Was this Sam's best performance yet?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Iron Lion said:
I agree.

Firstly we should just completely vacate the 5000 yards and 41 TDs because he has the best WR in the league.

Also the 27-3 comeback @ DAL last year should be vacated because the defense helped out. The other comebacks he has of 21, 20, 17, and 13 points do not count because he should not have been losing to begin with.

The blowout wins of 45 points, 35 points, and 28 points last year do not count because they came against AFC West opponents.

What we are left with, folks, is a guy who won only a handful of games and had zero passing yards or TDs.
Gets ya sensitive when people talk about your QB, yeah?

... keep that in mind.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Iron Lion said:
Lol ok, Megatron eats up double coverage. But the Lions are one of the worst running teams in the league so Stafford is throwing against DB-heavy defenses rather than 8-man boxes.

Just like how your Sam should have shredded our bad+injured secondary, our RBs should have shredded your bad+injured DTs.

Thordaddy said:
Stafford COULD be the worst QB in that division.

I agree.

Firstly we should just completely vacate the 5000 yards and 41 TDs because he has the best WR in the league.

Also the 27-3 comeback @ DAL last year should be vacated because the defense helped out. The other comebacks he has of 21, 20, 17, and 13 points do not count because he should not have been losing to begin with.

The blowout wins of 45 points, 35 points, and 28 points last year do not count because they came against AFC West opponents.

What we are left with, folks, is a guy who won only a handful of games and had zero passing yards or TDs.

Lemme tell ya a story bout that

Several years back in the declining days of the GSOT,the Cardinals came to town to play us.
Jake Plummer was their QB, they were 4-4 and the talking heads were trumpeting the awesome Jake the Snake and my buddies were eating it up and accepting that he had 4, 4th quarter comebacks that year.
Pretty remarcable huh/ except AS I pointed out, that meant they were behind in EVERY game in the 4th quarter.

Having to "come back" THAT OFTEN is a disturbing attribute,and it came very close to biting you in the ass against the youngest team in the league.
Falling behind in games isn't a good thing, gimme a QB who comes to play from the get go and doesn't have to be behind before he wakes up and concentrates.

Iron Lion

Starter
Sounds like you're happy with Bradford and I'm happy with Stafford.

So I guess we can get along after all.

lion-lamb.jpg

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Iron Lion said:

lion-lamb.jpg

Who said we couldn't ?
JMO your guy has some disturbing habits that if he doesn't rectify are causing people to game plan ints. which we did.

I remember Aeneas Williams (who Finnegan reminded me of) speaking about Favre before we smoked the Packers in a playoff game he said sump'n like this "oh he'll throw you the ball, you just have to make sure you catch it".
We picked him 4 times that game and we were ONE away from doing that to Stafford and JMO that ONE would have been ALL it would have taken and you'd be quite a lot less happy with him cuz you'd have lost to the youngest team in the league this year and probably for several years back.
As far as Sam goes he throws a few less int's than he should,plays it a little too safe but is growing into being more confident,I'll take confident over cocky and maybe I'm an old fuddy duddy, but BGUF aint somethin I want to have to tell a QB on the sideline.

Iron Lion

Starter
Thordaddy said:
Iron Lion said:

lion-lamb.jpg

Who said we couldn't ?
JMO your guy has some disturbing habits that if he doesn't rectify are causing people to game plan ints. which we did.

I remember Aeneas Williams (who Finnegan reminded me of) speaking about Favre before we smoked the Packers in a playoff game he said sump'n like this "oh he'll throw you the ball, you just have to make sure you catch it".
We picked him 4 times that game and we were ONE away from doing that to Stafford and JMO that ONE would have been ALL it would have taken and you'd be quite a lot less happy with him cuz you'd have lost to the youngest team in the league this year and probably for several years back.
As far as Sam goes he throws a few less int's than he should,plays it a little too safe but is growing into being more confident,I'll take confident over cocky and maybe I'm an old fuddy duddy, but BGUF aint somethin I want to have to tell a QB on the sideline.

Hmm I could swear Favre threw 6 INTs in that game, not 4. Maybe it was 6 total turnovers.

