Wagoner’s Rams Buzz: Bradford and Long’s Recovery

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Take it for what its worth, but at the Pre-Draft event they held for Season Ticket holders, both Bradford and Long were there, and they both looked to be in terrific shape. Snead even joked about Jake Long "running" up the steps to the stage. They made a big deal out of the new equipment the training staff purchased that has aided in both of their rehabs.

It allows them to "run" on a treadmill that also supports most of their body weight, lessening the load on the joint.

All indications from the appearance, that they BOTH are well ahead of schedule. That being said, limiting Long's reps in training camp was something they did LAST year, and would fully expect they are even more cautious come July/August this year.

Are they put in a harness over a treadmill? I've done something like this before when I had to learn how to walk again after a spinal surgery, but mine was on a treadmill that was submerged in a pool.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Are they put in a harness over a treadmill? I've done something like this before when I had to learn how to walk again after a spinal surgery, but mine was on a treadmill that was submerged in a pool.
It's called a zero gravity treadmill. It looked like the were in a harness which took most of their body weight off the joint and allowed them to start running quite a bit sooner in the rehab process than before.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
That is what it is ... or at least something similar. Rams COULD have something even more advanced, but basically the same thing

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I think Long will be fine this year. A huge problem was "friendly fire" last year because the LG's couldn't hold their own and clipped Long multiple times. Robinson is a huge get.