Walt and Shott

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
EastRam said:
CGI_Ram said:
Memphis Ram said:
Greg Williams & Rex Ryan look good now don't they?

I was going to post something similar.

Don't look now... but New Orleans (and their 32nd ranked 2012 defense) has just held Atlanta to 17, Tampa to 14, and the Cardinals to 7.

That speaks poorly for Spags.

And to the impact of the coordinator's scheme.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I am way more concerned with the D they have regressed from last year more than the offense.
If the O line plays better maybe we play better on O, I do agree though that the O is too conservative

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
rdlkgliders said:
I am way more concerned with the D they have regressed from last year more than the offense.
If the O line plays better maybe we play better on O, I do agree though that the O is too conservative

Right now I'm more concerned about the D too. I can't believe what felt like a strength of the team (coming into the season) has turned into dysfunction.

How did we screw up the defense?

There has been waaay too much investment into this unit for this to be happening!

EastRam

Pro Bowler
CGI_Ram said:
rdlkgliders said:

Right now I'm more concerned about the D too. I can't believe what felt like a strength of the team (coming into the season) has turned into dysfunction.

How did we screw up the defense?

There has been waaay too much investment into this unit for this to be happening!

Only one answer to that. Walton..Mistake on Fishers part

V3

Hall of Fame
EastRam said:
V3 said:
So if they did change offensive coordinators next year, is there any way to keep the terminology and scheme the same? Who would fit that?

I dont buy into all that change is bad, New terminology takes years to learn.

The Rams learned Martz's O and won the SB the same season. With Martz's O being one of the most complicated.

Let's be honest, though. That offense had several HOF'ers or players that were very good. I like Bradford but he's not even close to Warner. These WR's aren't even close to anything we had on that team. Faulk vs. Richardson? Umm...no.

There's a big difference. That team had the talent and mental ability to learn a new, complicated offense rather quickly. This team doesn't. I don't trust this group enough to attempt ANOTHER offensive scheme. Hell, the receivers have a hard enough time catching the ball.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
V3 said:
EastRam said:
V3 said:
So if they did change offensive coordinators next year, is there any way to keep the terminology and scheme the same? Who would fit that?

I dont buy into all that change is bad, New terminology takes years to learn.

The Rams learned Martz's O and won the SB the same season. With Martz's O being one of the most complicated.

Let's be honest, though. That offense had several HOF'ers or players that were very good. I like Bradford but he's not even close to Warner. These WR's aren't even close to anything we had on that team. Faulk vs. Richardson? Umm...no.

There's a big difference. That team had the talent and mental ability to learn a new, complicated offense rather quickly. This team doesn't. I don't trust this group enough to attempt ANOTHER offensive scheme. Hell, the receivers have a hard enough time catching the ball.

I agree...but rather quickly won a SB..All I'm saying is the Rams or any team for that matter should be able to learn a system to at least be competitive.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
What disturbs me most; we (unqualified couch potatoes) sit at home and see the problems.

The announcers say the same things during the game.

But the coordinators don't.

What's wrong with this picture?

I get that its not this simple. Or is it? Seriously? Why do we do the same things over and over without result?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
CGI_Ram said:
What disturbs me most; we (unqualified couch potatoes) sit at home and see the problems.

I get that its not this simple. Or is it? Seriously? Why do we do the same things over and over without result?

Stupid thing is that they went up and played tight at the line for a time and it worked. Then dropped back on 3rd down to give up the stupid cushion. I don't get it. Tru Johnson is plenty comfortable right up on the LOS as are Cortland and JJ. Let them get up there.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
jrry32 said:
CGI_Ram said:

Stupid thing is that they went up and played tight at the line for a time and it worked. Then dropped back on 3rd down to give up the stupid cushion. I don't get it. Tru Johnson is plenty comfortable right up on the LOS as are Cortland and JJ. Let them get up there.

Has Walton implemented more off-coverage than last year?

I think that Fisher has always liked this approach... but I don't remember this much loose-coverage last year.

V3

Hall of Fame
CGI_Ram said:
jrry32 said:
CGI_Ram said:

I think that Fisher has always liked this approach... but I don't remember this much loose-coverage last year.

I don't remember it being this much. I remember some times they'd do it because of Dahl but I swear it wasn't this much.

Regardless of if they did or didn't, just look at the results. We are at the bottom in pass D.

iced

CGI_Ram said:
jrry32 said:
CGI_Ram said:

Blake williams did a lot of a man coverage and blitzing, which is a better fit for this d

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
A55VA6 said:
Schotty needs to go. Walton needs to go. Coach Fisher and Sam.... we'll see..

This team needs a boost. A new identity. Something. This team may not even win 5 games at this rate. These are old school ground and pound coaches that don't know how to use their weapons.
Are you freaking shitting me?

I'm going to save this quote and re-post it occasionally as the year progresses, and we all start to forget about these last 2 losses.

Talk about throwing your team under the bus. Jesus Christ!

In general, and this is not targeted at any particular poster, I simply don't understand the mindset of people who consider themselves fans but who rip apart their own team at the earliest signs of poor play. Aren't fans there to support their team and their coaches, and to be patient through the growth of their team? If the team's fan base won't support the team through the challenging periods, then who will? If one isn't willing to support the team through during bad times, then what qualifies this person to be a fan?

