Walton

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Ok guys.

Most of us here read every snippet we can find on the Rams. I need someone to help me here.

There is no doubt in my mind I read a snippet in an article where Chris Long or one of the returning D players said that the D terminology was a little different this year.

This was in camp or the early part of pre-season. At the time I didn't pay much attention to this comment of "change in terminology" and really just forgot about it until now. Thinking that this is Fisher's D and no real wholesale changes would be made.

Now I'm starting to think that Fisher has allowed Walton to make some changes to his D.

Did anyone of you great Rams fans read this or remember reading this? If so it would be great if someone can find that quote.

It could explain alot of the D's problems.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
BRING BACK GREGG & BLAKE WILLIAMS, PLEASE!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
EastRam said:
Ok guys.

Most of us here read every snippet we can find on the Rams. I need someone to help me here.

There is no doubt in my mind I read a snippet in an article where Chris Long or one of the returning D players said that the D terminology was a little different this year.

This was in camp or the early part of pre-season. At the time I didn't pay much attention to this comment of "change in terminology" and really just forgot about it until now. Thinking that this is Fisher's D and no real wholesale changes would be made.

Now I'm starting to think that Fisher has allowed Walton to make some changes to his D.

Did anyone of you great Rams fans read this or remember reading this? If so it would be great if someone can find that quote.

Changing the terminology is status quo any time you change coordinators. You could have two identical plays on defense, but Williams would call it one thing and Walton another. That's because of tape, players that leave for another team, and a couple of other reasons. Walton didn't change the defense, because the concept is the same, but he is responsible for calling the plays. Fisher also has complete authority to override anything he calls.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
EastRam said:
Ok guys.

Changing the terminology is status quo any time you change coordinators. You could have two identical plays on defense, but Williams would call it one thing and Walton another. That's because of tape, players that leave for another team, and a couple of other reasons. Walton didn't change the defense, because the concept is the same, but he is responsible for calling the plays. Fisher also has complete authority to override anything he calls.

I agree with what your saying..Last year..Not so much this year.

Way to much soft D. Looks to me Fish is letting Walton do his thing without much input from Fish.

Of course I'm guessing. But my eyes tell me this is Waltons D.

iced

you know i can tell it's waltons d?

i don't see any safeties along the line of scrimmage nor near as much blitzing

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
EastRam said:
Ok guys.

Yes.

I've posted on this.....I think twice.

Bottom line.....I watched an interview with Walton. He was asked about his scheme what he was going to do etc., as best I recall he said something like..."some of the terminology will be the same, we'll keep some things then move forward with what we will do."

That is why I voiced some concern about it. As what he said sounded to me like he was changing the scheme -
'somewhat' at least, but keeping some of the old terminology and some of the old scheme.

IMHO I think that is part of what is the problem with our D.

*Edit*

EastRam

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rambitious1 said:
EastRam said:
Ok guys.

Yes.

I've posted on this.....I think twice.

Bottom line.....I watched an interview with Walton. He was asked about his scheme what he was going to do etc., as best I recall he said something like..."some of the terminology will be the same, we'll keep some things then move forward with what we will do."

That is why I voiced some concern about, as what he said sounded to me like he was changing the scheme -
'somewhat' at least, but keeping some terminology and some of the old scheme.

IMHO I think that is part of what is the problem with our D.

YUP! That was the quote. Thank you.

Now I will place blame at the Stash. WTF was he thinking. The D wasn't broke.

Fish has to demote Walton. This isn't working. Hope he does it now. If not Fish just took a year off what he built in the first season.

Damn