Walterfootball.com is a Bad Joke (if you didn't already know)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
OK look, I go to that site for entertainment purposes. The main writer (Walter) writes like he's still in high school. His opinions and "analysis" (I use that term VERY loosely) are ridiculous and very cliched. But, I am curious on what people say on Rams' picks, so w/e. He gives the Rams a C+ on Jared Goff.

http://www.walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades.php

Los Angeles Rams: Jared Goff: C- Grade
I've already given the Rams a "D" for moving up to the No. 1 pick in my NFL Draft Trade Grades page, and part of this mark has to take the deal into account. Los Angeles was desperate for a quarterback, but didn't need to panic like this. There will be better quarterback prospects next year - check my 2017 NFL Mock Draft- and 2018 as well, with Josh Rosen set to declare. Rosen and Deshaun Watson are superior prospects - at least at the moment - compared to Jared Goff, who might not even be the top signal-caller in this class.

Goff is a rail-thin quarterback coming out of a goofy spread offense. He had a losing record in college, and his completion percentage wasn't great. These are all red flags, and it's baffling that the Rams are ignoring them. The Rams actually liked Carson Wentz more in between the Senior Bowl and Combine, so I don't know what changed for them. Whatever it is, I don't agree with it, and our contacts around the NFL feel the same way. For example, one successful offensive coach on a team that doesn't need a quarterback was completely baffled by Los Angeles' preference, indicating that Wentz was the easy pick of the two.

I think a C- grade is appropriate for the first-overall choice in the 2016 NFL Draft. This looks to be a bad pick, and the Rams surrendered way too much for it, but I can at least understand why they're taking a quarterback at this selection.

What's funny here is that according to him, the Rams gave up too much for a small QB in a gimmick offense.

Now wait, where have we heard "small QB in a gimmick offense" before? Oh yeah! That Baylor QB with the fun, rhyming name! Let's see what Mr. Walter had to say about him:

http://walterfootball.com/offseason2012was.php

2012 Washington Redskins Offense:
It's mind-boggling that some people thought the Redskins gave up way too much in the Robert Griffin deal. If anything, they didn't surrender nearly enough. A franchise quarterback is worth more than just two first-round picks, a second-rounder and the swap of Nos. 2 and 6 overall. Sure, Washington won't be selecting in the first round until 2015 (barring a trade), but who cares about picking in the 20s (or 30s) when coming off a long postseason run? It's better than having a top-10 selection almost every year.

Griffin is completely legitimate. Some non-observers will cite that he's just a running quarterback and none of his kind have won a Super Bowl. But Griffin is so much more than that. He has great passing skills and a high football I.Q. He'll have to endure early struggles like most young signal-callers do, but he has the potential to lead the Redskins to multiple Super Bowls.

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/offseason2012was.php#ohphySckAKhs4LFT.99

Ram65

Legend
You can't predict the ability to draft a certain player next year. Rams did the right move. Sure let's wait till 2018 maybe 2019....

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I use Walter for a statistics/numbers info site. Anything beyond that and you're wasting time his evaluations are pretty far fetched.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Leading into this year he talked non stop how brady was done and looked old and washed up. So yeah...that tells you how much stock I put into this guy.

He also called Jason Smith a cant miss prospect and Rob Havenstien a terrible pick :jerkoff:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
For a Pac-12 QB with a lousy O-Line & Defense to pass 529 times with 341 receptions for a 64.5 pct., i'll take it. In 12 games he passed for 4719 yards, with 43 TD's and a QB rating of 161.

I'll take that C- grade every day.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Walterfootball's writer, Charlie is it? is a Redskins fan. So he thinks the RGMe trade was great yet everyone else's is sucky. Funny how that works.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I stopped caring what Walter said many years ago. It seems that site is far more wrong than right about college prospects. If they say Goff is not very good, that actually gives me more hope. They're like the anti-SI curse.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Walterfootball's writer, Charlie is it? is a Redskins fan. So he thinks the RGMe trade was great yet everyone else's is sucky. Funny how that works.

Nah, Walter is the main guy there. Charlie may be as equally wrong, but he's more tame in his writing.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yea, Walter's analysis is terrible. Always has been. But the funniest part to me was him saying that DeShaun Watson is a far superior prospect...that's a 6'2" 205 pound QB coming out of, you guessed it, another goofy offense. And that's a guy who is a running QB who hasn't consistently shown #1 overall passing ability yet.

Or Josh Rosen...a guy who just finished his true freshman year. Who the hell knows what he'll be? He was incredibly promising as a freshman but he still has two more years of college.

And the fact is that if these guys are as good as ole Walt believes, the Rams have next to no shot at them.

The Rams having a shot at Goff and #1 this year was rare. Teams at #1 rarely are willing to trade out or pass on the top QB.

Basically, terrible analysis and laughable that he thinks the Rams are better off waiting for a 2017 QB class that looks bad right now or a 2018 QB class that is 2 years away.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Lol! Good thing he's not in anyone's front office.

That's "WHY" he's not in anyone's front office.

The only thing I have to say about him is...........
giphy.gif