walterfootball 1/21/2016 mock Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2016_3.php

Usually I do not like their previous mocks over the yrs but this brand new mock looks pretty good in my view. They have the Eagles selecting Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State @ #13. I was watching NFL channel last night on the Kurt Warner Football Life presentation & saw across the bottom screen news ribbon where QB Carson Wentz was listed as a sure Top 10 draft prospects.

LA Rams Mock:
First Rd. #15- Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis(y)
Second rd. #43- Tyler Boyd, WR, Pittsburgh(y)
Second rd. #45- Austin Johnson, DT, Penn State (y)
Third rd.#76-Jalen Mills, S, LSU

Forth rd #107- Kevon Seymour, CB, USC

I know if I were selecting I would not go for that safety with the #76 pick but land another WR Sterling Shepard Oklahoma instead to have two new rookie WR's who can get separation! That 4th rd. pick....with Fisher as a HC hands down the best pick possible Kicker Roberto Aguayo.

Last edited:

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's a Fisher draft. Of course there is a defensive lineman and a safety picked. The only reason a safety wasn't taken last year was they'd already traded two picks for Barron.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack

Usually I do not like their previous mocks over the yrs but this brand new mock looks pretty good in my view. They have the Eagles selecting Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State @ #13. I was watching NFL channel last night on the Kurt Warner Football Life presentation & saw across the bottom screen news ribbon where QB Carson Wentz was listed as a sure Top 10 draft prospects.

LA Rams Mock:

I know if I were selecting I would not go for that safety with the #76 pick but land another WR Sterling Shepard Oklahoma instead to have two new rookie WR's who can get separation! That 4th rd. pick....with Fisher as a HC hands down the best pick possible Kicker Roberto Aguayo.

I don't think you can take a kicker in the fourth. They just don't get drafted. He could probably wait until the sixth and still get him. If worried, maybe a fifth. But I wouldn't use a valuable pick in the fourth on a kicker. Aside from that, I did like this mock too when I saw it yesterday. But I wouldn't touch a safety in the third either. Doesn't make much sense unless somehow we lost McLeod. I would prefer trying to reinforce the DE position instead. It's getting old.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
I think we need a TE in the 2nd not a DT. Cook needs to be replaced, if you don't block, you don't stay!

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Does everyone really think we need a QB at 1? I honestly think free agency would be more beneficial for us to win now. And the QB's in this years class are far from proven, its going to take some time for these guys to make an impact.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Does everyone really think we need a QB at 1? I honestly think free agency would be more beneficial for us to win now. And the QB's in this years class are far from proven, its going to take some time for these guys to make an impact.

Yes.

Every player in the draft is unproven. I'll still take my chances.

The Rams goal this off-season shouldn't be finding the best QB to win now. It should be finding the best QB to win for the foreseeable future.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
No complaints at all really. We need depth behind Donald and Brockers. Mills was talked about as a sure fire first round pick before last year, getting him in the 3rd and hopefully sitting behind McLeod would be glorious. Also any draft that has us getting Boyd is on my good side. I love guys that can catch contested balls, such an underrated trait IMO. I like Lynch a lot and wouldn't be mad at all if he ended up a Ram. I still prefer Wentz, I think he has "it" more than the others in this class.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
i would not mind drafting either of these 3 QBS, I know we need a franchise QBfor the future, but Treadwell from ole miss is a rare receiver talent that has speed, is strong and can block very well. I am gonna throw some names out and I think out of all of them Manziel ha s a chance to be a starting nfl qb and has some upside, and I personally think hes messing up on purpose to get off of the browns. All of these guys have shown promise at some point.
Maziel?
RG3?
Ryan Mallett?
chase Daniel?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

LA Rams Mock:

Yeah I gotta agree with you on the above. First two picks are downright outstanding. Lynch gives us finally our QB of the future and he's big, mobile just like Fish prefers with an elite ceiling. Boyd is an instant starter, will get open as a possession option and has great hands.

There are some really good receivers that will be available with that other second round and the third round selection, some guys with good hands that can help this team and unless Barron walks I don't see safety as a big need in a draft where there are so few picks for us. And I also prioritize a kicker VERY high for this team. It's an enormous need, and there are two outstanding and future pro bowl type kickers in this draft in Aguayo and Fairbairn. Fourth round is not too high for kickers with their talent, I'd be fine with it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't think you can take a kicker in the fourth. They just don't get drafted. He could probably wait until the sixth and still get him. If worried, maybe a fifth. But I wouldn't use a valuable pick in the fourth on a kicker. Aside from that, I did like this mock too when I saw it yesterday. But I wouldn't touch a safety in the third either. Doesn't make much sense unless somehow we lost McLeod. I would prefer trying to reinforce the DE position instead. It's getting old.

Disagree brother. If you look at the history with kickers in the draft the sweet spot is the fourth round where the best ones start going off the board. There have been others that went higher but I think rounds 1-3 are overkill. Gostkowski is a great example of return on a fourth round pick. You'd be hard pressed to find something better than a long term kicker to help you win from that spot in the draft, particularly when it's a defense and field position team. Even with the Patriots who can score TDs they greatly value the kicker position and for good reason.

fearsomefour

Legend

LA Rams Mock:

I agree with you.
The first three picks make sense.
The third and fourth round picks I could go WR, DE, TE, C....not S or CB (assuming one or both of JJ and Johnson is back).