Warner snubbed! anyone?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Warner was snubbed. How many passing records, statistics, unmatched playoff and SB performances does it take. taking dismal franchises and taking them to 3 SBs with a win losing the other 2 by one play each (cheated out of one). not to mentioned unmatched off the field charity and volunteer work (which im sorry but I thought was supposed to be a variable in the voting). besides the Cinderella story that we all know well that will probably NEVER happen again. that right there is the definition of first round ballot in my opinion bring homer or not those are the facts and are incredible. what else do these assholes want?? who the fuck are these 50 Associated Press ppl that vote on this shit know about football? who made that rule up? it should be other HOF players and coaches or someone at least involved in football!! stupid...

and thank God for Donald or I would be even more furious

tempests

Hall of Fame
Warner was snubbed. How many passing records, statistics, unmatched playoff and SB performances does it take. taking dismal franchises and taking them to 3 SBs with a win losing the other 2 by one play each (cheated out of one). not to mentioned unmatched off the field charity and volunteer work (which im sorry but I thought was supposed to be a variable in the voting). besides the Cinderella story that we all know well that will probably NEVER happen again. that right there is the definition of first round ballot in my opinion bring homer or not those are the facts and are incredible. what else do these assholes want?? who the freak are these 50 Associated Press ppl that vote on this crap know about football? who made that rule up? it should be other HOF players and coaches or someone at least involved in football!! stupid...

and thank God for Donald or I would be even more furious

He wasn't really snubbed. It's just there were 15 guys with really compelling arguments and only 5 spots.

I'm thinking that when push came to shove, that donut hole in the middle of his career hurt him.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
He wasn't really snubbed. It's just there were 15 guys with really compelling arguments and only 5 spots.

I'm thinking that when push came to shove, that donut hole in the middle of his career hurt him.

I don't think he was snubbed. I don't think many predicted him to be first ballot. Pace was snubbed though...

A55VA6

Legend
I didn't expect him to make it in this year, so I'm not too surprised. Pace, on the other hand..

Alan

Legend
They will both make eventually so I'm not sure why all the angst about them not making it on their first ballot.

Pace was surprising but not really Warner. He was never a sure thing first ballot, I think he'll get in for sure eventually but just like his entire career noting was handed to him the first time around lol kinda fitting for him in a way.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Warner and Pace > Bettis

I think they were both snubbed. I think Pace is more HOF worthy than Shields also.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tony Dungy almost makes the cut over Don Coryell. Really Tony Dungy? Maybe it is all fixed.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH

Would truly love to discuss the SO CALLED Donut whole that other haters have created as the facts don't match up.

Playing with Martz as head coach and not an OC got many a QB shell shocked and absolutely killed with always 5 players in a pass route and even lucky if Martz let you even get a back to chip block on his way into a pass route. Martz knew nothing about drafting or restocking the shelves as the names mentioned would make you vomit if I put the very long list of GARBAGE that Martz brought to the GSOT and very quickly killed the golden goose.

Warner on just being able to take a hit that would knock others out would always seem to shake it off and pull off another third and long for a 1st down. You always had hope with Kurt on third and whatever. Simply put Martz NEVER believed in giving his QB's protection if his front 5 could'nt get the job done. We had years of heartache trying to fill the offensive right tackle spot and we also lost Gruttadaria our SB winning center to the Cardinals in Free Agency as we also let London Fletcher walk for chump change. It still hurts to mention some of this stuff but back to the point. Our pass protection SUCKED and it took a final toll as it did with Bulger and enter every other QB Martz coached on his way out of the league as an offensive coordinator. The offensive right tackle spot was the major weak spot in the demise of the GSOT along with no replacements for defections.

Warners injuries piled up from concussions in and around the 2000 playoff game with the Saints we should have still pulled out without a fumbled punt late in the game. We all know about the intentional grounding NO CALL on brady's FG winning drive and players not out of bounds having the clock stopped along with the ALL GAME holding of Faulk and our recievers and the late hitting on Bruce and Holt. It just felt dirty to rewatch that game over again knowing the refs were totally allowing everything and just HAD to call some wrestling type holding plays on Marshall that led us to a game tying touchdown to Proehl. We scored too fast once again. Brady with less than 200 yards passing is GIVEN the MVP award of that CORRUPT nightmare not to be believed.

So Warner goes to a Giants team still with his hurt thumb and still fumbling . Yet he took that bunch with only Tiki Barber and a rookie WR to a 5-2 record as Warner beat out the 1st draft pick in Eli Manning the teams Savior that the fans were drooling to have take over the team. The rookie wr goes down as they always do and Strahan and the MLB go down the next week for the season and the team starts to collapse yet warner uses Tiki in ways he had never played and he has his best career season ever as they lose the next two weeks and Kurt is pulled as Eli Manning comes in as team savior and loses 6 games in a row and Coughlin even got so sick watching it he pulls Manning in one game and on his first drive Warner takes a team that could'nt make a 1st down , the length of the field for a beautifull TD drive. Just showing what the team gave up on just to see the QBOTF too soon.

