Vince Ferragamo reflects on Rams/Niners rivalry

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Cool interview with The Italian Stallion.

Great memories for me in that 79 season. My Granddad took me to the NFC Championship. I was like 12 or 13. One of my fondest memories.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's about how old I was too. I watched the SB at my friend's house who was a huge Steelers fan.
I was able to talk some middle school smack for the first 3 quarters, and then .....

Well, I don't have to tell you. :cry:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Man I'll never forget where I was during that SB.

My Grandmother made me go to church,,, and it wasn't even regular church, it was some special deal that we would never go to. The preacher's wife felt so bad for me that she would run over to her house (right next to the church) every 5 minutes or so and give me an update. We got home in time for "that" second half that you mentioned. I told my Grandmother that day, that when I became old enough to make my own decisions, I would never again go to church because of having to go that day. I reminded her about that shit for as long as she was with us (up until about 2 years ago),,, I was relentless about it too.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.

Church on SB Sunday? That's like, sacrilege.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Ugh. That was the first (and last???) time I cried after watching a football game. I was 7 years old and watching the game with my best friend (Steeler fan), and our fathers. Almost came to blows after that game....seriously. I am proud to inform you all that I am STILL BFFs with that jackass....and I converted him to a Rams fan in the late 80's. He is as die hard as they come, and I have been trying to make him join this board for over 2 years. He WILL be assimilated!!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah - one of my best friends bet me on that game. He wasn't a Steelers fan but he knew how much of a Ram fan I was. That was the last time I bet on the Rams. And not because I had no faith but I just felt I was giving them bad JuJu. Hell - I'm still not over that game. We kicked their asses for three quarters. I loved Nolan Cromwell and it sure hurt to watch him have a ball that could have made him all Rams fans eternal hero turn into a sharp dagger that ripped through my heart. Oh - the agony. Pick off that pass and the Steelers were done. Instead it gave them a score that not only put them in the lead but gave them a huge momentum swing.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
X said:

I made good on my promise to my Grandmother because of it.

And Stu, bringing up the dropped INT by Nolan. Agony my Brudda, pure AGONY.
Despite that haunting memory,,, I wore #21 through HS.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Selassie I said:
I still have my ticket stub to that game, I'll post a scan of it next time I dig into my storage. I've never been so emotionally drained after a game, we were leading at the end of every quarter except the last one :(

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
interference said:
Selassie I said:
I still have my ticket stub to that game, I'll post a scan of it next time I dig into my storage. I've never been so emotionally drained after a game, we were leading at the end of every quarter except the last one :(

Man that would be cool. Would love to see that.

Wish I had my stub from the 79 Championship Game. I did save my stub from the Jan 27, 2002 Championship though. Still got the Ram towel they passed out at that game too.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Selassie I said:
X said:

I made good on my promise to my Grandmother because of it.

And Stu, bringing up the dropped INT by Nolan. Agony my Brudda, pure AGONY.
Despite that haunting memory,,, I wore #21 through HS.

Me too my brother - though I only played HS ball two years. I also had this funky Rams shirt that had a 21 on the right rib cage and Cromwell on the back. Wish I still had that one. Never seen another one since.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Stu

I'm now certain that we must be brothas from another motha!

I always thought Cromwell was a very cool cat. He lost some of his swag with me though when I saw his "dance moves" on the infamous Ram-It video.

Side note - My sister was an All-American volleyball player in college,,, she wore #21 too, because it was my number tho (she did know why I wore it).

Nolan was on my mind all of the time as a result. Certainly way past his playing days.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Selassie I said:
Stu

I'm now certain that we must be brothas from another motha!
I always thought Cromwell was a very cool cat. He lost some of his swag with me though when I saw his "dance moves" on the infamous Ram-It video.

Side note - My sister was an All-American volleyball player in college,,, she wore #21 too, because it was my number tho (she did know why I wore it).

Nolan was on my mind all of the time as a result. Certainly way past his playing days.

Sounds like it man. And for what it's worth, EVERYONE on that Rams team lost too much swag with that vid. I have that damn thing on 45 too. :peek: Yikes!