Warren Sapp bitten by shark during fishing trip

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Here's something else to ask him about...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...rren-sapp-bitten-by-shark-during-fishing-trip

Warren Sapp bitten by shark during fishing trip
  • By Dan Hanzus
  • Around the NFL Writer
Warren Sapp made history on Wednesday, becoming the first Hall of Famer to survive a shark attack.

The former Bucs and Raiders star (and NFL Network commentator) was bit on the arm during a lobster fishing expedition off the Florida Keys, according to the Tampa Bay Times.

"It's simple," charter captain Jack Carlson wrote via text message. "He was lobstering with me and a shark bit Sapp while he was grabbing the lobster. He's OK."

You want to see the bite? You sure? It's kind of gross but not terrible. (Click link above to see pics)

Carlson said Sapp and Co. were fishing about seven miles off the coast in nine feet of water. Sapp reached for the same lobster ticketed as lunch by what one witness believed to be a four-foot-longnurse shark.

"The sharks hang around those lobster holes, because they feed on the lobster as well," Carlson said.

What did Sapp have to say about his misadventure? Not much. When reached by the Times via phone, he spoke briefly before abruptly hanging up.

UPDATE: Despite the shark encounter, Sapp still deemed his day a success.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No wonder we're still waiting for answers to our football questions.:sadwalk:

Warren has other fish to fry. :sneaky:

200.gif

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm gonna get the 411 on this.

Nurse sharks love lobster. I've had them try and steal my bag of bugs away from me many times. They aren't man eaters... but they still have a bunch of weird shaped sharp teach. I've had to win a tug of war with more than 1 when I'm carrying a bag full of lobsters.

It's mini season for a couple days right now. I'll be down there on Aug 6th for the opening of the regular season.

I know Capt Jack. I'll let you guys know what I can find out. I'm sure Warren is more pissed than injured.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Looks like Warren found out the swim move doesn't work on sharks.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Talked to Capt Jack just a minute ago. It was a pretty good gash on Warren's elbow. He's gonna live !!!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LOL he was just on the Rich Eisen show talking about this. He was lobstering and put his hand in a hole and felt something soft. Shocked he pulled his hand out and looked in the hole and saw the shark. He said he grabbed it with his right hand and reached his left back for the dorsal fin. He was pulling and pushing the shark out it was going away from him then circled back and took a bite at him. He said it was "through the white meat and down close to bone". The shark swam away, he went up to the boat wrapped the cut up with tape and went back down for his 6 lobsters!

Omg listening to him describe this I was just dying laughing in the car. I'm sure it'll be on Eisens website later.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Selassie I takes Warren Sapp deep sea fishing

Warren Sapp attacked by a shark

giphy.gif

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Talked to Capt Jack just a minute ago. It was a pretty good gash on Warren's elbow. He's gonna live !!!
7/28/16 ROD News Service

:flanders: An NFL Alumni Players Advocacy Attorney is investigating a suspicious report that weeks ago Sapp was set-up for this attack. Sapp has been cryptic in his cooperation, but apparently these were the circumstances:

Mr. Sapp was invited, and subsequently obliged on a fishing excursion in the waters off of Florida, earlier this summer.

On said trip, Mr. Sapp said, "It all seemed to be going ok, then one of them, the Old One, (Sapp refused to use his name for fear of reprisal, but used the code name "@Selassie I" ...strange,) started getting squirrelly on me." Sapp then proceeded to tell stories of piracy, harassment and general mayhem.

"He gave me a 'parting gift', really the only the thing that made the trip worth while. I mean, this Selassie guy, and the kid, kept trying to get me to answer a bunch of questions from their nerdy internet friends....I ...I...said yes. Just to get them off my back!" he told investigators.

The parting gift? "This really awesome cologne Selassie gave me!," Sapp said, "I've been wearing it ever since. Smells great. It's called CHUM."

Investigators turned and looked at each other. "Chum?" One them looked at the label, and rushed it to the Dade County Forensics Lab. It turns out, the "Chum" contains: Pigs blood, Squid Ink, general Tuna carcass-essence. Oh, and Drakkar Noir.

amberjack-lobster.jpg

A "Chum grinder" recently confiscated on a Florida Pier, hot on the trail of Selassie's Cologne Scheme.

You see, it seems that this "Selassie" character tried to perfume over his elaborate scheme to cause Mr. Sapp to be ripe for a future shark attack. "That rat bastard! I'll kill him!!" Mr. Sapp threatened, the moment he found out he was set up, "and I ain't answering none of their stupid Ram questions neither!"

View attachment 15155

Sapp, moments after finding out about the scheme to make him shark bait.

Stay tuned for more details. Investigators are hot on the trail of this slippery character Selassie. He is considered mildly dangerous. Investigators have advice for locals until he and his offspring are apprehended. Apparently one of the sons is not under suspicion. "He was NOT on this trip. We believe he is actually trying to make something of his life."

"Do not go out on chartered fishing trips unless it is someone you know. Or a guy like Capatain Jack. And for crying out loud, buy your mens cologne from a reputable source. Like Macy's or something."

The ROD news team will update this story as details roll in.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
7/28/16 ROD News Service

:flanders: An NFL Alumni Players Advocacy Attorney is investigating a suspicious report that weeks ago Sapp was set-up for this attack. Sapp has been cryptic in his cooperation, but apparently these were the circumstances:

Mr. Sapp was invited, and subsequently obliged on a fishing excursion in the waters off of Florida, earlier this summer.

On said trip, Mr. Sapp said, "It all seemed to be going ok, then one of them, the Old One, (Sapp refused to use his name for fear of reprisal, but used the code name "@Selassie I" ...strange,) started getting squirrelly on me." Sapp then proceeded to tell stories of piracy, harassment and general mayhem.

"He gave me a 'parting gift', really the only the thing that made the trip worth while. I mean, this Selassie guy, and the kid, kept trying to get me to answer a bunch of questions from their nerdy internet friends....I ...I...said yes. Just to get them off my back!" he told investigators.

The parting gift? "This really awesome cologne Selassie gave me!," Sapp said, "I've been wearing it ever since. Smells great. It's called CHUM."

Investigators turned and looked at each other. "Chum?" One them looked at the label, and rushed it to the Dade County Forensics Lab. It turns out, the "Chum" contains: Pigs blood, Squid Ink, general Tuna carcass-essence. Oh, and Drakkar Noir.

View attachment 15154
A "Chum grinder" recently confiscated on a Florida Pier, hot on the trail of Selassie's Cologne Scheme.

You see, it seems that this "Selassie" character tried to perfume over his elaborate scheme to cause Mr. Sapp to be ripe for a future shark attack. "That rat bastard! I'll kill him!!" Mr. Sapp threatened, the moment he found out he was set up, "and I ain't answering none of their stupid Ram questions neither!"

View attachment 15155

Sapp, moments after finding out about the scheme to make him shark bait.

Stay tuned for more details. Investigators are hot on the trail of this slippery character Selassie. He is considered mildly dangerous. Investigators have advice for locals until he and his offspring are apprehended. Apparently one of the sons is not under suspicion. "He was NOT on this trip. We believe he is actually trying to make something of his life."

"Do not go out on chartered fishing trips unless it is someone you know. Or a guy like Capatain Jack. And for crying out loud, buy your mens cologne from a reputable source. Like Macy's or something."

The ROD news team will update this story as details roll in.

You ain't right Roman. LOL

But for the record.... they'll never catch us all.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I did get a text from Warren a few minutes ago. I text him earlier asking for a damage report. Here is his response...

"I'm good. Just the tip is what she said."