Walking Dead

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Probably started with just a small gang that gradually recruited more members through intimidation (including killing members of small outlaw groups). If every member of his group had experienced something similar to what Rick experienced, then they would eventually all turn into what Rick is turning into now. His bitch (albeit reluctantly because he really just wants to protect his group). What I find implausible is that during the formation of that huge gang, nobody got power hungry and decided to kill him in the middle of the night. Or that nobody had an impulse for revenge for what he did to them (or their friends/loved ones) and murdered him for it.

I'd guess that most people part of his group were saved by him, and thus buy into what he's selling. People he intimidates into working for him likely don't have that type of access, especially to him.

However, I'd venture that someone with enough skill could wreck enough havoc to cause discourse. I'd just ghillie up and take the shot nice and clean.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
rod.jpg

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Probably started with just a small gang that gradually recruited more members through intimidation (including killing members of small outlaw groups). If every member of his group had experienced something similar to what Rick experienced, then they would eventually all turn into what Rick is turning into now. His bitch (albeit reluctantly because he really just wants to protect his group). What I find implausible is that during the formation of that huge gang, nobody got power hungry and decided to kill him in the middle of the night. Or that nobody had an impulse for revenge for what he did to them (or their friends/loved ones) and murdered him for it.

Exactly. Someone would have eventually killed him at a vulnerable moment. Then the group falls apart. There are survival models that all point to small groups being the most successful. A group like Megan's would Nordstrom the inside out.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To play Devils advocate, Rick's group believes in him and follows him loyally.
Negan's group looks at Rick's group as being the enemy. Ricks group massacred their people
This was sweet revenge for them

In any event, I hate losing Abraham and glad he got in his final words "suck my nuts" classic

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Why are there even Zombies in this show anymore? Because this show is definitely no longer about Zombie's. It's getting old.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I am still not buying the Negan storyline. He was standing at the gate and they could have cut the head of the Snake right off. It would be a war but with their walls they could have sniped them one by one. Plus, giving him an inventory of the guns to be sure he has them all? And that trick with Maggie makes no sense. Rick won't lie about guns but he will lie about Maggie? Negan will be just as angry when he finds out.

Negan is ridiculous. He would have so many of his minions hating him for his arrogant dick attitude. He would never last as that kind of leader.

This Rick is the farmboy, prison Rick. I hate that Rick, and that is what makes it hard to watch.

Plus hasn't it Benn more than three years their time? How are they still driving around? Do they have their own refinery?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I am still not buying the Negan storyline. He was standing at the gate and they could have cut the head of the Snake right off. It would be a war but with their walls they could have sniped them one by one. Plus, giving him an inventory of the guns to be sure he has them all? And that trick with Maggie makes no sense. Rick won't lie about guns but he will lie about Maggie? Negan will be just as angry when he finds out.

Negan is ridiculous. He would have so many of his minions hating him for his arrogant dick attitude. He would never last as that kind of leader.

This Rick is the farmboy, prison Rick. I hate that Rick, and that is what makes it hard to watch.

Plus hasn't it Benn more than three years their time? How are they still driving around? Do they have their own refinery?
Yeah, this show is getting too many holes in it. I think it has just about ran its course.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, this show is getting too many holes in it. I think it has just about ran its course.
Agree. Which is a shame because there are so many other angles they could take instead of just pursuing "the next bad guy"
Like maybe inventing a cure or something

bluecoconuts

Legend

Most apocalypse movies ignore that gasoline has a limited shelf life given that most people don't know about that.

Rick seemed to explain the reason why he gave up is that Negan has numbers, and he's trying to protect Carl and Judith above all else. When he gets the upper hand in terms of numbers he'll make his move, otherwise he's going to play ball... He doesn't know if killing Negan will solve issues or not, takes more time to read their group and look for weaknesses.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Most apocalypse movies ignore that gasoline has a limited shelf life given that most people don't know about that.

Rick seemed to explain the reason why he gave up is that Negan has numbers, and he's trying to protect Carl and Judith above all else. When he gets the upper hand in terms of numbers he'll make his move, otherwise he's going to play ball... He doesn't know if killing Negan will solve issues or not, takes more time to read their group and look for weaknesses.

He cannot trust that anyone is safe with Negan. If they don't produce then someone dies. And what good are numbers when Negan has all of the weapons? It seems like we will go through another tamed version of Rick and await the no holds barred Rick to come back after a season of watching him play patsy. There will be another Carroll save with Shiva somehow looming over Negan just before Rick kills him. Darryl will get some guns as he takes Negan's trust.

The question is what will make Rick snap? Did they just set the baby up as being expendable? I wish it was Carl. Even Judith is more likable than Chandler Riggs. Is Eugene going to make bullets that blowup in Megan's guns? How long until they rape Rosita? I will still watch but I am clearly getting cynical about what I see as fantastical reaches in this show. What I loved about it was that other than the zombies, it was done realistically. The bigger, bladder villain thing is wearing on me.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I can watch people being eaten alive by a herd of zombies. I can watch someone having their head caved in and reduced to mush. I can just about watch animals being attacked and eaten.

But I draw the line at small children being hurt so if Rick's speech about Judith was to set her up as being expendable then that's where my fandom will be truly tested. Game of Thrones overstepped that mark with what happened to Stannis' little girl and it nearly ended it for me. I've got two young daughters myself which is where this comes from.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm sure in the graphic novel (AKA Adult comic book) the formula works just fine but when the audience is split between those who have and haven't read it I think its reaching a breaking point.
@Rynie is right, its the same thing, different season
Powerful opener, drags until mid season finale, powerful mid season opener, drags to the end
Wash rinse repeat

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm sure in the graphic novel (AKA Adult comic book) the formula works just fine but when the audience is split between those who have and haven't read it I think its reaching a breaking point.
@Rynie is right, its the same thing, different season
Powerful opener, drags until mid season finale, powerful mid season opener, drags to the end
Wash rinse repeat

They have a good assemblage of producers, directors, writers, etc on this show. I am surprised that they don't see that this is a problem. The presentation is so similar with each dastardly ruthless villain that climbed to power. The message hasn't changed. Is there just no other way to do it? Are the story possibilities exhausted?