Waiver Wire (Players of Interest?)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Just curious if anyone has seen any players being released by other teams to meet tommorow's deadline that might interest the Rams. I am guessing there will be a lot more interest after the 2nd cuts (Friday?) but there might be a few players who are being released during this 1st phase that the Rams might consider signing.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
paceram said:
Just curious if anyone has seen any players being released by other teams to meet tommorow's deadline that might interest the Rams. I am guessing there will be a lot more interest after the 2nd cuts (Friday?) but there might be a few players who are being released during this 1st phase that the Rams might consider signing.

Gotta think they'll be looking at practically EVERY offensive tackle that gets released.

Anonymous

RamFan503 said:
paceram said:

Gotta think they'll be looking at practically EVERY offensive tackle that gets released.

When has anyone ever found a decent OT on waivers?

If someone comes up with this strange rare exception I will just go "exception." :cool:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Well, they really don't have to pick up a decent OT, just one better than what we currently have on the roster. :sly:

Seriously, we are much more likely to find a "decent" one tucked away on someone's practice squad. That's more like stealing but I like it. :hehe:

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am probably wrong but don't teams have to waive players before they sign them to their practice squads?

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I know one guy I would not take at Tackle is Hunter from the Jets. He is like a revolving door for DEs into the backfield. He probably will be watching the Jets play via DirecTV. :cheese:

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
zn said:
RamFan503 said:
paceram said:

If someone comes up with this strange rare exception I will just go "exception." :cool:

We just need more depth/competition there. Im also expecting us to be looking at safeties that get cut.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Chad Clifton...unless he retired.

Edit: Think Fisher will put in a claim for Vince Young? :ww:

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
MontanaRamFan said:
PhxRam said:
can always get Alex Baaron

Yeah, a bunch of posters on PD want the Rams to give him a looksie! :ahahah:

Oh I'm sure there are. There are also a lot of posters on that site that should be locked in a padded room before they hurt themselves.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I'd be happy if they looked up Jeff Otah. PFT did a blurb on how he's diligently working on getting in shape and returning to rookie form. Sure there's some injury risk there, but on a 1-year deal there isn't much to lose.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Warner4Prez said:
I'd be happy if they looked up Jeff Otah. PFT did a blurb on how he's diligently working on getting in shape and returning to rookie form. Sure there's some injury risk there, but on a 1-year deal there isn't much to lose.

I agree with that. Otah is one of the best right tackles in football when he's healthy.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
zn said:
RamFan503 said:
paceram said:

I'm ok with you calling exception. :cool:

I'm not kidding myself that we are going to find someone special. But I'm still going to guess they will be looking at whatever is released - especially from those who might be stacked at the position. And practice squads? With our talent level at that position, let's just say I would be far less than surprised if we scooped someone up off a practice squad as well. Richardson and Hunter both would likely be waiver wire victims with other teams. It's not a stretch at all that some team will be forced to waive someone better.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
RamFan503 said:
zn said:
RamFan503 said:
paceram said:

I'm ok with you calling exception. :cool:

I'm not kidding myself that we are going to find someone special. But I'm still going to guess they will be looking at whatever is released - especially from those who might be stacked at the position. And practice squads? With our talent level at that position, let's just say I would be far less than surprised if we scooped someone up off a practice squad as well. Richardson and Hunter both would likely be waiver wire victims with other teams. It's not a stretch at all that some team will be forced to waive someone better.

Jared Gaither, starting left tackle of the San Diego Chargers is one example.

xander47

Rookie
Jim Thomas ‏@jthom1
Rams claim DE Mason Brodine (6-7, 255), second year from Nebraska-Kearney off waivers from Oakland. Waive WR Mike Campbell.

Anyone know anything about this guy? Is he just another spot guy since there are injuries on the DL

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
RamFan503 said:
DR RAM said:
Jared Gaither, starting left tackle of the San Diego Chargers is one example.

I call exception! :tooth:
lol. That would be a major exception! I'm sure it could happen, just not likely. What we have is what we will probably go to war with. I'm holding judgement on our new tackle, until I see him play for the Rams.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
xander47 said:
Jim Thomas ‏@jthom1
Rams claim DE Mason Brodine (6-7, 255), second year from Nebraska-Kearney off waivers from Oakland. Waive WR Mike Campbell.

Anyone know anything about this guy? Is he just another spot guy since there are injuries on the DL
I don't know him, but we are legitimately looking for one more DE besides Sims,,,IMHO, I don't think Hays has a lot left in the tank.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Doesn't seem to be much out there on him, other than he got picked up as a UDFA last year and didn't see much action.