VP of Officiating Parties on Cowboys Party Bus

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I DO think it demonstrates a lack of judgment. And isn't that his job? Judgment? If a judge were to do something like this, he would have to be recused from any case involving the persons he socialized with. I'm not sure of this dork's official job duties but if I was shelling out millions on a team, even the hint of favoritism would make me want to have this guy far removed from anything potentially deciding the outcome of one of my games - unless of course I was Jeruh.

Irish

Starter
God bless America, people, this is not okay! What compels someone to do something so stupid?! If you wanna get on a party bus, double fist dom perignon and take bumps off of Chastity's (shes saving money for computer school) backside all night, that is your business, but for the love of common sense don't do it on a bus with the most recognizable franchise in the United States!

How is this guy protecting the Shield, there, Roger?

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Maybe it's just me but I don't think this is a really big deal.

It certainly could be nothing more than him just going out to dinner with some of the Cowboys folks, but it certainly doesn't look good and shows incredibly poor judgement. If nothing else, he should've taken a cab or his own transportation there instead of a team's 'party bus'.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
this just shows what chumps the public are for not realizing that the nfl is just another wwf, just with more resources and a more sophisticated stage.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
His only mistake was doing it with the Cowboys. Most NFL staff are 49er fans so instead of scandal they just get media love, see his predecessor: http://news.kron4.com/tag/mike-pereira/

Mike Pereira: "I grew up a 49er fan ... I’ve always been a Niner fan or part of a Niner fan. I thought to me they were a team of destiny ... The refs always play a role ... To say that they don’t is probably the figment of an imagination ..."

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
this just shows what chumps the public are for not realizing that the nfl is just another wwf, just with more resources and a more sophisticated stage.

You think everything is scripted and controlled and the outcomes are predisposed?

Is that what you mean?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It certainly could be nothing more than him just going out to dinner with some of the Cowboys folks, but it certainly doesn't look good and shows incredibly poor judgement. If nothing else, he should've taken a cab or his own transportation there instead of a team's 'party bus'.

Officials from every branch of the NFL office visit teams all the time. And they go out to high end restaurants and take limos, and in this case a bus. The only reason it's being tagged as a "party bus" is because the writer decided to name it that.

This is a non story that the media is blowing up because there isn't anything else to write about regarding the NFL. LaConfora shold apologize for this IMO. And if I was Blandino I'd be taking him to task for his shaft job.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Officials from every branch of the NFL office visit teams all the time. And they go out to high end restaurants and take limos, and in this case a bus. The only reason it's being tagged as a "party bus" is because the writer decided to name it that.

This is a non story that the media is blowing up because there isn't anything else to write about regarding the NFL. LaConfora shold apologize for this IMO. And if I was Blandino I'd be taking him to task for his shaft job.

Well, I don't know where that line is, but the article states some team officials feel it crossed the line.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Well, I don't know where that line is, but the article states some team officials feel it crossed the line.

He says that but how much cred does he have? He's a Florio type isn't he? Fast and loose with facts?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
You think everything is scripted and controlled and the outcomes are predisposed?

Is that what you mean?
Maybe funneled or channeled is a better term. I think i know what he means.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh

Is that what you mean?
I just rub some people the wrong way, don't I? It must be soooo very frustrating. Especially for those who are the most indoctrinated.

Maybe it was the hippie schools I went to. Thankfully, they've all been shut down :cry:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe it's just me but I don't think this is a really big deal.

I don't either. Just terrible judgement. As Thor said, regulatory people shouldn't accept perks from the people they regulate.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I don't either. Just terrible judgement. As Thor said, regulatory people shouldn't accept perks from the people they regulate.

Slightly bad judgement, I think terrible is too strong of a word.

A thought crossed my mind and I wonder how much time the NFL refs in training camps spend with players, coaches and so on while they are in town.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I just rub some people the wrong way, don't I? It must be soooo very frustrating. Especially for those who are the most indoctrinated.

Maybe it was the hippie schools I went to. Thankfully, they've all been shut down :cry:

You do rub some people the wrong way but I wouldn't worry about it because most everyone alive does that. It isn't important. Don't get yourself worked up. I'm just trying to figure out if you really think the NFL is as scripted and the outcome is predetermined?

Cuz if you think that I have some other questions for ya.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
You do rub some people the wrong way but I wouldn't worry about it because most everyone alive does that. It isn't important. Don't get yourself worked up. I'm just trying to figure out if you really think the NFL is as scripted and the outcome is predetermined?

Cuz if you think that I have some other questions for ya.
It'll be a cold day in hell before I lower myself to that. I've got more that i could say, but it wouldn't be appropriate on this forum.

Last edited:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Please revist this post a few years after graduating from law school.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It'll be a cold day in hell before I lower myself to that. I've got more that i could say, but it wouldn't be appropriate on this forum.

A cold day before you lower yourself to answering the question? How is explaining and expounding on your previously stated position not appropriate for the forum?

If you don't want to answer the question that's fine, but there's no reason to say what you just did.