vs Jaguars PFF grades best and worst

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
If you care about such things.

Rams PFF grades: Best and worst performers in Week 13 win vs. Jaguars​

The Rams faced a difficult stretch in November against the Titans, 49ers and Packers. Things eased up to open December, hosting the Jaguars on Sunday in a game they were heavily favored to win.

The result was an easy 37-7 victory over Jacksonville, snapping the Rams’ three-game losing streak. With the Jaguars playing like, well, the Jaguars, several Rams players earned high grades for their performances.
Below, we take a look at some of the top grades on offense and defense from Pro Football Focus‘ analysis, as well as the lowest-graded players from Week 13.
Top 3 offense

It’s shocking to see Noteboom as the highest-graded Rams player on offense, given his limited role this season. However, he came in as the sixth offensive lineman a handful of times and performed well as a run blocker. He played 16 total snaps, with 11 of those coming in the running game, and he made a difference for Sony Michel and the rushing attack.
Havenstein also played well, allowing just one pressure and earning a team-best 91.8 run-blocking grade.
Kupp was as good as always, catching eight passes for 129 yards with no drops and two catches on contested targets.
Top 3 defense
  • DT Aaron Donald: 95.8
  • LB Ernest Jones: 89.8
  • OLB Von Miller: 78.3
Donald’s 95.8 defensive grade is the highest of his career, even though he only had one sack. He did have two QB hits and a forced fumble, pressuring Trevor Lawrence seven times, so he was definitely productive. But it’s hard to say this was his best game ever.
Jones was a pleasant surprise as the top linebacker, making a game-high nine tackles with a half-sack and a pass defensed, too. He should remain the primary linebacker over Troy Reeder moving forward, especially after earning a coverage grade of 80.3.
Miller’s grade was inflated considerably by his 90.6 coverage grade, which was by far the highest on the team. He didn’t have a single pressure and only made one tackle, so he didn’t exactly flash often.
Bottom 3 offense
  • WR Ben Skowronek: 53.3
  • WR Van Jefferson: 51.4
  • TE Kendall Blanton: 27.3
Skowronek and Jefferson both had a case of the drops. On the Rams’ opening drive, Skowronek dropped a third-down pass over the middle, failing to come up with the low throw. Jefferson dropped an easy pass on a slant later in the game, which was also on third down and would’ve converted over the middle.
Blanton dropped a would-be touchdown in the end zone and fumbled the ball on his lone reception, even though he wasn’t hit on the play. He was excellent as a run-blocker, though, with a grade of 78.2 in that department – third on the team.
Bottom 3 defense
  • CB Darious Williams: 53.1
  • CB Dont’e Deayon: 48.2
  • S Nick Scott: 46.3
Williams missed one tackle and allowed two catches for 14 yards on three targets, with a long of 16 yards; his second reception allowed was a 2-yard loss after he made a great tackle on the screen pass.
Deayon gave up a team-high four catches for 47 yards in coverage and also missed a tackle of his own. The biggest play of the game came with Deayon in coverage, a 28-yarder over the middle to Laquon Treadwell.
Scott made three tackles and wasn’t targeted in coverage, but he missed another tackle and was given a coverage grade of 46.8 at safety.
Other notables
  • QB Matthew Stafford: 80.3
  • RB Sony Michel: 74.9
  • NT Greg Gaines: 72.9
  • CB Jalen Ramsey: 71.7
  • C Coleman Shelton: 66.8
  • OLB Leonard Floyd: 57.6
Stafford didn’t crack the top three on offense but he still put together a great performance with two big-time throws and zero turnover-worthy plays – a key stat after his turnover-filled November.
Michel impressed with 121 yards on 24 carries, gaining 80 yards after contact and forcing five missed tackles. He needs work as a pass protector, though, which is where PFF knocked him down a bit (46.7 pass-blocking grade).
Gaines added another four pressures to his season total, ranking second on the team once again. He also made two stops and four total tackles, though he did miss on two tackle attempts.
Ramsey gave up just one catch for 12 yards on four targets, forcing an incompletion on fourth down in the second half.
Shelton did a good job in place of Brian Allen, taking over after just one play. He earned a 74.1 pass-blocking grade and 63.6 as a run blocker, showing some potential.
Floyd can’t seem to stop missing tackles, whiffing once on Sunday. He only had one pressure on 29 pass-rush snaps, too, so he wasn’t very productive on the edge.

TexasRam

Legend
Blanton drops a pass that was a little behind him and because he almost fumbled we are dropping him 50 points to 27.3. Though he did some great run blocking.

Sounds like someone wanted an early lunch and was half assing it at work.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Saw Hopkins get a couple reps in.Was good to see.He has to earn his playing time.

Blanton was a disappointment ,because he has shown he has ability.

DD21 got knocked over on that big play.I just hate seeing certain rules being able to not get called because of intention.
I’ve been watching this 5 yard rule & trying to figure it out.The NFL Referees have a tough job.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Another pedestrian outing for Skowronek. It is early yet, but not an inspiring start to his career in horns.

