Wagoner: Austin Davis’ Future with Rams to Become Clearer

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I don't trust Sam, anymore. But if we keep Davis then it's all good. Just don't draft a QB.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
All this talk about Sam, at the moment he has zero ability, he had zero ability for the back 9 of last year and zero ability for some games in his second year. Davis is an infinetly better QB simply by virtue of being on the field.
Davis is better at being on the field SO FAR.

Let's hope the OL picks things up before that becomes not so much the case...

Athos

Legend
I think he's going to play very well against the Niners.

As good as their secondary has been thus far this season (impressive 57% completion percentage against), the Rams have a group of pass catchers who are going to get mismatches on just about every down. So purely from the perspective of WRs and TEs of the Rams against SF secondary I expect them to double Quick and try to eliminate him but it's not gonna work as Davis gets through his reads and has shown a proficiency for spreading the ball around very well.

Personally I believe that Quick, Britt, Cook, Kendricks, and Bailey are more than enough to allow this kid to keep the chains moving. Get ready for another big game from the kid, IMO.

I think the Hags are really the only team with the DB talent and physicality and athleticism to match up when Cook, Britt, and Quick are all on the field at the same time. Adding Bailey and Austin has wrinkles when they are on the field should provide matchup problems.

It's all about the protection though. O-Line has to do its job and we have to run to keep Gore off the field. Gore is the one that scares me. Not ChickenLegs Kaeperprick.