Warcraft movie thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Starting a new thread because I didn't want it buried in the Star Wars Ep 7 thread... ugh.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_J8k43gUhY

That's best viewed on Chrome. Firefox absolutely CHOKED on it, so it really makes a difference which browser.

Open it in a new window or better, yet, on a mobile device.

HOLY SHNIKEYS!!! You can pan and watch in 360 degrees as you fly on a gryphon over Stormwind!!! And when I say pan, I mean just MOVE THE PHONE and it's like youtube is now playing VR.

This movie looks like they are working SO HARD to do right by the lore that if they get this one right, they will be able to put together at least a trilogy of these movies together. I mean, there's just so much lore that they could do a pair of trilogies, probably.

Anyway, I was blown away by this latest bit of tech from ILM's xLab.

Hope you are, too!

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Warcraft Teaser , full trailer comes out Friday

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have no idea, Rag. No idea at all. I hope it will be great. Been playing the game 9 years.

The lore is fantastic, so if they do it right, it should be an awesome movie.

I'd love to see a Diablo movie as well... I can see that happening if this is successful.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Full trailer

It's nostalgic for me, being a player for so long. But they've got to tweak some of that CGI a little bit. Baby Thrall looks like a radioactive monkey. With that said, most of it looks really good. And it definitely looks better than the stills that leaked last week.

I'm going to go see it, and can't wait for more trailers.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Tricky thing making films based on video games. Not many that were able to pull it off.
A couple that completely worked were Resident Evil, Silent Hill.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm definitely going to see it at a recently remodeled place in Bradenton. They have reserved seating and great reviews for their new recliners. Only 8 theaters, so if they aren't going to carry it, I'll see it at the nearest IMAX theater if it's offered in IMAX.

I really want to see it in a nice setting. Would rather see it in a Director's Theater setting (one of those higher end cinemas where they serve alcohol) not because I drink, but because the higher prices and nicer seats keep out those who can't STFU during the movie... man, I hate that...