Wagoner Chat Highlights: No on Britt, Donald, Mack

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Well - I for one saw it as refreshing that the Rams actually had a guy targeted that they thought could make a real difference and they actually went and got him. Say what you will but I really wanted a player that could make me excited each and every time I thought the ball was going to go to him. And that player was TA. I wanted him in horns more than a #1 receiver even though I thought Patterson filled that particular bill (#1 receiver) better and we wouldn't have to trade up to get him.

It's probably why a lot of guys are so much in the Watkins camp. I get it. They are probably looking at the same things I was looking at in TA.

Now add to that I think his rookie year showed that he was well worth the move. One player that can give you field position on returns, can be brought out of the backfield and take it to the house, and can line up at WR and also take it to the house on virtually any play. We needed one of those and we got potentially the best to be coming out in years.

850 yards, 6 TDs as a rookie - not to mention a couple huge plays called back for either bullshit calls or stupid penalties and we're complaining about trading up to #8? I personally applaud the move.

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
Nobody is denying Austin's big play potential. But we paid a lot for that potential. I'd rather have had Patterson + Warford than Austin + no second round pick.

But maybe that's just me.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Nobody is denying Austin's big play potential. But we paid a lot for that potential. I'd rather have had Patterson + Warford than Austin + no second round pick.

Yep. Just you. :p:D

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Just wait a year...:sneaky:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
A bit of clarification:
When I said that Jackson was this years Warford it was mainly referring to the fact that I wanted the Rams to draft Warford last year, as I would like for them to draft Jackson this year.

I'd love it if the Rams had the opportunity to draft Su'a-Filo, but I don't think he'll still be there when they pick in the second round. So Jackson seems like a realistic option.
Su'a-filo is someone we could target at the bottom of the first rd...for instance if we trade with Cleveland for their #4 and #26.

Rockman

UDFA
I'd go:

1a: Matthews (ideally after a small trade down)

If we get stuck at #2, then it has to be Clowney.

1b: Clinton-Dix
2a: Su'a-Filo
2b: Verrett
3: McCarron

That'd do me.

I would be thrilled with this.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Su'a-filo is someone we could target at the bottom of the first rd...for instance if we trade with Cleveland for their #4 and #26.
They're probably going to have to do something to get back into the bottom of the first if they want him or Yankey.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I hate trading up in the first few rounds. Generally I feel like the price is too high.
I don't like Su'a-Filo more than Jackson enough to give up two second rounders to get him.

I may be the only one, but I'm still irritated about what they gave up to draft Austin.
That's just me.

You're not the only one, Rams brother. However we were playing with house money, given the Washington trade.

It's early on Austin. And remember; the NFL is turning into a passing league. Austin, and the Rams, with benefit.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Nah- he's not as good as Warford. Xavier Su'a-Filo might be, though.

I'd certainly look at a guard even if we take one of the top two tackles. Robinson/Matthews will be moving to LT next year at the latest (and, given Jake Long's recent injury record, it may well be sooner), so having a plug-and-play guard would still be needed, especially when we take Saffold's injury history into consideration as well.

I'd go:

1a: Matthews (ideally after a small trade down)

If we get stuck at #2, then it has to be Clowney.

1b: Clinton-Dix
2a: Su'a-Filo
2b: Verrett
3: McCarron

That'd do me.

The Rams did not attend TCU pro day. I don't think they consider Verret to be as good as some on the forums or in the media.

One OG that they seem to like is Brandon Thomas from Clemson. He can backup at Tackle if needed too. One Ram scout said they really like him. Well see.