Wagoner/JT Tweets: Barrett Jones Works with 1's at OC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Nick Wagoner ‏@nwagoner

Also, during one on one passing drills, DB's held tennis balls as receivers ran routes in effort to get in habit of keeping hands off WRs.

The idea obviously being to cut down on DPI and illegal contact. DBs allowed to drop tennis balls to make play on the ball in the air.

A couple of interesting twists on drills:During O-line individual,OL separated the crowd and spent time pushing each other uphill among fans

Number one offensive line looked same as yesterday with a noticeable exception: Barrett Jones got work with first team at center.

Again, #Rams still not in pads but top defense continues to control the action against top offense.

List of non participants similar to yesterday: S Bryant, FB Jones, LB Millard, DE S. Brown, DL Westbrooks, C Wells, OT J. Long, DE Hayes.

DE Michael Sam also had a good showing. Beat OT Sean Hooey repeatedly in team as well as one on one pass rush drills.

Good day for WR Stedman Bailey, who continues to create separation. Still no pads on but a nice double move for a TD against Brandon McGee.

A couple players limped off for various reasons. CB Joyner exited but returned. CB Johnson,WR Blake also left early but didn't return.

#Rams off the practice field Saturday evening. Cloud cover saves the day, no problems with heat. Practice No. 2 in the books.

Jim Thomas ‏@jthom1

WRs Kenny Britt, Tavon Austin made flashy plays in practice. With Britt using his frame on one play to come back and grab a contested ball.

Not practicing Sat. for Rams: FB Kadeem Jones, C Scott Wells, LB Johnny Millard, DE Sammy Brown.

DE Michael Sam was very impressive working at left end in 11-on-11 team drills, albeit against backup players.

CB Trumaine Johnson left field during 7-on-7 drills with possible leg tweak. Didn't appear to be anything serious.

TE Justice Cunningham, who is trying to make the roster as fourth TE (Mike McNeill former spot) was limping noticeably late in practice.

Once again, the Rams had Greg Robinson at LT and Rodger Saffold at LG with the starting unit in practice Sat.

Starting defensive line has had some problems with Bradford's hard count first two days of practice, jumping offsides several times.

Undrafted rookie Deantre Harlan, an undrafted rookie DT from Bacone College in Muskogee, Okla., has shown some interior quickness.

TGZ

Rookie
Name
Dylan
The longer Westbrooks and Sammy Brown are missing practice, the better the chances of Michael Sam making the Rams get.

jjab360

Legend
That's what I wanted to hear. Jones looked like a stud at C going up against the toughest opponents possible in college football. Could definitely be our long term solution.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Seems like Barrett Jones will be given every opportunity to work his way into... the 53? the 47? the starting C? Barnes was with the #1s yesterday. Jones today? Where is Wells??

Alan

Legend
junkman looking for a deep subject:
Seems like Barrett Jones will be given every opportunity to work his way into... the 53? the 47? the starting C? Barnes was with the #1s yesterday. Jones today? Where is Wells??
Probably a step back in his recovery or a new tweak. What else could it be if he's there but not playing?

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I don't think Sam is going anywhere. Sounds like he's getting it done on the field.

Man, this team just wreaks of talent.

Haven't heard much on Givens. I'm starting to wonder if he's washing out.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Wells I never been impressed since he has been a Ram. Sorry ass player he has been,

Dude... you OK? Did you quit smoking, bad night with the wife, or just a really crappy time in your life? You've never been über negative like the last two posts I've seen from u.

Wells just needs to stay healthy. He took a pay cut to stay, that says a lot to me.

Dude... you OK? Did you quit smoking, bad night with the wife, or just a really crappy time in your life? You've never been über negative like the last two posts I've seen from u.

Wells just needs to stay healthy. He took a pay cut to stay, that says a lot to me.

Much more eloquent than I put it.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

grob needs long and wells next to him to make his transition to the nfl as smooth as possible.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The longer Westbrooks and Sammy Brown are missing practice, the better the chances of Michael Sam making the Rams get.

My availability has been limited of late... I thought Westbrooks was placed on an injury list?

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

SierraRam

Recreational User

grob needs long and wells next to him to make his transition to the nfl as smooth as possible.

I agree, but lining up Robinson and Saffold on the left side yesterday caught my eye. If that's the future, we're gonna hurt people!

Alan

Legend
CGI_Ram needing a memory jog:
My availability has been limited of late... I thought Westbrooks was placed on an injury list?
Yes.
"(7/22/14) The Rams put safety Christian Bryant (ankle) and defensive tackle Ethan Westbrooks on the non-football injury list. They can be removed at any time and start practicing."

Alan

Legend
mr.stlouis with this understatement:
I don't think Sam is going anywhere. Sounds like he's getting it done on the field.

Man, this team just wreaks of talent.
If anyone thinks that we'll be able to hide one of our D-line prospects on the PS they're smoking stuff they should be sharing with me. There's a good chance that any D-line player we think is good enough to be put on our PS could either be a starter or decent backup for some other teams in the league. That's as of right now, before any injuries hit the D-lines of other teams. Wave goodbye to any D-line player who doesn't make our 53. :(

VARam

If anyone thinks that we'll be able to hide one of our D-line prospects on the PS they're smoking stuff they should be sharing with me. There's a good chance that any D-line player we think is good enough to be put on our PS could either be a starter or decent backup for some other teams in the league. That's as of right now, before any injuries hit the D-lines of other teams. Wave goodbye to any D-line player who doesn't make our 53. :(

an embarrassment of riches. What a difference a competent front office and coaching staff..not to mention the scouting department, can make.