Wagoner’s Rams Buzz: Greg Robinson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend

ESPN.com Rams reporter Nick Wagoner says a player to watch when organized team activities get underway is second overall pick Greg Robinson. They plan on playing him at LG, but would he be an option for LT if Jake Long isn’t ready to start the season? Robinson needs to be ready to play inside, a place he never played in college. (1:07)

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really hope Robinson isnt forced outside this year. Think it would be really beneficial to allow him to stay inside all year

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
I really hope Robinson isnt forced outside this year. Think it would be really beneficial to allow him to stay inside all year
Agreed. I say Saffold to LT w either Joseph, Washington, or Jones @ RG til Long is ready. Rodger has nothing to learn like the others would, especially Robinson.

FRO

Legend
I really want both Saffold and Robinson at OG. It would give us 2 awesome OGs to run behind. Saffold at RG was instrumental to our late season run game success. When he moved back to LT we struggled to run. If either had to move I would pick Saffold because I believe he is the better LT right now. We just need Jake healthy and at 2013 form, minus the Dallas game.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I still think GRob makes his way to LT much earlier than expected. Wouldn't be surprised to see Long get kicked inside when he comes back - might keep him a bit healthier inside anyway.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I still think GRob makes his way to LT much earlier than expected. Wouldn't be surprised to see Long get kicked inside when he comes back - might keep him a bit healthier inside anyway.
Worked for Saffold, right? lol

FRO

Legend
That's a super tall OG. It would be hard for a QB to see over him.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'm not worried about Long. He'll be back and won't be a victim of "friendly fire" with that anchor of a man, Robinson, lining up next to him. Long was clipped multiple times last year by his own guy before tearing his knee.

nighttrain

Legend

ESPN.com Rams reporter Nick Wagoner says a player to watch when organized team activities get underway is second overall pick Greg Robinson. They plan on playing him at LG, but would he be an option for LT if Jake Long isn’t ready to start the season? Robinson needs to be ready to play inside, a place he never played in college. (1:07)

feel the very same
train

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
The only way I see that happening is if they are absolutely sure GR's pass blocking skills are up to NFL par.

Luckily, we have an offensive line coach we can all trust in such a judgment.

FRO

Legend
Now next year if Greg looks like he is ready to take the reigns and Jake still has some game left in him I would move him to RT and put Greg at LT.

Next year with Long being cuttable and Barksdale being a free agent, we may be in the market for linemen again in the draft.