Next season Warner has the same thing happen again as the next QBOTF in Matt Leinhart is drafted by the Cardinals. Warner beats him out and Kurt has to endure the season of the HC meltdown in the famous "We let them off the hook " game with the Bears on Monday night and that fat(chilidog eating) HC was finally fired and Warner had to prove himself again with his new head coach straight from Pittsburgh as he felt he got passed over for coach Tomlins hire. Kurt worked his magic and took that bunch and made nobodies into a real team on pure leadership.All the way to the SB against the leagues #1 passing defense Warner posted another of his top 3 passing yardage games that STILL have the record in NFL history even though the great passing legends have played in the SB since then and Warners records remain.Warner was like Manning as he called his own plays and made his OC look great once again. Martz would call it free lancing 10 years earlier. But it worked did'nt it? Kurt learned it while playing in the Arena league where you had to score on every possesion.

When Kurt went out on top in the playoffs beating the great Aaron Rodgers in a playoff game with Five touchdowns and only 4 pass incompletions in the NFL's 2ND rated passing shootout playoff game ever. The next week in Kurts most unlucky place ever in New Orleans where he lost SB XXXVI and a playoff game in 2000 and now the Bountygate saints with Greg Williams where he was creamed blindside as the player was thrown out Kurt decided to retire. He had been to the SuperBowl just the season before. Those same wide recievers went back to nobodies once Warner left the game(not Larry and Bouldin) but the others and his leadership on the field until even that HC was fired and is now the Titans head coach with no Warners around to make him look good his team drafts second this year looking for that dream QBOTF once again.

Warner was recipiant of The Man Of The Year trophy on the field in uniform before his SB game. No distraction there. So Warner faced and overcame injuries played a season with his shoulder and left arm in a brace the season before his Cards SB. Most QB's would have sat it out for the 3 million he was paid by bowtie Bidwill. It was'nt the money it was the game. Warner led from college title onward. The league took Warren Moons Canadian stats into consideration but not Warners Arena and Europe Championship games. He led the way wherever he went. He made others around him better always hurt or not he was THE LEADER. He's gonna coach Kaepernick this offseason at request. HELL YES HE WAS SNUBBED. With Favre next year he will not get in again. Shameless.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

IMO not all 15 had compelling arguments, in fact some clearly didn't belong as finalists and a couple should not have been elected.

The process is deeply flawed and has to be revamped. I'm worried that former players with great media career after their playing careers are getting more attention than they deserve.

This entire selection process has to have a gigantic reduction in sentiment and emotion and a huge increase in logic and fact.

Otherwise it will eventually become less important than it should be.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Would truly love to discuss the SO CALLED Donut whole that other haters have created as the facts don't match up.

Regardless of what the circumstances were, he was 8-23 as a starter between 2002-2006, and in fact had an overall losing record the last eight years of his career.

I'm not saying that should keep him out or it will keep him out, I'm just saying that when voters tried to cut down from 10 to 5, that probably was the decider.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
You want "Snubbed" What about Kevin Greene!! How many times do you have to make it to the final 15 before you get in!?!, and Haley's Career stats are 'No-where near' his!!:mad::mad:

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Tony Dungy almost makes the cut over Don Coryell. Really Tony Dungy? Maybe it is all fixed.
Dungy doesn't hold a candle to Coryell when it comes to coaching. How Dungy is even a candidate is beyond me, is his main qualification being a soft spoken nice guy? Coryell on the other hand completely changed the way the game played and I would put him in before anyone but Junior on this years list.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Regardless of what the circumstances were, he was 8-23 as a starter between 2002-2006, and in fact had an overall losing record the last eight years of his career.

I'm not saying that should keep him out or it will keep him out, I'm just saying that when voters tried to cut down from 10 to 5, that probably was the decider.
I agree with you but wonder why win loss records mean nothing to any other position as it does with QB's. RIGHT? Did anyone ever bring up the win loss records of any lineman? Rbs or wr's? It is ateam game right? Did warner have to build from scratch in Phoenix? and two Head coaches? These small facts won't ever become factors when you have stats like yours smashing you in the face.

Warner was'nt drafted as I know 6 other HOF'ers like Warren Moon ,Randal McDaniel, Dick "night train" Lane and a few other older guys some are'nt familiar with. I just think Les said it best when he said the process is broken. Each position has things that seem to be able to be a burden when it comes to voting induction. Those stats you gave should keep Warner out forever if you can't add the things I mentioned above and are able to truly tell the whole human story we really live outside the cold wins versus losses that all seem to fall on just the QB's head.

