Vincent Brown: Scheduled for workout in St. Louis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I like the fact they are still trying to improve the talent on this team. I dislike they have not found a way to use what they have. I really don't understand how Quick and Bailey only get 1 target per game. And they plays they do get are behind the freaking LOS. When is Cig going to call a slant? And call plays that are BEYOND THE LINE TO GAIN for a first down.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Why don't we see very many crossing routes? Or pick plays? Or slants? Where's the short passing game beyond the LOS. Kind of echoing @blackbart here.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Probably just looking for another warm body for the PS. If this was based on in game performance then we'd be practicing QBs.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/09/rams-work-out-wes-welker-hakeem-nicks-vincent-brown/

Could be an interesting turn of events?!

<--------- Start

The Rams are considering a veteran wide receiver to bolster their anemic passing game.

Toward that end, they’re working out veteran receivers Wes Welker, Hakeem Nicks and Vincent Brown today, Adam Caplan of ESPN reports.

Welker said last week that he still should be playing. Once among the NFL’s best receivers, Welker has been out of the league all year amid concerns around the league that he has nothing left and may even be putting himself at risk if he plays again.

Nick has worked out with several teams this year but hasn’t been able to catch on anywhere. The Titans cut him at the end of the preseason.

Brown was once a very promising young receiver for the Chargers but was cut by the Chargers in 2014, lasted only seven games with the Raiders after that and was cut by the Colts after spending some time in Indianapolis this offseason.

St. Louis has gotten very little production from the wide receiver position this year. A veteran addition, even of a player past his prime, could make a difference.

End-------->

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Nicks was toast last year... not sure he'd be any better a year older. Welker... yeesh, if he's the Welker of old, he should hold up even with another year, as he doesn't really depend on speed, but I'd hate to see him just break in half on the field. Maybe he could teach Quick how to run routes.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Sign all of them. We have cap space to spare right now and, aside from Austin, our receivers have been invisible this year. These 8-9 man boxes are going to get ridiculous if we don't have a receiving threat downfield.

KDS73

Rookie
Nicks is the tallest. He'd have the best chance of catching an overthrown Foles pass.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Sign all of them. We have cap space to spare this year and, aside from Austin, our receivers have been invisible this year. These 8-9 man boxes are going to get ridiculous if we don't have a receiving that downfield.
Not sure the wideouts are the problem. Quick was waaaaaaaay open early in the game and Foles overthrew him by a good five yards. Britt was waaaaaaaaay open and Foles didn't even look his way. I have to re-watch - and would love opinions from someone who can watch the coaches tapes - but it seems like guys are coming open, but for whatever reason Foles is locking on his primary target and refusing to push the ball over the middle.

An ancient Hakeem Nicks isn't going to help that, IMO.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Welker is interesting considering how inept the third down conversion rate is...

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
Not sure the wideouts are the problem. Quick was waaaaaaaay open early in the game and Foles overthrew him by a good five yards. Britt was waaaaaaaaay open and Foles didn't even look his way. I have to re-watch - and would love opinions from someone who can watch the coaches tapes - but it seems like guys are coming open, but for whatever reason Foles is locking on his primary target and refusing to push the ball over the middle.

I agree. Definitely not the greatest receiving corps in the league but I don't think any of those guys would help. It comes down to Foles being able to make accurate throws.
Welker is/was a very solid player and maybe could impact this team, but the imagery of him laying unconscious on the turf would be a tough piece of PR for the Rams to handle. I know its his own decision but sometimes you gotta try and save somebody from themselves.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron

Agreed. I know we want to give Nick a shot, but not holding him accountable imo is just going to make it worse. Not getting away from his first read and missing open receivers has been his problem since he got into the league and it's only getting worse, not better.

maximus

Rookie
I agree. Definitely not the greatest receiving corps in the league but I don't think any of those guys would help. It comes down to Foles being able to make accurate throws.
Welker is/was a very solid player and maybe could impact this team, but the imagery of him laying unconscious on the turf would be a tough piece of PR for the Rams to handle. I know its his own decision but sometimes you gotta try and save somebody from themselves.

Welker is a very good slot receiver, just what the Rams are missing. If he wants to play let him play. Third downs are killing the Rams.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Unless one of these WRs comes with a QB that will find them down the field, not much to see here....

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Out of those, I'd want Welker, but he might literally die on the field with his concussion history. He would help our 3rd down rate but still, I don't know..