Wagoner: Pettis Pushing for Bigger Role

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I went back and watched every time Pettis was targeted.

He's a better receiver than I gave him credit. He rarely dropped catch-able balls. Some really impressive catches.

It seemed most of the misses boiled down to the O line or, less often, a bad decision by Bradford.

He does seem a little slow for a wide out. The comparison to Proehl seems fitting. He could certainly be a reliable clutch/red zone player at 4-5.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamzFanz said:
I went back and watched every time Pettis was targeted.

He's a better receiver than I gave him credit. He rarely dropped catch-able balls. Some really impressive catches.

It seemed most of the misses boiled down to the O line or, less often, a bad decision by Bradford.

He does seem a little slow for a wide out. The comparison to Proehl seems fitting. He could certainly be a reliable clutch/red zone player at 4-5.
Yeah, I agree. I don't know how he'll fit in yet, but if he ends up being the #4 or #5 on this team, then we're all set at the position for at least 3 years.

F. Mulder

Starter
Good teams need someone like Pettis (assuming his progress is real and not just one of those feel-good offseason stories that goes nowhere once the actual season starts).

He needs to be a role player who is put in positions to make "big" plays; third down WR, RZ target. That guy who at the end of the year seemed to produce more than his actual numbers. Despite his big frame he seems like a long strider who needs time to get into top gear. He isn't sudden. What will make him dangerous is his ability to run crisp routes. I think the Proehl comparison is possible and most Ram fans would be happy having a #4/5 guy who can produce like that.