Wagoner's Insider Report: Will Pass Pro Problems Continue?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
ESPN’s Nick Wagoner joined Kevin Wheeler to talk about the struggles of last night, the pass D, the lack of push generated by the defense, the struggles on the O-line, and the situation at RB.

Listen to Wagoner's Rams Report

SierraRam

Recreational User
We got fooled on several stunts, but once again, our man Joe Barksdale was strong. Most of the outside pressure was from the blindside when SF put a speed rushing LB on Long or blitzed against Harkey or Mason. Barksdale was his usual, reliable solid-self.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
How did Robinson look in Pass protection? I haven't had the stomach to watch the replay yet.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Thanks Boston!! Fish has said he has been putting the work in. We might just have something here.

jjab360

Legend
He actually looked better in pass protection than in the run game IMO. He looked solid.
Agreed, he looked solid all around and that says a lot considering he was going up against possibly the second best 3-4 DE in the game. Like I said before the draft, he might be raw but it's just so tough to get around or move this guy like you want to when he's so ridiculously athletic and powerful. That's why we drafted him and that's why he's going to be one of the best Olinemen in the game one day.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
We got fooled on several stunts, but once again, our man Joe Barksdale was strong. Most of the outside pressure was from the blindside when SF put a speed rushing LB on Long or blitzed against Harkey or Mason. Barksdale was his usual, reliable solid-self.
They need to go ahead and lock up Barksdale, he has been great at RT! With Robinson hopefully progressing this year he will be the LT after they cut Long the rams will need a LG and and a C.

V3

Hall of Fame
He's by far, our best O-lineman. I'm not sure how I feel about that. He's about to get PAID! If he leaves, may God have mercy on our QB next year. We'd need a C, OG, and RT. All we have are Robinson and Saffold and who knows if Saffold will hold up. BTW, was Saffold injured in the game? I know he came out but I don't know why.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
He's by far, our best O-lineman. I'm not sure how I feel about that. He's about to get PAID! If he leaves, may God have mercy on our QB next year. We'd need a C, OG, and RT. All we have are Robinson and Saffold and who knows if Saffold will hold up. BTW, was Saffold injured in the game? I know he came out but I don't know why.
Equipment issue with his shoe.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Agreed, he looked solid all around and that says a lot considering he was going up against possibly the second best 3-4 DE in the game. Like I said before the draft, he might be raw but it's just so tough to get around or move this guy like you want to when he's so ridiculously athletic and powerful. That's why we drafted him and that's why he's going to be one of the best Olinemen in the game one day.

I was in the Matthews camp but have been pleasantly surprised with his pass protection. Slightly disappointed in the run blocking but I know that will come. Looking back and with Robinson's upside, Im starting to like this pick over Matthews now.