Aikman was a high 1st rounder who lost tons of games with his plowboys till he got Emmitt Smith as ONLY that Georgia RB got John Elway his two SB's and a totally ruined career of losses. Terrell Davis won't make it with this group of voters who want long careers and no injuries. Why did Gale Sayers have voters that let him in and as I was saying he also had Two awesome wide recievers and a HOF RB who could carry a game and I'll even add a FB who opened those holes and protected Aikman. Aikman won 3 SB's and that loked him in with not much looking at his early losses.

I believe if what happened to Seau and his awesome career had not come up this year in timing to coincide with Kurts 1st Ballot appearance. Warners best shot at entrance since no QB since 2006. Qb's coming now will be bringing longevity and more than JUST 2 MVP's. No other double MVP winners were not 1st ballot. How many MVP's did Tim Brown or Bettis have? The voters are just moving a WR a year now to keep the log jam from forming again. Thats just not right. Do you forsee a year with 2 QB's going in like next year since Warner might have been in the final 7-8 this year and never be a finalist again? Do we have to have just one of a position each year? We had two offensive lineman this year probably keeping Orlando from moving in over Bettis. The rules and just the way things have been happening are unspoken rules on induction day.

Warner has the highest QB rating whether he won or lost games of any other HOF'er. Many little stats like that like Kurts playoff QB rating and TOP 3 SB passing games in his 3 appearances. Does a comeback from injury on horrible teams get factured in? I don't think so according to your stat. Does the person Warner is as Man Of The Year and such add anything more than emotion and not facts? Warner does have stats and numbers on his side in fastest QB to 10,000 yards and his yards per game over all other qb's . Meaning he was normally carrying his teams when he did'nt have Marshall. He had no RB in Phoenix AT ALL. Do these things even matter? Its a system that needs some adjusting as Warner has some great numbers inside those won-loss stats you gave agreed? Check them out. I did'nt even go to his stats and records to boost my argument as I know well they are there and heads above an Aikman as I'm building my point against.

Undrafted and Arena league did'nt help Kurt. Warner has that special something you can't express without bring warm emotions into cold stats. You also have Otto Graham matching stats to go with those win-loss stats when you have been on 3 horrible transitioning franchises.But thats just mor menutia right?
Kurt is a very polorizing person not just player with his beliefs he wears on his sleeve. Steve Young never talked about having 4 wives in his religion. I know that is random but the voters are humans not computers and exceptions HAVE been made many times before in HOF voting like Sayers etc... I say Warner was the same guy that burned bright and was the best at certain times and can't be compared fairly to a lunchpail offensive lineman that never misses a game not being hit blindside while throwing 8 times a game. Things need to be changed to bring in a fair playing field. Please forgive my punctuation and mispelled words and even my wondering thoughts as I'm not as well spoken as a writer like Les and others I enjoy reading. You can tell this is one subject this old man is emotional about.Forgive me.

Big Willie

Starter
Guys that make it in their first year have limited holes in their performance or longevity. Both Warner and Pace will get in within 2 or 3 years and Bruce will get in within 4 or 5. No worries. It just takes time for those guys not named Faulk, Sanders, etc. and soon to be Farve.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Dungy doesn't hold a candle to Coryell when it comes to coaching. How Dungy is even a candidate is beyond me, is his main qualification being a soft spoken nice guy? Coryell on the other hand completely changed the way the game played and I would put him in before anyone but Junior on this years list.
I absolutely Agree!!!!!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
If you look at the guys who got in, this was a "housekeeping" year. They got in guys like Shields, Bettis and Haley who if they didn't get in this year were in danger of not getting in at all.

Why?

Well, not only were the GSOT crew still going to be in the finals each year as is Kevin Greene, but there's a number of others (can't recall, but I remember having this discussion not all that long ago) who are going to be eligible next year and in the next few years who would be pushing guys like Bettis, Haley and Shields out of consideration.

I think that was a BIG part of the push to get these guys in before they were turfed out to the "veterans committee" in a few years because that committee can take forever to get guys in.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Coryell disciples: Madden,Walsh,Gibbs,Zampese,Saunders,Martz,Henning and Vermeil to name a few. Sorry don't mean to hijack the thread. Overlooking Coryell burns my as.......

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Coryell disciples: Madden,Walsh,Gibbs,Zampese,Saunders,Martz,Henning and Vermeil to name a few. Sorry don't mean to hijack the thread. Overlooking Coryell burns my as.......
AKA the REAL West Coast Offense before Walsh co-opted the term because the more accurate "Dink-and-Dunk Crap" doesn't sound as good.