Wades 3-4 probably not a huge adjustment....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
RotoWorld :

The Broncos are expected to move on from free agent NT Sylvester Williams.

Williams has anchored the Broncos’ line the last three seasons. He was a big part of Denver’s struggles against the run, grading near the bottom of PFF’s ratings. Williams has potential to get overpaid in free agency.

Source: Denver Post
Feb 11 - 3:14 PM

Hopefully Wade just says no to rehiring this guy.

Yea, I'm not high on him either.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Put me down for:
LDE - Brockers/Hayes/Ivie
NT - FA/FA (possibly McClain/Lissemore)
RDE - Donald/Easley

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm indifferent towards him staying or going.

Well it will be interesting to see what happens. The Rams have the rights to him. I think he is a twenner DT/DE & might really strive in a 3/4 DE ?
Same with D. Easley .

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
#97? What has Eugene Sims done to earn a special shout out and guaranteed spot on the team?

I'm sure it's gotta be a typo or something. Nice to see the author thinks highly of Quinn being good to go. I'll guess he meant Brockers, maybe even Hayes or Easley, but Sims doesn't belong in the same conversation imo.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Put me down for:
LDE - Brockers/Hayes/Ivie
NT - FA/FA (possibly McClain/Lissemore)
RDE - Donald/Easley

More & more I think on NT Michael Brockers & how he could be used by Wade..... I move away from thinking that he will be our main NT in 2017. Like I said earlier in an earlier post that Wade is loaded with solid DL types that can play the DE posts in his defense. Michael Brockers just signed a 3 year, $33,250,000 contract, with $24,396,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $11,083,333. You would think that when you pay that kind of salary for DL you would desire for this player to have a bigger impact.

Question do you think that the 6-6 326 pound DL would return to the days like in 2013 when he had 46 tackles, 5.5 sacks & a forced fumble when he was not playing over the Nose? You think McVay/Phillips will get more bang for the bucks?

The fact is MB just completed this past season as our starting NT where stats wise MB had only 14 tackles 5 assists & ZERO sacks. Making an argument that MB is worth that kind of serious $$$ with very little to show for it makes me wonder if Wade will do what he says & what everyone else says placing players in the best positions. Right now I am thinking that Wade might look very hard at teaming Donald/Brockers as his starting DE's on each side of a new NT when the season begins. I am not saying that MB NT plays will end but I would look for him to move around much more & now just let the big guy have more room to play & make plays. MB has some excellent talent to display IMO.

Now the next question ??? is what to do with the large amount of salary cap $$$ tied up in two over 30 ex starting DE's 31 yr old Sims & 32 yr old Hayes near $9 million. Would be nice to trade them for a couple of quicker NT types. But Hayes is by far the better of the two & has the better size & worth whereas I see no value in Sims at all I would go with the younger cheaper RFA's Westbrooks & Easley myself.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Those are good questions @BonifayRam

A big concern of mine; our biggest contracts aren't netting us pro bowl seasons.

Austin
Barron
Brockers
Quinn
Trumaine

Soon, Ogletree joins this club.

Our best players need to be better.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

A big concern of mine; our biggest contracts aren't netting us pro bowl seasons.

Austin
Barron
Brockers
Quinn
Trumaine

This is very true but it could also be said that as the team gets better our better players get better recognition.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
it could also be said that as the team gets better our better players get better recognition.

Yeah. Definitely.

Donald is an undeniable star. Quinn, when healthy, has proven the same.

Let's add to it!!!

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay

Austin
Barron
Brockers
Quinn
Trumaine

I can forgive Quinn due to injuries, he'll be back to form and probably earn postseason recognition soon.

I think Brockers is playing at a high level, he's just not flashy. I'm not going to judge him on Pro Bowls, unless you play for a popular Super Bowl type team (like Wilmore all those years) those NTs won't get many honors, especially when Brockers is directly competing with Aaron Donald for one of the limited spots.

The other guys definitely need to play better though.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Put me down for this defense (starters are first, backups after):

LE - Easley, Kpassagnon
NT - Brockers, Louis Trinca-Pasat
RE - Donald, Westbrooks
LOLB - Ejuan Price, Demarcus Ware
LILB - Hasaan Reddick, Josh Forrest
RILB - Alec Ogletree, Bryce Hager
ROLB - Robert Quinn, Javancy Jones
LCB - Chidobe Awuzie, E.J. Gaines
RCB - Brandon Carr, Ezra Robinson.
SCB - Lamarcus Joyner
FS - Mo Alexander, Cody Davis.
SS - Mark Barron, Brian Randolph

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I ran across this and wasn't sure if it had been shared somewhere else. Anyway, here is a video from a couple years ago with Wade explaining his 3-4 defense. Assignment, alignment and technique.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I ran across this and wasn't sure if it had been shared somewhere else. Anyway, here is a video from a couple years ago with Wade explaining his 3-4 defense. Assignment, alignment and technique.

That was awesome

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
#97? What has Eugene Sims done to earn a special shout out and guaranteed spot on the team?
Our new DL coach Bill Johnson either made a big mistake on the Ram jersey number or he has not watched much film on #97 the last two seasons when Sims has been the primary starting right DE. One thing I do know is Eugene Sims does not deserve a shout out of any kind on the positive side.