Wagoner’s Rams Buzz: Bradford and Long’s Recovery

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend

Rams reporter Nick Wagoner talks about the progression of Sam Bradford and Jake Long returning from injuries. :)42)

rdw

Pro Bowler
I love the post dispatch's coverage of the Rams this year! They always keep us up to date on.... wait.. Nevermind.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Well at least it wasn't bad news but I was hoping for a little more meat:sleep:

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
From everything I have seen and heard, Bradford will be fine. It's Long that I'm still worried about. We never get a clear story on him.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I love the post dispatch's coverage of the Rams this year! They always keep us up to date on.... wait.. Nevermind.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Nick Wagoner doesn't work for the PD. Btw I've had some limited net interaction with him and he seems like a good dude. Talked him into joining RRF back in the day, will try to get him over here to ROD as well.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Correct me if I'm wrong but Nick Wagoner doesn't work for the PD. Btw I've had some limited net interaction with him and he seems like a good dude. Talked him into joining RRF back in the day, will try to get him over here to ROD as well.
Yeah, Nick's a good guy. He'll respond to direct questions on Twitter and whatnot. I saw him join the PD and respond to a post once (he has one post there because of it) when someone (pick a moron) misquoted him and then proceeded to blast the erroneous quote they themselves offered up.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
From everything I have seen and heard, Bradford will be fine. It's Long that I'm still worried about. We never get a clear story on him.
Take it for what its worth, but at the Pre-Draft event they held for Season Ticket holders, both Bradford and Long were there, and they both looked to be in terrific shape. Snead even joked about Jake Long "running" up the steps to the stage. They made a big deal out of the new equipment the training staff purchased that has aided in both of their rehabs.

It allows them to "run" on a treadmill that also supports most of their body weight, lessening the load on the joint.

All indications from the appearance, that they BOTH are well ahead of schedule. That being said, limiting Long's reps in training camp was something they did LAST year, and would fully expect they are even more cautious come July/August this year.

rdw

Pro Bowler
Sorry, I should have posted in blue font...

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Take it for what its worth, but at the Pre-Draft event they held for Season Ticket holders, both Bradford and Long were there, and they both looked to be in terrific shape. Snead even joked about Jake Long "running" up the steps to the stage. They made a big deal out of the new equipment the training staff purchased that has aided in both of their rehabs.

It allows them to "run" on a treadmill that also supports most of their body weight, lessening the load on the joint.

All indications from the appearance, that they BOTH are well ahead of schedule. That being said, limiting Long's reps in training camp was something they did LAST year, and would fully expect they are even more cautious come July/August this year.

Good to hear. If they are both on schedule then we have a top notch OL from game one to protect Bradford.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame

OK, I accept that two guys look good in suits or whatever. I also believe that Bradford is ahead of Long in his recovery. I posted 6 or so weeks ago that I believed long would not start game 1 of the regular season. Do I have a medical reason to justify my opinion? Nope, I just happen to believe that the stresses upon Long's knees during his battles at the line of scrimmage are significantly greater than the stresses placed upon a QB's in the normal course of events. I might be "all wet" on my impressions, but only time and circumstances will tell.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I understand why people worry about Long not being ready in time but I'm not. Medicine is getting better and better and rehabbing knees, like the zero gravity treadmills, and recovery time is down to 7 months with Peterson being a freak and playing 6 months after surgery. But Long is 300+ pounds and has to anchor against defensive lines you say, linemen can wear big old knee braces that QBs, running backs, and WRS cant get away with wearing. Long will play some in preseason and be ready for the season.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
OK, I accept that two guys look good in suits or whatever. I also believe that Bradford is ahead of Long in his recovery. I posted 6 or so weeks ago that I believed long would not start game 1 of the regular season. Do I have a medical reason to justify my opinion? Nope, I just happen to believe that the stresses upon Long's knees during his battles at the line of scrimmage are significantly greater than the stresses placed upon a QB's in the normal course of events. I might be "all wet" on my impressions, but only time and circumstances will tell.

So I guess you missed the part where I said take this for what its worth. And btw. they weren't in suits, they were dressed quite causally. And when the Head Trainer and Head Coach stand up in public in front of 2000+ Season Ticket holders, the last thing I expect to hear from them is just telling us what we all want to hear, knowing that it wasn't true.

They have absolutely nothing to gain from even commenting on them being ahead of schedule (to people who have already renewed their tickets), and could have just as easily said something to the effect that they were "hopeful" and that "they have been doing everything they can to get them ready". That's NOT what was said. It was more like "barring any UNEXPECTED setbackss" in his rehab, he is "ahead of schedule".

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well at least it wasn't bad news but I was hoping for a little more meat:sleep:

how much meat can they offer in 40 seconds? espn and detailed analysis don't mix, unless it's about brady/manning/jets/you get my drift.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
So I guess you missed the part where I said take this for what its worth. And btw. they weren't in suits, they were dressed quite causally. And when the Head Trainer and Head Coach stand up in public in front of 2000+ Season Ticket holders, the last thing I expect to hear from them is just telling us what we all want to hear, knowing that it wasn't true.

They have absolutely nothing to gain from even commenting on them being ahead of schedule (to people who have already renewed their tickets), and could have just as easily said something to the effect that they were "hopeful" and that "they have been doing everything they can to get them ready". That's NOT what was said. It was more like "barring any UNEXPECTED setbackss" in his rehab, he is "ahead of schedule".

Sorry, I guess you've mistaken my comments as being directed towards your post....instead, they were generic in nature and meant broadly to the subject at hand.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Sorry, I guess you've mistaken my comments as being directed towards your post....instead, they were generic in nature and meant broadly to the subject at hand.

you QUOTED my post, why in the world would I have thought it wasn't directed at me?

FRO

Legend
Long's health is the key to our offensive success this year. Our strength on paper is our line. Having a line that can potentially dominate makes everything better. Hope that is the case this year.