Walking Dead vs SNF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

beej

Rookie
Walking Dead wins 5 out of 8 weeks. I don't know if that says more about the quality of zombie tv or zombie referees

http://yahoo.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201412/walking-dead-nfl-sunday-night-football

'The Walking Dead' Does Something No Cable Show Has Done In Three Decades
Monday, December 15, 2014 9:33 pm
Written by: ThePostGame StaffIt turns out the NFL, sports' modern-day television ratings king, is not unbeatable.

During the fall, the super popular AMC drama The Walking Dead scored higher ratings in the all-important 18-to-49-year-old demographic in five out of eight weeks while going against NBC's Sunday Night Football.

Even though the NFL's Sunday night contests haven't all been thrillers, this is a remarkable accomplishment for AMC.

Sports Illustrated media writer Richard Deitsch put the show's feat into perspective in his column this week:

"It’s a remarkable television feat given that the NFL simply does not get out-rated on Sundays, and it makes you wonder if other networks can glean something from AMC, short of creating a show about a zombie apocalypse."

- See more at: http://yahoo.thepostgame.com/blog/d...fl-sunday-night-football#sthash.InX9t3mn.dpuf

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I am usually watching the Walking Dead even though I also record it. Of course if the Rams were playing I would be watching them but to me, the Walking Dead is better than most football games and I'm generally kind of footballed out by the time the evening rolls around. BTW - it's SNF - not MNF. I can change that for you if you'd like.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Well Walking Dead has a greater following with both males and females, plus all the kids and teens that watch. While SNF really appeals to older men and fewer younger people.

Then again, SNF could be more creative in their games. Every year we mostly see the same matchups, and then people get tired of seeing those same teams, especially if they hate them.

beej

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am usually watching the Walking Dead even though I also record it. Of course if the Rams were playing I would be watching them but to me, the Walking Dead is better than most football games and I'm generally kind of footballed out by the time the evening rolls around. BTW - it's SNF - not MNF. I can change that for you if you'd like.
oops! yes please do.

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
I'd imagine if Game of Thrones was up against MNF, it would give the Football a run for no. 1

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
If Walking Dead is as good as Breaking Bad was( I haven't watched any episodes yet) I would watch the show first over the game. Breaking Bad was the best TV show I've ever watched, hands down, and it would take precedence over any NFL game that didn't involve the Rams....

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
If Walking Dead is as good as Breaking Bad was( I haven't watched any episodes yet) I would watch the show first over the game. Breaking Bad was the best TV show I've ever watched, hands down, and it would take precedence over any NFL game that didn't involve the Rams....

I loved breaking bad but the walking dead has my vote for best TV show of all time.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Completely different show but for my money it is as good and maybe even better. Tough call though. I REALLY liked Breaking Bad even though the subject matter and characters shouldn't have been even bearable.

psxpaul

Rookie
Name
Paul
Since this is based on Nielson ratings numbers, this is pretty much meaningless. People under the age of 40 are getting their content over the internet more and more, and the Nielson numbers don't reflect that. Nielson ratings are way down across the board for this very reason.

As a 31 year old, I haven't had cable or satellite in three or four years. Many of my friends are the same way, getting 100% of their content through Netflix/Hulu/iTunes/etc. Cable prices keep going up, while more content is going online. Broadcast television is pretty much doomed to fail at this point. The CEO of Netflix even projected that Broadcast TV will be dead by 2030 (link). I can't wait until the NFL figures this out, and starts selling online streaming packages.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
90% of the time I enjoy the walking dead way more. However I watch it after the SNF game TBH

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I loved breaking bad but the walking dead has my vote for best TV show of all time.

I don't like either one. The zombie genre has never interested me. Always thought it was kind of stupid and hard to believe. But that's just my personal opinion.

Nothing wrong with Breaking Bad, it just didn't hook me. Felt the same way about Mad Men.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
:barefoot::barefoot::barefoot::barefoot::coffee::coffee::coffee:O
Completely different show but for my money it is as good and maybe even better. Tough call though. I REALLY liked Breaking Bad even though the subject matter and characters shouldn't have been even bearable.
OK, I went on a BB binge when I kept hearing about how good it was, looks like I might have to do it again. Just don't want to get pneumonia this time to make it happen again....

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I don't like either one. The zombie genre has never interested me. Always thought it was kind of stupid and hard to believe. But that's just my personal opinion.

Nothing wrong with Breaking Bad, it just didn't hook me. Felt the same way about Mad Men.
With you on Mad Men. Just never got into it. We had a thread talking about TV shows. Maybe I'll bump it if I can find it. It was how I found out about a few really good shows.

@PowayRamFan - We did the same thing when we first heard about Walking Dead and Breaking Bad. Now it sucks cuz we have to wait a whole week between shows and it is in intermission now too. Don't know how we did it before Netflix and the internet.o_O

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
SNF has about, let's say, two million fans between the two teams' fan bases + the casual observers (and that's being generous)
Walking dead has 32 million fans (just on facebook) in the U.S., and it's a global television show. It seems a no-brainer to me.

Win1-4Ned

Rookie
Well Walking Dead has a greater following with both males and females, plus all the kids and teens that watch. While SNF really appeals to older men and fewer younger people.

Then again, SNF could be more creative in their games. Every year we mostly see the same matchups, and then people get tired of seeing those same teams, especially if they hate them.
How many times are they going to show the mediocre NFC East teams play each other? The marketing of that conference vs. its actual relativity in the last decade is greatly askew. There are many reasons why I think the NFL has diminished as a product and one of them is the constant manufactured drama of which the Cowboys are the drama queens.
As far as the Walking Dead, I checked out a few seasons ago. Zombies are alright, but they really struggled with the plot and character development which is too bad because I really liked the first half of the first season. I understand it's pretty much as popular as ever, though, so they must be doing something right.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Walking Dead rocks. Most SNF games have been a dull matchup. If it ain't the Rams I don't care really.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Since this is based on Nielson ratings numbers, this is pretty much meaningless. People under the age of 40 are getting their content over the internet more and more, and the Nielson numbers don't reflect that. Nielson ratings are way down across the board for this very reason.

As a 31 year old, I haven't had cable or satellite in three or four years. Many of my friends are the same way, getting 100% of their content through Netflix/Hulu/iTunes/etc. Cable prices keep going up, while more content is going online. Broadcast television is pretty much doomed to fail at this point. The CEO of Netflix even projected that Broadcast TV will be dead by 2030 (link). I can't wait until the NFL figures this out, and starts selling online streaming packages.

So what are you saying? That you think even more people are watching Walking Dead? Even if they are watching it via Hulu, they can't watch it live so you can't really measure ratings comparably anymore.

And since you can't watch the NFL via those new streaming outlets ratings are still pretty relevant to football. One thing is for certain, More people are definitely watching the walking dead than the NFL on Sundays.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I live where close to where Robert Kirkman, creator Walking Dead, was born and lives. I've never really watched it.