I tend to like Notre Dame products because of the school's academic requirements for its players. Aside from the QB position, people often underestimate how much of the game requires / can be augmented by strong mental processing.

Hopefully, he can pull it together and improve with more experience.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Blanton drops a pass that was a little behind him and because he almost fumbled we are dropping him 50 points to 27.3. Though he did some great run blocking.

Sounds like someone wanted an early lunch and was half assing it at work.
Keep him blocking, Blanton will continue to develop, however, catching passes is not where he's going to be a total asset. Blocking is his forte from Missouri and I believe he can continue to be utilized in that fashion.

Tano

Legend
Another pedestrian outing for Skowronek. It is early yet, but not an inspiring start to his career in horns.

I tend to like Notre Dame products because of the school's academic requirements for its players. Aside from the QB position, people often underestimate how much of the game requires / can be augmented by strong mental processing.

I did like his one catch deep over the middle.

That was a heck of a catch.

I have hope for him still.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

I get where you're coming from here for the record but will say that he's been doing quite well for a midround rookie tbh. I like what he adds, some size and sure hands. He's not an explosive type but moreso a role player and has actually helped us so far which is about all you can hope for with a guy like him in his first year.

That play where Stafford audibled and hit Skow down the middle was fantastic btw. It demonstrates Skow's value that he was on the same page there with the QB and aware and made the play.

I'm just really happy with him so far and feel like we need to keep expectations on him realistic. We have new elements in this offense trying to get on the same page with 9 and given the injuries we've encountered I am thankful we have both Skow and Odell starting to show out for us a bit. They just all have to sort into their roles and get their timing down with 9 and if the run game's there maybe we have enough for a run.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Never really gave much credit to subjective grades like this where they have no clue what was called on any given play yet they promote themselves like they are an authority.

That said it does give some idea relative to other grades they give.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I get where you're coming from here for the record but will say that he's been doing quite well for a midround rookie tbh. I like what he adds, some size and sure hands. He's not an explosive type but moreso a role player and has actually helped us so far which is about all you can hope for with a guy like him in his first year.

That play where Stafford audibled and hit Skow down the middle was fantastic btw. It demonstrates Skow's value that he was on the same page there with the QB and aware and made the play.

I'm just really happy with him so far and feel like we need to keep expectations on him realistic. We have new elements in this offense trying to get on the same page with 9 and given the injuries we've encountered I am thankful we have both Skow and Odell starting to show out for us a bit. They just all have to sort into their roles and get their timing down with 9 and if the run game's there maybe we have enough for a run.
He's done some things well but I don't think there's anything wrong with expecting him to catch the ball. Catching is something that all should be able to do regardless of draft position. The same applies to Van Jefferson and Blanton.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah the criticism is warranted. Not making excuses for them by any means. Just observing that I have been happy with them settling in and I'll accept the mistakes and occasional drops because I consider them both to be sure handed type receivers and I'm just happy they're making plays to help us.

I recall Kupp dropping that TD pass that caused us to lose vs Seattle his rookie season. Wasn't like him but he was a young guy whose head was spinning so shit happens.

Psycho_X

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I get where you're coming from here for the record but will say that he's been doing quite well for a midround rookie tbh.
Was a seventh rounder so having him on the roster and actively contributing is already breaking expectations. Can't expect there not to be bumps with a 7th round pick. He shows potential as a 4th WR and depth/special teams player so am looking forward to watching him develop. Talent wise I don't expect him to be much more than that but I think he can be an important role player for us for years to come as he gets experience.

Tano

Legend
Yeah the criticism is warranted. Not making excuses for them by any means. Just observing that I have been happy with them settling in and I'll accept the mistakes and occasional drops because I consider them both to be sure handed type receivers and I'm just happy they're making plays to help us.

I recall Kupp dropping that TD pass that caused us to lose vs Seattle his rookie season. Wasn't like him but he was a young guy whose head was spinning so shit happens.
I still don't think that was a drop by Kupp

He was only able to put finger tips on that ball.

I do think Goff thought Kupp was going to go a bit more to his left and threw the ball where he thought Kupp was going to be.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Was a seventh rounder so having him on the roster and actively contributing is already breaking expectations. Can't expect there not to be bumps with a 7th round pick. He shows potential as a 4th WR and depth/special teams player so am looking forward to watching him develop. Talent wise I don't expect him to be much more than that but I think he can be an important role player for us for years to come as he gets experience.
A 7th round rookie producing at all is a win.
Yep.. he dropped the one.. but came back with that nice catch later. I think you nailed it on his role, moving forward. I think he makes 11 personnel stronger in the run game than OBJ, for sure.. so he can contribute there while keeping the D honest enough with his ability to make a play or two in the passing game.
He's being asked to do a lot as a rookie and is doing pretty damn well, imo.. especially for a 7th rounder.