Walking Dead vs SNF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I don't like either one. The zombie genre has never interested me. Always thought it was kind of stupid and hard to believe. But that's just my personal opinion.

Nothing wrong with Breaking Bad, it just didn't hook me. Felt the same way about Mad Men.
Watched the first couple episodes of Mad Men.
Thought it was slow and cliche.
Never got into it.

Haven't really got into an ongoing show since Six Feet Under.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Since this is based on Nielson ratings numbers, this is pretty much meaningless. People under the age of 40 are getting their content over the internet more and more, and the Nielson numbers don't reflect that. Nielson ratings are way down across the board for this very reason.

As a 31 year old, I haven't had cable or satellite in three or four years. Many of my friends are the same way, getting 100% of their content through Netflix/Hulu/iTunes/etc. Cable prices keep going up, while more content is going online. Broadcast television is pretty much doomed to fail at this point. The CEO of Netflix even projected that Broadcast TV will be dead by 2030 (link). I can't wait until the NFL figures this out, and starts selling online streaming packages.

The biggest ones are the last to figure it out. Look at Kodak or Blockbuster. Once a company has major market share, they become blind from bureaucracy and defending what they have. Both of those companies burnt through their cash and assets trying to maintain the status quo instead of leading the conversion.

Kodak could have dominated digital cameras, pic hosting, and on site printing kiosks. When I was in my 20s I was trying to explain this industry in its infancy to a pro photographer calling Kodak a stumbling giant and he dismissed it because digital photos were such low quality at the time.

Blockbuster could have been redbox then streaming video. Instead they went from a cash rich company to bankruptcy. Success produces well entrenched idiots blind to the competition. At the end they were putting out DVD kiosks when streaming was about to erupt.

It's ridiculous what you have to pay to see an NFL game online. (if anyone actually paid)

iTunes and many others were born from a music industry doing everything it could to stop digital music streams. The CD companies could have owned that market.

Cash rich and blinded by their past success.

Microsoft will die the same way. IBM has nearly died the same way. Apple will die the same way without Jobs.

When I was young and the internet had no graphics, you either bought a Macintosh (few did), an IBM, or an "IBM compatible" which was everyone else. Now, who buys an IBM computer?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Now, who buys an IBM computer?
I do!

[LINK] IBM has engaged in an historic alliance with Lenovo. To bring long-term value for clients, companies need to continually reinvent themselves. IBM's multi-year agreement with Lenovo is broad-based and allows IBM to continue to provide end-to-end solutions to our clients. Lenovo is now the preferred provider of IBM-branded personal computers to our clients, and IBM will continue to provide financing and maintainance services for those PC solutions.

This alliance is consistent with IBM's strategy to be the world leader in providing technology and transformation solutions, for you, our enterprise and our small and medium business clients, in all industries and countries worldwide.

This is the one I have right now (Lenovo Y50 Touch - Gaming).

maxresdefault.jpg

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Waking dead better than Breaking Bad? That's silly. The walking dead is good for what it is, a post apocalyptic sci fi show. Breaking Bad is on another level. Just look at the amount of Emmy or Golden Globe wins they have just for the acting alone. Breaking Bad continued to get better through each season. The walking dead cannot say that (season 4 was disappointing to most fans, the flipping off the burning house, need I say more?). And I'm a huge fan of anything zombies, see my username and avatar, but the walking dead is not better than breaking bad in my opinion. Or even game of thrones. If thrones wasn't on hbo it would be taking the ratings records.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I do!

[LINK] IBM has engaged in an historic alliance with Lenovo. To bring long-term value for clients, companies need to continually reinvent themselves. IBM's multi-year agreement with Lenovo is broad-based and allows IBM to continue to provide end-to-end solutions to our clients. Lenovo is now the preferred provider of IBM-branded personal computers to our clients, and IBM will continue to provide financing and maintainance services for those PC solutions.

This alliance is consistent with IBM's strategy to be the world leader in providing technology and transformation solutions, for you, our enterprise and our small and medium business clients, in all industries and countries worldwide.

This is the one I have right now (Lenovo Y50 Touch - Gaming).

maxresdefault.jpg

So you own a computer by a manufacturer I've barely heard of that IBM hired to make computers with its branding because IBM, the one time computer GIANT, couldn't compete with them? Exactly!

How do you like it? It says gaming. Is it really game worthy?

RamzFanz

Damnit
Waking dead better than Breaking Bad? That's silly. The walking dead is good for what it is, a post apocalyptic sci fi show. Breaking Bad is on another level. Just look at the amount of Emmy or Golden Globe wins they have just for the acting alone. Breaking Bad continued to get better through each season. The walking dead cannot say that (season 4 was disappointing to most fans, the flipping off the burning house, need I say more?). And I'm a huge fan of anything zombies, see my username and avatar, but the walking dead is not better than breaking bad in my opinion. Or even game of thrones. If thrones wasn't on hbo it would be taking the ratings records.

Walking dead better than Breaking Bad? In what world, right?!

I couldn't wait for Walking Dead. I watched an entire season. I never watched again. I don't get the draw myself. To me, it's Lost with zombies. Cliche and done.

Breaking Bad? I pirated the last season because I lost access. I've watched every season 3 times and will a 4th soon. Sick. Unexpected, original, no other like it, no formula.

Walking dead was the same old TV formula in a new gendra. Good guy, bad guy, woman in distress, hero child, relationship stress between two men, blah blah blah.

