Was wondering about Boras.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Can anyone tell me what McGinnis did for this team?
Cash large checks....

The job with the Bills is now his 4th hire as a TE's coach. He must be doing something right.
Allegedly. LOL
Seriously, looking at some of his stats....he does SEEM impressive. Appears that most of our TE's were decent blockers...or rather what they were primarily known for...and he broke all the previous TE records show we didn't even use them...I'd figured Kurt had a bunch of TE stats...guess not. In this new NFL, we need more from this position....and personally, I'm looking at Higbee & Hemingway....

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I wasn't very impressed with Boras' play calling.

Bland, predictable and no imagination. Same old 8-yard pattern on 3rd and 9.

I think he was a good tight end Coach but way over his head as an OC.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think he was a good tight end Coach but way over his head as an OC.

And one thing I will never understand about Jeff Fisher. It's not Rocket Science for to be an effective leader you surround yourself with people who cover your weaknesses and reinforce your strength. Fisher was not an offensive minded coach and should have surrounded himself with high profile offensive guys with experience calling plays at the NFL level.

Fisher knew enough to fire Tim Walton and mend some fences to bring back Gregg Williams and Fisher had to swallow some pride to do so because he had fired Williams son Blake. For some odd reason Fisher made one bad decision after another when hit came to hiring and OC. First he hired Brian Schottenheimer over Hue Jackson which even if he had promised the job to Schottenheimer should have pulled a the offer just like firing Walton.

Then when Schotty moved on, instead of hiring someone of NFL ilk who had been a coordinator before, he goes with Frank Cignetti and then fires Cignetti only to hire an even less experience Rob Boras. I will never understand why a reporter did not ask Fisher why he did not hire high profile offensive coaches like he hired high profile defensive coaches.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
On vacation - no?

borat1.jpg

Ohh hang on... BoraS!
61132670.jpg

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
to be an effective leader you surround yourself with people who cover your weaknesses and reinforce your strength.

Fisher was not an offensive minded coach and should have surrounded himself with high profile offensive guys with experience calling plays at the NFL level.
It goes even deeper than that, den

Think about the offensive miscues after offensive miscues;
He comes to a team that's trying to get a franchise quarterback up and going.

He tries to put together a BS O line out of a bunch of has-beens and never were bums.

Brings in an injured Center in Wells.

Takes an admitted PROJECT in Quick instead of a Alshon Jeffrey or a Cordy Glenn who are much higher rated players that had fallen into the 2nd.

Then he brings in an injured Jake Long.

He drafts a one year wonder LT when two much more consistent PROVEN players are sitting right there in Matthews and Lewan.

Then in desperation he tries to draft an O line all in one season.

Good grief what a mess.

What an incredibly bad decision making process was going on here.

It actually boggles my mind.

Goodbye to bad rubbish.

And if Snead and his Scouts don't start showing some solid results they should be gone to.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
And I almost forgot his ignorant knee-jerk reaction to switch to a different offense that would not be able to get off the ground without over drafting Tavon Austin and giving up a bunch of picks for him.

Stupid
Desperation
Knee jerk, short-term plans.
Making the plan to switch to that offense and then you just give up on it just as quick.

Fisher needs to apologize doll Rams Fans for being incompetent.