Wade Phillips to interview for Skins DC tomorrow

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Washington also supposedly really likes Bradley, so we'll see.

Coaching is also "fit" and hopefully Wade decides it's not for him or he's not for them.

One can hope!

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
If he doesn't land Phillips I say fire McVay! Too soon? ok. :hiding:
pitchforks.gif

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Pay the man. Tell him he doesn't need to talk to the stinkin Skins, get on the next plane to LA instead for his giant paycheck.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Pay the man. Tell him he doesn't need to talk to the stinkin Skins, get on the next plane to LA instead for his giant paycheck.

Exactly!!!

If I'm Kroenke, I get on the phone...personally.

I let him know that *I* want him to be part of the Rams family. It's important to me. I let him know that I'll clear the decks to remove any impediments to ensure he immediately comes to LA to sign.

"What do you need to hear from me for you to cancel your meeting and come to LA to sign?"

Demoff moved swiftly and got McVay.

I sure hope they don't blow it with Wade Philips!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
On a side note, my buddy is married to Carol Maloney...

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Bradley may be going to the Chargers.

If it's ends up being a bidding contest for Wade, we better not lose.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff

As Sammy Hagar once sang. Money talks, suckers walk... Snyder vs Kroenke? Who would you bet on? :cool:

EdIt.. Meaning Snyder has never been afraid to throw the bank at someone.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Honestly if LA is all that, Wade will choose to be here. Part of the reason we moved was the ability to bring in the best, right? Okay I'm not TRYING to be a dick. But still, what's the point if the city can't land big names?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
As Sammy Hagar once sang. Money talks, suckers walk... Snyder vs Kroenke? Who would you bet on? :cool:

EdIt.. Meaning Snyder has never been afraid to throw the bank at someone.

I would bet on Stan. Going to work for Snyder is dangerous. One down year and everyone's lookin for another job.

Or work for a guy even richer than Snyder, with competitive pay, and strong defensive pieces, while getting in on the ground floor. Oh and whoever is part of a Rams resurgence is going to be a MFing hero.

EDIT: key is going to be Phillips' kid. I think he's going to go where his kid is.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Honestly if LA is all that, Wade will choose to be here. Part of the reason we moved was the ability to bring in the best, right? Okay I'm not TRYING to be a dick. But still, what's the point if the city can't land big names?
You mean like, Sean McVay?

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
I would bet on Stan. Going to work for Snyder is dangerous. One down year and everyone's lookin for another job.

Or work for a guy even richer than Snyder, with competitive pay, and strong defensive pieces, while getting in on the ground floor. Oh and whoever is part of a Rams resurgence is going to be a MFing hero.

EDIT: key is going to be Phillips' kid. I think he's going to go where his kid is.

Wager differently we do... LOL.. Wal Mart has built empire on buying cheaply. :cool: Snyder will get the man he wants before Stan. Just saying.

Last edited:

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
You mean like, Sean McVay?

I don't consider the cat a "big name" myself.. But yet I've seen too many hopefuls, hot OC's/DC's come and go.. Linehan, Spags... I'm neutral on this. Hope the cat succeeds, but only time will tell. I like the young blood but at the same time have reservations. One thing about a young coach... You can have senior staff members who are jealous and/or trying to stab him in the back so they can get the job.. Just one possibility. I'll give him time though like the others. :)

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I don't consider the cat a "big name" myself.. But yet I've seen too many hopefuls, hot OC's/DC's come and go.. Linehan, Spags... I'm neutral on this. Hope the cat succeeds, but only time will tell. I like the young blood but at the same time have reservations. One thing about a young coach... You can have senior staff members who are jealous and/or trying to stab him in the back so they can get the job.. Just one possibility. I'll give him time though like the others. :)

There is a difference between fad "hot coordinator" that had flags BEFORE they were hired *cough* Kyle Shanahan *cough* like Raheem Morris or others... and simply ascendant talent that is in the beginning of putting it all together... Madden, Tomlin, Gruden...

I think it's a mistake to conflate all the young guys into the same group. Those who were successful had things that distinguished them that could be seen prior to their hiring. Hype and projection hides that all to often, tho.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
There is a difference between fad "hot coordinator" that had flags BEFORE they were hired *cough* Kyle Shanahan *cough* like Raheem Morris or others... and simply ascendant talent that is in the beginning of putting it all together... Madden, Tomlin, Gruden...

I think it's a mistake to conflate all the young guys into the same group. Those who were successful had things that distinguished them that could be seen prior to their hiring. Hype and projection hides that all to often, tho.

I noticed you didn't comment on the back stabbing... :cool:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cant imagine turning down the opportunity to coach Aaron Donald