Von Miller thinks 30 sacks in a season is definitely doable

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Robert Quinn nods his head in agreement as long as offensive holding is actually called. Btw the sack where Strahan broke the record should not count because Brett Favre laid down like a dog.
***********************************************************************************
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-a...k-season/51c48738-4926-4af0-b6bf-1883cc43d368

Von Miller considers possibility of 30-sack season
Aric DiLalla/Associate Editor/DenverBroncos.com

Michael Strahan’s single-season sack record has stood for 15 years. His 22.5-sack output may not be the standard forever, though, if you ask outside linebacker
Von Miller.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C2W62HNNsc

And if it does fall, Strahan’s mark could be left far behind. Following Wednesday’s practice, Miller entertained the thought that a player could reach 30 sacks, and he broke down the path to that number for a player of his or Oakland’s Khalil Mack’s caliber.

“Thirty? I think it is [attainable],” Miller said. “First off, you’ve got to come out -- let me think about it. You’ve got to get 10 in that first month. You’ve got to get 10 your first month, which is doable. You get two-and-a-half, you get two-and-a-half the next game, two-and-a-half the next game after that. You might miss one game, but then you get two-and-a-half [the next game].

“So then you’ve got 10 in five games right there. If you get three, two, three [in a stretch], it’s definitely doable.”

Miller, who is either quick on his feet or has previously thought about the 30-sack mark, has tailored his plan down to individual snaps. And while “the gospel” says teams will chip elite pass rushers, Miller has decided there’s a path if someone can perform with high efficiency.

“You’ve got to take advantage of your pass rush opportunities,” Miller said. “If you get five open rushes, you’ve got to win all five of those rushes. Out of those five rushes, you might get two or three sacks off those. That’s the math that I have on it.

“Out of those five plays — you’ve got to get home on those plays to make it happen.”

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, it's possible..WATCH ME VON!
~Quinn

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And the NFL just announced a drug test tomorrow for Von Miller.

nighttrain

Legend
i know it's unofficial, but how many did the Deacon have? twenty something in fourteen games
train

jap

Legend
i know it's unofficial, but how many did the Deacon have? twenty something in fourteen games
train

The Minister of Defense had 26 sacks during the 1967 campaign and followed up with an encore of 24 sacks the following 1968 season. That's a total of 50 sacks in two 14-game seasons or better than a sack and a half per game.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
just looked it up
What is particularly remarkable is that Jones’ total of 129 sacks in 98 games over a seven-year period – when the NFL played 14-game schedules – meant he averaged 1.31 sacks per game. High of 26 sacks in fourteen games in 1967...

I was fortunate to see a lot of those games, good times....
https://www.101sports.com/2013/06/05/deacon-jones-if-sacks-were-stats-then/

train
I was going to guess 24-26 over 4 years, and I'm right! Plus there where no "Give-Me's" Like Strahan got from "Favor"{ intentionally mis-spelled!}!

I personally don't see anyone getting to "30 Sacks" for the simple reason todays Football rules protect the QB too much!(y) Plus your not allowed to Slap an O-Lineman ' Up-side-the-head' Like my main man Deacon did back-in-the-day!:D:ROFLMAO:

nighttrain

Legend
The Minister of Defense had 26 sacks during the 1967 campaign and followed up with an encore of 24 sacks the following 1968 season. That's a total of 50 sacks in two 14-game seasons or better than a sack and a half per game.
Secretary of Defense!
train

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I don't know, I think Denvers defense could probably get 35 or even 40 sacks this year.