Wagoner’s Rams Buzz: Rams Have Options at RB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
That seemed just like a "great value at the pick" pick. Which is also what I thought about the Donald pick rather than either being about lack of confidence in those already there.

Donald was a very high rated player,,, one that would be very hard to pass up. I don't believe Mason is in the same class.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
That seemed just like a "great value at the pick" pick. Which is also what I thought about the Donald pick rather than either being about lack of confidence in those already there.
I think this nails it. We can fill holes with also rans all day long but the key that this regime seems to embrace is that when a real player is there, you take him. I maybe in the minority but I think there is a fine line in the NFL between starter and 2nd stringer. We are at a point where though we have weaknesses, taking a REAL player at any position player is far more important to strength than taking a mediocre player because you have a perceived need. Having big time players on the field makes lesser talents less of a problem and EVERY team has lesser talents.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
I wouldn't say that. If Pead wins the competition at RB... I'd expect to see him taking snaps with the offense and not just playing special teams.

All I'm saying is that drafting Mason when they did gives me the impression that our decision makers felt we needed some serious help in the RB Dept. Both Cunningham and Pead should feel some serious heat on their asses as a result.

I think they just want a "stable" of good backs, so that we have serious depth and redundancy in the RB Dept. We are going to run the ball, and then we are going to run it some more.

This team is getting stacked with depth. Sprains, strains, (and automobiles), breaks and aches can be countered by plug and play substitution.....And competition breeds excellence.

The only way I see Sam Bradford finding uber success in the passing game is if teams fear every rb lined up behind him. Our running back corps is almost as unfairly stacked as our D-line.

Its about being deep man. Deeper that Jack Handy. Deeper than Randy Travis singing Deeper than Holler. Deeper than James Earl Jones.

Go Rams!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Donald was a very high rated player,,, one that would be very hard to pass up. I don't believe Mason is in the same class.
Not the same class by any stretch IMO but quality at that draft position? Probably so.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Still like Pead...even a lil more than Stacy...I really like Benny C. I need to see Mason on the NFL level. I sure wanted them to draft Isiah Crowell...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I think they just want a "stable" of good backs, so that we have serious depth .......

Its about being deep man. Deeper that Jack Handy. Deeper than Randy Travis singing Deeper than Holler. Deeper than James Earl Jones.

Go Rams!

"Deeper than the sea floor traveled by the mantis".... ever heard of that one? showing my age huh?

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
I'm excited to see what Mason, Pead, and Cunningham do during the preseason. Still holding out hope for Pead.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I feel like Mason is a nice insurance policy in the case ZS gets hurt, but at the same time he could take over the role we wanted Pead to fill if Pead can't get it right this year. I definitely like Pead better as our change of pace RB just to take stretchs, tosses, and screens and pound it up the middle with Stacy and Mason.