Football Gameplan’s 2016 NFL Draft Grades: Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Football Gameplan’s 2016 NFL Draft Grades: Los Angeles Rams. Emory Hunt breaks down the Rams draft as well as UDFA signings and gives them an “A” grade.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm not sure we hit on all these players, but with that review you'd think they all make the team! :LOL:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I can't lie....most talented udfa pickups I've ever seen in some time....This was like the old 17 round drafts....Nick Grigsby is a beast....Herring from Vandy...and Chubb from Wake Forrest look like monsters.....I guess they really wanna replace Darren Bates. Those udfa wr's....North, McRoberts, DUKE!!! Williams..man! I was watching Spruce the other day...he was getting manhandled in the UCLA game...but the guy has guts...and like ALL of our udfa receivers, dude can catch the rock...

I usually like a few out of the way players...like I really liked DHB last year...Hundley...but the snisher never gets them...I'll say...I think Duke is the FIRST wr the Rams have grabbed that I hoped they'd at least look at...Mike Thomas too....

Funny thing is, I wonder do the old offensive coaches look at this and say, NOW they take some talent at ____ position...TE, WR....Wonder what that scat-back looks like? Kinda slow for his size...I'm hoping Tre Mason gets his shit together...

RamzFanz

Damnit
Wonder what that scat-back looks like? Kinda slow for his size

Green? Dude has burst speed. He's a lot like a TA, has a second gear but not fast over longer distances. Slippery.

I'm looking forward to seeing him in preseason if he sticks.

I've lost hope on Mason. Dude seems to be a headcase. I met him once and that was my immediate perception. Debbie Downer, barely acknowledged the other offensive players walking past, primadona like.

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Green? Dude has burst speed. He's a lot like a TA, has a second gear but not fast over longer distances. Slippery............I'm looking forward to seeing him in preseason if he sticks.

I've lost hope on Mason.
Never had much faith in small rbs with or without speed that never shows the ability to break tackles...old thing I kept in me after watching Gaston Green, then later Edgerin James....Breaking into wide open space, and making guys miss in college...meh
Tre...strange you would say that...when I went out to Oxnard last year, my daughter only wanted Tre's signature...she never got close to him as the crowd was huge....He's shown the ability to run the ball, maybe he can be a nice change of pace...if not...meh... LOL

RamzFanz

Damnit
Never had much faith in small rbs with or without speed that never shows the ability to break tackles...old thing I kept in me after watching Gaston Green, then later Edgerrin James....Breaking into wide open space, and making guys miss in college...meh
Tre...strange you would say that...when I went out to Oxnard last year, my daughter only wanted Tre's signature...she never got close to him as the crowd was huge....He's shown the ability to run the ball, maybe he can be a nice change of pace...if not...meh... LOL

Two words, Barry Sanders. He was my RB in FF early on and I watched him intently. Dude just could not break a tackle like most RBs. Shorter and lighter than Green too. I told my buddy Joe, he's a great back, the numbers are there, but if a defense touches him at all, he's down. I think that's probably who TA studied. They surrender the big hit but ONLY if you can get a line on them, and that's hard, and TA is better than BS at making hay while not taking the hit. Green isn't at either of those levels, but he's flirting with the style. Raw elusiveness with burst. TA will be a great teacher for him.

A scatback is going to be change of pace on this team, but damn, E. James was good. Dude produced many many a season with huge numbers. Mad combined yardage and even just RB yardage. It's not how you get it done, get it done, IMO.

I would take EJ over S Jackson in a heartbeat. You?

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Two words, Barry Sanders. He was my RB in FF early on and I watched him intently. Dude just could not break a tackle like most RBs. Shorter and lighter than Green too.
emmmm, sorry....you know Barry started as a kick returner....?? and he seemed to run through arm tackles better than most....his first year starting after Thurman Thomas left Ok. st. was truly special....Barry could break tackles....Barry was the GOAT.....

RamzFanz

Damnit
emmmm, sorry....you know Barry started as a kick returner....?? and he seemed to run through arm tackles better than most....his first year starting after Thurman Thomas left Ok. st. was truly special....Barry could break tackles....Barry was the GOAT.....

Yes, run through, not break. By breaking them, I'm talking about breaking a solid grip using force. Just wasn't his thing. At least by the time I was watching him regularly.

He could wiggle out of attempted tackles, make people miss, spin out of them, step out of them, but he rarely broke them.

If you watch a highlight reel, you see greatness, but almost never breaking a tackle. It's not coincidence these are his highlights.

This is a good one because it shows how he made his great runs and, at about 4 minutes in, a few of how he didn't break tackles well.

Link

Watching Barry was 75% boring short runs with a quick tackle and 25% as good as an elusive RB gets. Guesstimating here.

Last edited:

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Green has a bit of Shady McCoy in him. Not sure if he has enough of it in him to make the team, but Mason is flirting with unemployment, so who knows?