A55VA6

Legend
Stranger said:
A55VA6 said:

This team needs a boost. A new identity. Something. This team may not even win 5 games at this rate. These are old school ground and pound coaches that don't know how to use their weapons.

I'm going to save this quote and re-post it occasionally as the year progresses, and we all start to forget about these last 2 losses.

In general, and this is not targeted at any particular poster, I simply don't understand the mindset of people who consider themselves fans but who rip apart their own team at the earliest signs of poor play. Aren't fans there to support their team and their coaches, and to be patient through the growth of their team? If the team's fan base won't support the team through the challenging periods, then who will? If one isn't willing to support the team through during bad times, then what qualifies this person to be a fan?

We're all supporting the Rams through the tough times... that's why we're all still here. I want what's best for this team. I think the coordinators are doing a bad job. Plain and simple. They are putting players in a bad position in my opinion. Yes the players have to execute, but I feel like some players are not being allowed to use their strengths..

For example, our defense. We have really good man cover corners and a deadly pass rush. But instead, we play soft zone which allows the fast pass meaning no sacks or barely even pressure for our D line. On offense, where's the screen passes to Tavon? Why aren't we taking basically ANY deep shots? All our passes are 0-5 yard dump offs. All Sam has done is pass it to the RB. If we continue to play like this Stranger, you'd be perfectly okay with it? Keep the coordinators, they're doing just fine? I mentioned Coach Fisher and Sam because the coach and QB are ALWAYS under pressure and they need to be. I love Fish and Sam, and I want them to be here for a long time. But if things stay this exact way all season, and next year, and beyond... you'd be okay with it? I don't think any of us would like that.

Bottom line, we all love this team, we all want the coaches and players to succeed.. but we can't lie to ourselves. We have to react to what we're seeing. And what we're seeing is not good. All of preseason and all 3 weeks of the regular season.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Stranger said:
A55VA6 said:

Not defending the everyone must go mentality AT ALL but seriously, this fan base to even cheer for this team after the teams that have been trotted out there over the past several years is a testament. This kind of loss is unacceptable - PERIOD! I think the fans have a right to expect better. I have been a fan for life and will continue to be so. But if you are going to allow this kind of debacle out there then you better expect, and frankly deserve, this kind of trashing by the fans.

This was not just a loss. This was not just the earliest signs of poor play. This was a fundamental breakdown of every aspect of the game and IMO should not be taken in stride by the fans. We were out coached at every turn. There was no discipline. The scheme was suspect at best. Hints of growth are decent reason to be patient. An obvious decline over the 2nd and third games from an opening game in which they played worse than most of last year and barely won at home, does not convey a growth in the team.

I'm sure I'll be done with it after today but it stings like salt in a wound right now and I don't know of anyone who has stuck by the Rams more than I have over the years. Not saying I'm their number one fan. But I sure have earned the right to bitch about this kind of a showing.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
Stranger said:
A55VA6 said:

I AM NOT SUPPORTING THE FIRE EVERYONE MENTALITY BUT ...If I had a child, who continually lied to me and built my hopes up, tricked me into thinking he was passing classes in college but in reality he was failing and wasting chunks of my money....and then did this for nearly a decade straight while I supported them and then he called me from jail on possession charges I would be PISSED off beyond measure for his incompetence and good boy facade as well for my own ability to fall for false promises. I will always support the Rams through good and bad....but that by no stretch of the imaginination means I can't be pissed when they rip my heart out.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Dr.RamsFanCK said:
I AM NOT SUPPORTING THE FIRE EVERYONE MENTALITY BUT ...If I had a child, who continually lied to me and built my hopes up, tricked me into thinking he was passing classes in college but in reality he was failing and wasting chunks of my money....and then did this for nearly a decade straight while I supported them and then he called me from jail on possession charges I would be PISSED off beyond measure for his incompetence and good boy facade as well for my own ability to fall for false promises. I will always support the Rams through good and bad....but that by no stretch of the imaginination means I can't be pissed when they rip my heart out.

Well put CK - especially the bolded part.

A55VA6

Legend
RamFan503 said:
Dr.RamsFanCK said:

Yes, exactly how I feel too. It's the passion for the game and your team. It's perfectly healthy to be upset when your team performs this bad.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379909336909.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379909336909.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 163

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
A55VA6 said:
RamFan503 said:
Dr.RamsFanCK said:

Yes, exactly how I feel too. It's the passion for the game and your team. It's perfectly healthy to be upset when your team performs this bad.
I've been a fan for 40yrs, and you're dramn right I'm upset. But I'm not throwing players and coaches, and that's damn good players and coaches, under the bus.

Geesh! People need to take a chill pill.

It's damn depressing reading all this "stuff" being posted on the board and in the chatroom during the game. I came, and come., here 'cause I want it to be fun. Instead, it's a total downer and so I shut it down during game time and now I'm only reading very select threads. We've lost our way.

Rabid Ram said:
+1 !!!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379909336909.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379909336909.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 157

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I don't know what you guys are talking about, schotty was on fire today.

that first play from scrimmage was a beauty. have tavon line up in the backfield then just hand it to him and let him run it up the gut. masterstroke. i'm not quite sure how that drive ended in a 3 and out with such cutting edge playcalling.