I don't think Stafford has an INT problem lol. He's fine. He had a bad day... not saying it is excusable, just saying what it is. What he did show however is that you can't keep him down for 60 minutes. To quote myself from my forums, "Stafford showed once again that he is unflappable. He is able to turn around a bad day and win. There is no performance he cannot salvage and there is no lead that is safe against him."

And yes I agree, it is hard to win with -3 turnovers, to win with -4 would be quite epic.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Iron Lion said:
And yes I agree, it is hard to win with -3 turnovers, to win with -4 would be quite epic.

Vick threw 4 picks versus the Browns and still won 17-16.

bluecoconuts

Legend
It helps a team overcome turnovers when they have a Calvin Johnson. Stafford frankly doesn't need to be that good to win with him. Now I'm not saying Stafford isn't a good QB, I'm saying he doesn't have to be that good. Stafford is a great QB because of Johnson though, they both compliment each other perfectly. Stafford's zip and release isn't as fast as guys like Manning, or Rodgers, or the elite QB's, the ability to rocket the ball into tight areas in the short-mid range before defenders can get there. That's a lot of why people talk about Bradford having potential to be an elite QB really. He can make all the throws, and the velocity he gets on the ball is insane. Stafford's bread and butter is his cannon arm though, he can probably throw it further than anyone else in the NFL. So having a Calvin Johnson on his team compliments him perfectly and vice versa. Stafford is a great QB, but having Johnson makes his job so much easier, if it's catching the ball or commanding attention to let other guys get open, he just makes everyone on that team better.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
bluecoconuts said:
It helps a team overcome turnovers when they have a Calvin Johnson. Stafford frankly doesn't need to be that good to win with him. Now I'm not saying Stafford isn't a good QB, I'm saying he doesn't have to be that good. Stafford is a great QB because of Johnson though, they both compliment each other perfectly. Stafford's zip and release isn't as fast as guys like Manning, or Rodgers, or the elite QB's, the ability to rocket the ball into tight areas in the short-mid range before defenders can get there. That's a lot of why people talk about Bradford having potential to be an elite QB really. He can make all the throws, and the velocity he gets on the ball is insane. Stafford's bread and butter is his cannon arm though, he can probably throw it further than anyone else in the NFL. So having a Calvin Johnson on his team compliments him perfectly and vice versa. Stafford is a great QB, but having Johnson makes his job so much easier, if it's catching the ball or commanding attention to let other guys get open, he just makes everyone on that team better.

I diasgree with this because the Lions dont have a balanced offense. That may change soon if Smith can stay healthy and who knows how Leshoure will look when he comes back. You can get away with it against average or below average teams but it can become a problem when you face good, complete teams. Its a credit to Stafford that he can carry the offense and he takes full advantage of having Calvin Johnson on the field.

Iron Lion

Starter
MontanaRamFan said:
Iron Lion said:

Vick threw 4 picks versus the Browns and still won 17-16.

Vick threw 4 INTs but the Eagles were +1 on turnovers, so I don't see your point. I'm not talking about the QB bouncing back, I'm saying the team winning despite a huge hole in the turnover margin.

Iron Lion

Starter
bluecoconuts said:

Yep totally agree, and that Montana feller wasn't much no gud neither he just had that #80 catcherbacker to throw to.

And yes I am comparing Stafford to Montana. Eventually, though, Montana will no longer be able to fit up there with Stafford.

With regards to Rodgers and Manning (I assume you mean Eli because Peyton has a noodle arm at this point) having better zip on the ball....... what?

bluecoconuts

Legend
The ability to get the ball from point A to point B in short-medium routes fast. Yes Rodgers and Manning do that faster than Stafford. So does Bradford. Which makes it harder for a corner or LB to jump the route because the ball gets there much faster.

Iron Lion

Starter
bluecoconuts said:
The ability to get the ball from point A to point B in short-medium routes fast. Yes Rodgers and Manning do that faster than Stafford. So does Bradford. Which makes it harder for a corner or LB to jump the route because the ball gets there much faster.

I think you should watch that pass to Nate Burleson again, from the DET 40 to the STL 40 on the final drive. Less than 5 QBs in the league can make that throw.