Who starts a meth lab in an RV with a punk because of imminent death and pulls off all that sh1t!

Last edited:

Zombie Slayer

Name
Dave
Walking dead better than Breaking Bad? In what world, right?!

I couldn't wait for Walking Dead. I watched an entire season. I never watched again. I don't get the draw myself. To me, it's Lost with zombies. Cliche and done.

Breaking Bad? I pirated the last season because I lost access. I've watched every season 3 times and will a 4th soon. Sick. Unexpected, original, no other like it, no formula.

Walking dead was the same old TV formula in a new gendra. Good guy, bad guy, woman in distress, hero child, relationship stress between two men, blah blah blah.

Who starts a meth lab in an RV with a punk because of imminent death and pulls off all that sh1t!

Some shows are just in another league above all of the others. Shows like the sopranos, breaking bad, and game of thrones I include in that elite tier.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Some shows are just in another league above all of the others. Shows like the sopranos, breaking bad, and game of thrones I include in that elite tier.

I have never seen game of thrones. Is it really all that?

Orange Is The New Black is worthwhile but not epic, just more interesting passing time because it's pretty original with some very good scenes, but a little dramatic at times.

Zombie Slayer

Name
Dave
Yes game of thrones is. You'll get hooked once you start. I finally got my sister to start it and she flew through the four season pretty quick

psxpaul

Rookie
Name
Paul
So what are you saying? That you think even more people are watching Walking Dead? Even if they are watching it via Hulu, they can't watch it live so you can't really measure ratings comparably anymore.

And since you can't watch the NFL via those new streaming outlets ratings are still pretty relevant to football. One thing is for certain, More people are definitely watching the walking dead than the NFL on Sundays.

Nielsen ratings are only 50% of the equation these days. We can look at them and speculate what the total viewership might have been, but its just a guessing game. They were not even that reliable in the past - they extrapolated total viewing numbers based the tiny number of people that actually had a Nielsen box in their home. The growing number of streaming and DVRing viewers just throws these numbers further out of whack.

And for what its worth, I think the NFL is losing a huge number of viewers by not making the games available online. There was a South Park episode on a couple weeks ago, about how kids these days don't really watch TV like they used to. They called it the death of the living room, and I think they were spot on with it.

jjab360

Legend
I loved breaking bad but the walking dead has my vote for best TV show of all time.
Uhhh, no.

Most hyped TV show of all time, probably. I actually like the show but I get tired of the inconsistency and insanely slow pacing.

The best show of all time is probably the Wire with Game of Thrones quickly gaining.

Hawaii Ram

Rookie
Breaking bad was on another level I agree. Walking dead is insane as well but I hope it doesn't get stale with the same cycle (new bad guy, new location, one main character death). The whole terminus thing built up over a whole season and was burnt down in 1 episode. Hopefully they kinda follow the comics and they introduce the next bad guy who should be 20 times worse than the governor. The show needs it. Since we are on the topic of TV I honestly really loved sons of anarchy. Over 7 seasons it never ever really got boring to me and I feel that Kurt sutter's writing is genius. I could go on and on about TV but those are some of my favs.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
So you own a computer by a manufacturer I've barely heard of that IBM hired to make computers with its branding because IBM, the one time computer GIANT, couldn't compete with them? Exactly!

I don't really give a squirt of piss over who owns what or who's the best computer company. They're all built with roughly the same internals.

It's a very fast, and very good gaming computer. IBM, Lenovo, Tonka, Lego, whatever.
Can it overclock and not lag? That's all I care about. (y)

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Walking Dead rocks. Most SNF games have been a dull matchup. If it ain't the Rams I don't care really.

Huh?!? You have barely heard of Lenovo??? They are the largest maker of PCs in the world.

I agree IBM is on the downward spiral, but to act like Lenovo is below notice makes you lose credibility.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Huh?!? You have barely heard of Lenovo??? They are the largest maker of PCs in the world.

I agree IBM is on the downward spiral, but to act like Lenovo is below notice makes you lose credibility.

I honestly don't pay attention anymore. For my needs, almost anything will do.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I loved breaking bad but the walking dead has my vote for best TV show of all time.
I love the Walking Dead but my vote goes to Breaking Bad and by a mile. There are a lot of great television series these days.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
For the last couple of years the shows I consider best dramas:

1a) Breaking bad
1b) Game of thrones
2) house of cards
3 and quite a bit lower than the other 3) Walking dead

Admit not into : the wire, mad men, SoA, the goodwife (they are very good, but not my thing so do not watch them so not able to comment on them)

I think the WD is a great show, but it doesn't quite have the depth of character and level of stories that the other 3 above have.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This thread is awesome. Totally fits my ADD/Bipolar behavior...

To me the difference between Breaking Bad and the Walking Dead is that when I watched BB I had to keep my brain on and focus. With WD I get to turn off the brain and just sit back and watch. I love them both, for different reasons. As for Game of Thrones, I never understood the hype. I watched the first 3 seasons and pretty much thought it was ok. I found myself falling asleep on it quite a bit and re-watching most of the episodes to see what was missed. It was ok and if/when HBO has another free week where I can record season 4, I'll watch it.
Current shows I dig are Ray Donovan, House of Lies and Shameless on Showtime, and on various other channels I thought the Strain was awesome, Kingdom was a good watch and the Missing is particularly riveting. Hannibal on NBC is great too
Yes, I watch way too much tv, but its very helpful with my insomnia