Wagoner: Rams May Add WR Damian Williams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
so this guy is gonna replace Quick immediately or something? so I see baileys not gonna get his shot on the outside. or Tavon possible trying the outside. the season is done so now is the time to get the young players all the experience they can on the field. this is absolutely stupid IMO
:palm:

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I agree the idea you pose is stupid, but I also don't think that's the way things will play out. I believe Bailey and Austin will get their shots!!
just really hope I see Britt Bailey and Austin out there together next week lined up as real recievers

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
So who are we cutting for him? Not a big fan of Williams, but he's OK.

We have to cut somebody for him, and somebody else has to be cut when Long comes back in the next couple weeks.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Rams signed WR Damian Williams.

Coach Jeff Fisher can't quit the former Titans. A third-round pick by Fisher in 2010, Williams played one snap for the Dolphins this season before getting cut last week. He'll help fill in as depth and on special teams after the Rams lost Brian Quick (shoulder) for the season. Williams can play inside and outside.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
So who are we cutting for him? Not a big fan of Williams, but he's OK.

We have to cut somebody for him, and somebody else has to be cut when Long comes back in the next couple weeks.

The St. Louis Rams announced Wednesday that they have signed WR Damian Williams to their active roster, per Nick Wagoner.

• To make room for Williams, the Rams placed CB Jemea Thomas on waivers.
  • The Rams also released WR Kadron Boone from practice squad, per Wagoner.
  • Rams promote OL Brandon Washington to their active roster earlier in the day.
Williams, 26, is a former third-round pick of the Titans. He spent the first four seasons of his career in Tennessee before he signed a one-year contract with the Dolphins back in April.

However, Williams was unable to make the Dolphins final 53-man roster coming out of the preseason and was ultimately released. His best season came in 2011 when he recorded 45 catches for 592 yards and five touchdowns.

Thomas, 24, was taken in the sixth round by the Patriots this past May. He lasted just a few months with the team before he was placed on waivers and later claimed by the Cowboys.

St. Louis later added him to their practice in September. He has appeared in one game this season, but hasn’t recorded a single statistic.

http://nfltraderumors.co/rams-sign-wr-damian-williams-cut-cb-jemea-thomas/

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I remember thinking he was gonna be good coming out of USC :oops:

wasn't he considered a really good route runner?

@jrry32 what do you think of this guy?

Probably being brought in more for special teams than anything if we sign him.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm thinking that Williams could definitely teach Tavon more about running routes. He's better than most of the options out there (and personally, I'd say he's on par with Givens), he can play special teams, and he brings a fifth guy to the table now that Quick is out. Good move by the Rams.

lockdnram21

Legend
I'm thinking that Williams could definitely teach Tavon more about running routes. He's better than most of the options out there (and personally, I'd say he's on par with Givens), he can play special teams, and he brings a fifth guy to the table now that Quick is out. Good move by the Rams.
Wagoner said on twitter he's special teams and fifth receiver. So he probably want get any snaps on offense