Wagoner’s Hot Topics: Rams May Get Pass Rush Going

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
ESPN Rams reporter Nick Wagoner says the team’s lack of pass rush is, in part, because opponents have run effectively. The Eagles’ offense should feature more passing and allow for more pass-rush opportunities.

Watch Wagoner's Rams Hot Topics

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I hope they try a bunch of 5- and 7-step drops. I also hope the refs decide that the holding rule applies to LTs lined up against Robert Quinn, too.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
Jumping out to a early lead would make them pass even more and this is when our D-line should excell. A 5-6 sack game with a couple picks sure would be nice to get our defense rolling.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I want to see good run defense. Do that and the Eagles' offense isn't so amazing. They're downright scary when they run, so that is really the key to this game.

Rams offense should move the ball just fine, key there will be avoiding turnovers. Davis needs to put it up when it's appropriate and try to avoid TDs to the secondary and they'll be good.

Last but not least the special teams are a big deal. Coverage teams need to be ready, the Eagles have great return teams.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I hope they try a bunch of 5- and 7-step drops. I also hope the refs decide that the holding rule applies to LTs lined up against Robert Quinn, too.

Excellent point, DCH.

It would be refreshing to see a balanced and well called game by the zebras for a change.

Then we could concentrate on just outplaying the Eagles.

Hopefully, the league office has notified the refs that their job is to only call what they SEE the Ram players do. And that it's okay to call a blatant hold against the Eagles from time to time. Lol.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
We haven't gotten sacks because we're not getting holding calls. NFL told the refs to not let our pass rush wreck the year for the pretty teams.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I predicted JJ would start jumping the short routes for INTs. (what do I win?!)

I don't care if the Rams get a single sack all season. Pressure the passer constantly and stop the run and let the secondary rob them over and over because every route will be short.

10 points for the Cowboys came directly from bad calls and missed calls. I have to believe Fisher went off on the NFL. It wasn't the worst called game I've seen, but it's up there. They stole a win and that's why I'm feeling pretty good about the Eagles game.

DON'T call the fabricated roughing the passer and DO call the face mask tackle on the big pass TD and the Rams are dominating that game. The 3 and out the Refs gave away was devastating. That change of possession changes everything. Rams wouldn't be trying to force the ball downfield.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't agree with Wagoner that the reason our Pass attach isn't working well is because of opponents rushing attach! I tend to believe that a lot of it has to do with the opponents are using a 'Quick release' passing attach, which cuts down on our pass rushers time to get to the QB! That and, of course, a LOT of BS, non penalties, called on us. And, let's see, HOW MANY WAYS ARE THE REF'S GOING TO ALLOW QUINN TO BE HELD!! I also think we need to get more push up the middle from our D. I think Donald can, and well provide that!!

anode8

Professional lurker, occasional poster.
Name
Ron
[QUOTE="

Last but not least the special teams are a big deal. Coverage teams need to be ready, the Eagles have great return teams.[/QUOTE]

Coverage teams are one of the Rams strengths. It doesn't always stand out in the stats, but special teams play is quite possibly the biggest difference that Fisher has made as coach. The Rams should not give up 2 scores the way a weak 49'ers special teams unit did last week.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Any audio engineers here? Nick, could certainly use your services :)